an unexpected visitor.

an unexpected visitor.

A Chapter by Britt Foster
"

The blonde vampire's sudden appearance in his victim's doorway is completely unexpected...and completely unwelcome.

"

BLOOD AND KISSES.

3, an unexpected visitor.

 

            This wasn’t happening.

            Blinking several times, I stared at the figure standing in my doorway with an incredulous expression twisting up my features. How…? I couldn’t believe what my eyes were showing me. Was that very monster whom I had just been remembering seconds ago seriously grinning at me from inside my own kitchen? My brain worked in overdrive to sort out an appropriate reaction to this situation.

            This was definitely unexpected.

            “I –” I began, but I couldn’t quite figure out what to say. My mouth opened and closed several times like a goldfish before I could get anything more out. “Did I -? Wha…What the hell are you doing in my house?!” I yelled, my confusion contorting itself into fast growing anger.

            He took a step back and raised his hands as if in surrender.

            “I just wanted to stop by and say hi,” he assured, his tones annoyingly innocent.

            Did he not remember what he had done to me? He had ruined me! And now he expected to waltz into my house, uninvited, and be welcomed with open arms? No. Just no.

            I shook my head, brows furrowing and fingers slowly curling into fists. A wanton violence had welled up inside me, which was an unusual feeling in itself, and I began to stalk quickly toward the blonde boy. So maybe he was a vampire – I didn’t care. So was I. Our strength rested at equal levels and I had not a single doubt in my mind that I could destroy him.

            I would make him pay for what he had done to me.

            “Woah, hold on a second! No need to look so menacing, I only –” His words were cut short as I reached him, not even hesitating a moment before pulling back my fist to ready for a punch.

            Then, unexpectedly, he took off.

            I was left standing there in my doorway, arm still ready at my side, as the blonde boy completely disappeared from in front of me. He darted back into my living room, tripping over a rug and falling clumsily to the ground.

            I guess he figured I was going to march over and kick him or something, because in a flash he had jumped up with cat-like speed and whirled around to face me, standing in a defense posture.

            I shifted my weight and stared at him, my anger dimming for a second as I held back a snort of laughter. Had he seriously just run away from me? What a coward.

            “Get out of my house,” I hissed, not moving an inch from where I stood.

            A sulky look clouded his visage.

            “Get out,” I repeated, taking a step in his direction. He tensed.

            “Look, I’m sorry for the other night, but –“

            “Sorry for the other night!? Is that all?” I felt my temper rising again. “Do you know what you’ve done to me? Do you understand what you’ve done?”

            He was silent for a moment, a sad frown marring his features, and then he said, “I told you I’m sorry. I didn’t – I couldn’t help myself!”

            “You expect me to forgive you?” I asked dryly

. He considered for a moment and then nodded a barely-noticeable amount, almost timid in the way that he did it. I narrowed my eyes.

“I’ll give you ten seconds to get out of here. Ten, nine, eight..”

The blonde hesitated, glancing toward the window and then back at me. I lifted my brows expectantly and continued counting down. “Seven, six, five..”

Still he didn’t move.

“Four…three…two…one.” I paused. He watched me, very alert but still standing in my living room as if he expected me to change my mind. “Alright,” I said slowly, “I warned you.”

Walking toward him again, I was pleased to see that he took me seriously and skittered away over to one of my windows. It was already open fairly wide, and so with a quick movement the boy launched himself onto the sill and slipped through the opening. Good.

I continued following him until I reached the window, upon where I paused and looked out of the glass into my front yard. The blonde was standing there giving me a pouty look, but before I could yell anything more at him he turned and walked away down the street.

            Watching him disappear from my view, I growled softly to myself and stepped back, pulling my window shut and locking it. How had that beast even had the nerve to approach me after what he had done? Had he really expected me to be friendly to him?

            It didn’t make sense to me. None. At. All.

            Proceeding to wander around my small house, I locked every single one of my windows and pulled the curtains closed, feeling rather unsafe at the moment. With that done, I grabbed the broom and dust pan and swept up the shards of glass from the cup I had thrown. If only it had hit him, I thought with a twitch of a smile, that would’ve been priceless.

            Tossing the pieces of glass into the trash can, I left the broom leaning against the kitchen counter and made my way over to the couch. Still in a bit of shock from the evening’s events, I switched on the tv, sat down, and attempted to distract myself. The vampire boy wouldn’t return, I was sure of it. I had made it perfectly clear that he was not welcome here.



© 2009 Britt Foster


Author's Note

Britt Foster
Critique, let me know how I can improve it. Be harsh and honest. Thanks. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on September 7, 2009
Last Updated on September 7, 2009


Author

Britt Foster
Britt Foster

CO



About
Hey, I'm Britt! Welcome to my page. I'm just recently getting back into WritersCafe after a long hiatus. You can find more of my work on my website, www.justanothervisitor.com, or follow me .. more..

Writing