Maximum Ride: 9-11 (chapter three)

Maximum Ride: 9-11 (chapter three)

A Chapter by Brittany
"

Maximum Ride meets 9-11 - CHAPTER THREE

"
CHAPTER THREE
So there we were. On the very top of the second Twin Tower, the South Tower. Was it thrilling? Yes. Was it a great view? Absolutely. Were there a lot of people? HECK yes and it made me and Fang so jumpy, we were almost yelling at every single sound. 
Don't get me wrong, I was really glad that the kids were enjoying themselves. Actually, it was probably the most fun they had in a long, long time. 
But Fang and I were the ones who didn't look at things whether it would be fun or not. We looked at things and asked ourselves if it would be safe, if anyone would kill us, or if anyone would trap us in a cage and start testing us with long, thick needles.
Understand why we were really jumpy now?
Nudge and Angel were at the edge, looking through those microscope-stand things that were drilled to the cement ground while Iggy and Gazzy were seeing how much damage they could do if they blew it up. Of course.
I glanced at Fang, tense. The muscles in his neck were tight and anyone could tell that he was nervous and uncomfortable. We had to get out of here soon.
"Alright kids!" I heard a father say. "It's 8:45! We need to…"
"Max! Look!!" I heard Nudge say in an anxious voice. I ran over quick, Fang on my heels. 
"What is it? What's wrong?!"
Nudge pointed. "Is that plane supposed to be flying that low?"
I looked, then gasped a little. 
Before any of us could even think, the loudest explosion in the world filled the air. The top of the building shook and I stumbled. Nudge grabbed Gazzy and Angel as Fang grabbed my arm.
The first thing that went through my mind was: Iggy and Gazzy. But then I remembered that plane. 
I looked at Angel. "What happened?!"
Angel coughed as thick, dark gray smoke filled the air. "The plane crashed into the North Tower! A terrorist!"
I heard screams and stumbled to the edge of the tower, then my eyes widened in horror. A plane had crashed into the tower next to us and caused a huge explosion. 
People ran screaming. They all crowded at the stairs, then the top of the building was empty except for the six of us.
My eyes burned and I breathed in ash, coughing. We had to get out of here. But the smoke was so thick even we could barely see. 
"Ugh…g-get out of here!!" I yelled over all the noise. Gazzy managed to get in the air and I winced. "Everyone meet at the ocean!!" Angel managed to follow Gazzy and they disappeared.
Okay. Deep breaths. Try and concentrate.
I slowly took in what was around, above, and below me. The North Tower, right next to us, was on fire from a plane crashing into it. Iggy, Fang, and Nudge stood next to me, waiting for an idea to come to me. Below us, I could hear screaming and crying of people on the ground, plus the yells of the ones in both of the towers. Smoke was all around us, along with pieces of ash floating around.
We needed to get out of here. But how?
I looked over. "Iggy!! Nudge!! You guys jump off and trying to find safety!"
I knew Fang wouldn't leave my side for one second as I watched the two obey the command and jump off, disappearing. 
I looked at Fang and he nodded. "Let's go."
But before either of us could move, another explosion filled the air. This time, it was right below us. The South Tower shook under our feet and I stumbled, then fell to the cement. Fang cursed, looking around fast. 
"Another one?!" he yelled, then got a mouthful of ash in his mouth and choked. 
I quickly got to my feet, going over to Fang. All of a sudden, I hated New York City. 
"We need to get down on the ground!" I yelled to him. He nodded and wiped his mouth. I ran to the edge of the building and jumped off, feeling the rush of air all around me. I sighed a little, then my wings snapped out and I flew away from the Twin Towers, Fang behind me.
I just hoped the others were alright. And that Fang and I would get out of this alive.


© 2010 Brittany


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on October 12, 2010
Last Updated on October 12, 2010