Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Maximum Ride: 9-11 (END)

Maximum Ride: 9-11 (END)

A Chapter by Brittany
"

Maximum Ride meets 9-11 - LAST CHAPTER - END

"
CHAPTER FOUR - END-
The air around Fang and I was so hot and particles of burning ash kept hitting our wings, that we were forced to land on the ground. It wasn't any more safe on the ground either. People were going crazy. Some where taking pictures, some video-recording, and others just standing there with their mouth open, staring.
The two of us ran into an alley, hiding and ducking for cover. We folded in our wings tight. At least we didn't have to worry about people noticing us, since the terrorist attack was, you know, kind of a big deal right now.
Right now, I was surprisingly calm. On the other hand, Fang beside me was freaking out still. We had seen bombs in our lives, of course. But not this big. Plus the people around us were making it worse.
I would say it had to have been an hour past, and then all hell broke loose. 
I heard people starting to scream again and I ran out of the alley into the street out of curiosity. I gasped out loud, eyes wide. One of the towers started to collapse from the top.
Glass shattered and concrete crushed with metal. A "popping" noise sounded as ash and dust clouded around the descending building. Fang yanked me back into the alley and crouched against the wall, his body shielding me. Dust hit us hard and chunks of concrete fell all around.
Ash and debris was literally up to my knees and I coughed hard against Fang's chest. I could hear him breathing unevenly. We needed to get out of here, and quick.
Two problems. One, there was so much ash everywhere that we couldn't get a good running start to get in the air. Two, we couldn't even breathe, much less fly.
I don't know how long it was, but finally we tried to take off into the air, using the top of a building. Just as we were in the air, the other tower burst into more flames and started to collapse. 
Oh just GREAT!
We managed to get into the air, but blasts of ash hit us again. We hung in midair for a minute, coughing and hacking, then got high enough where the air was clear. 
I breathed hard, gasping in the fresh air. Fang stayed beside me, also breathing fast.
"I hope everyone is o-okay…" I muttered, tilting and flying off. Fang followed me and nodded silently.
Okay, so seriously. Barely anything freaks me out or gets me into a shaken state of mind. But this…this pushed me head-first into a damaged mental state. Fang and I just escaped from a huge terrorist attack by a hair, and I didn't have a clue if everyone made it to the ocean safely.
As we flew, our lungs cleared out and we were able to breathe normally again. My eyes still stung a little, but otherwise, we were physically okay. 
That's until I realized Fang was literally dripping blood.
"Fang!! You're bleeding!" I yelled, diving over to him. As usual, he protested and tried to tell me it was fine, but then as we landed on the rocky shore of the ocean, I found a huge piece of metal sliced into his back.
CRAP!!!
This was bad. Really bad. I knelt beside him on the sand and examined it, licking my lips nervously. 
"We need to get you to a hospital…"
Fang shook his head. "N-no…"
I swallowed hard, then with all my strength (it was hard to do this, trust me…) I yanked the metal out quick.
To all you doctors out there, don't tell me how I'm such an idiot and I should've taken him straight to a hospital. Didn't you hear me mention that in the first place?! Besides…it wasn't really bad…I think…
Fang yelled loud, his hands digging into the sand. He grit his teeth as blood poured out of the wound. "Nn…"
I quickly ripped off a thick piece of my shirt and tied it around his torso after getting the little chunks of metal out of it. 
He had probably gotten the metal in him when he had thrown himself at me as the first tower collapsed. 
Ugh, what was I going to do with him?!
I tore strips off my pants and also tied them around it, making a huge bandage.
"Just hang in there…" I mumbled, laying him down on his stomach on the ground. He groaned, trying to be tough. I smiled a little despite the situation.
A couple minutes later, the rest of the flock found us and I sighed of relief. They were all just fine, but in total shock. Then the shock increased even more when they saw Fang.
Nudge looked at me, worried. "We need to take him to a hospital, Max…you know we should."
I put a hand to my head. "I know…"
Fang glared. "No!!"
I smirked at him, laughing. "Yes, we are. Let's go guys."

~

Fang eventually recovered, but it took him a couple months to start walking again. A huge, awesome scar formed on his back and he was secretly proud of it. The flock was proud of it. 
I was proud of it. Proud of him. 

He's my hero…


© 2010 Brittany


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on October 12, 2010
Last Updated on October 12, 2010