hey, miss me?

hey, miss me?

A Chapter by Britt Foster
"

Short continuation from the previous chapter. This one is from the blonde vampire's POV. He decides to stop being a stalker and actually approach his victim for a second time instead of simply lurking outside his house.

"

BLOOD AND KISSES.

2, hey, miss me?

   

        Sure, I felt bad.

 I hadn’t left my home with the intention of hurting anyone -- I certainly hadn’t been planning on biting anyone – but things just…happened. It hadn’t been my fault. Who went out so late for a midnight stroll during winter anyway? I had been almost sure that I wouldn’t encounter anyone…if I had known that someone was going to be at my park, I would have stayed away. But no.

I was busy leaning against a tree, minding my own business, when a human had to saunter up and sit on the swing set a few meters away. He was alone, he was vulnerable, he was alive, and I was hungry. I tried to restrain myself, but of course I failed. I walked over to him despite my better judgment, and from there things just took their own course of action.

Yeah, I bit him. Yeah, I drank his blood.

I had seriously had to tear myself away to prevent myself from draining the man, and as soon as I broke contact he had limply crumbled to the floor. A moment of hesitation had crossed my mind as I contemplated what to do, but in the end I simply settled for running. The guilt was incredible.

In fact, it was that very guilt flaring up inside me that convinced me to keep a watch on my victim. I stuck around and saw the ambulance that took him to the hospital, I was there on the day that he returned home, and I was watching when he first came home after purchasing blood (I knew that he'd purchased it because the smell was unmistakably strong and he was acting all sneaky with his shopping bag). Basically, I lurked around his neighborhood for over a week.

I had pretty much been stalking him.

In fact...I was still stalking him.

Shifting uncomfortably as it dawned on me that I was a creeper, I glanced up at the house I was standing in front of. His house. It was a small, single-story building with white stucco walls and neat sky-blue trimming, not the prettiest of things but suitable enough. It didn’t look like it would be hard to get into.

Creeping across his lawn, I tried opening the front door before anything else. As expected, it was locked. The next step was to try the windows.

To my surprise, the first one I encountered was helpfully cracked open. I pulled on the wooden frame, coaxing the opening to widen, and eventually created a space big enough to fit through. Tearing off the screen cover and letting it fall to the ground by my feet, I squeezed myself through the gap and fell in a pile on the stranger’s living room floor. A smile cracked my features.

Picking myself up, I dusted off my shirt and smoothed down my platinum hair. I had to look presentable for our second encounter, ne?

Quietly tip-toeing over the tile floor, I followed the scent of blood to the room that I knew he’d be in. I paused before rounding the corner, collecting my nerves, and then I stepped into the doorway.

His response was instantaneous.

With a sharp yell and the sound of him scrambling a few feet backwards, he chucked the object he had been holding directly at my head. I quickly ducked to the side, narrowly avoiding the projectile, and listened as the glass shattered on the floor behind me.

“Hey,” I grinned, amused by the shocked and confused expression on his face. “Miss me?”



© 2009 Britt Foster


Author's Note

Britt Foster
This isn't the best and it was written fairly quickly, so please excuse its not-so-greatness. Nevertheless, please critique and let me know how I can improve it. ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on September 7, 2009
Last Updated on September 7, 2009


Author

Britt Foster
Britt Foster

CO



About
Hey, I'm Britt! Welcome to my page. I'm just recently getting back into WritersCafe after a long hiatus. You can find more of my work on my website, www.justanothervisitor.com, or follow me .. more..

Writing