Blossom

Blossom

A Poem by Phil Sanders
"

Thoughts .....

"
The blossom on the trees … a passing moment in time
Heralding Spring and the brightness of Summer yet to come
But fleeting ….
As the blustery wind cast it to the four corners of the earth..
Pink and white .. glistening in the early morning mist ..
Taking its colour to brighten the ground with a mosaic of laughter
Fleeting pleasure .. as our lives can be…
But we must hold that pleasure … entrust it to our heart..
And as the winds of change blow and tear at our soul…
Remember the blossom .. see the beauty .. feel the gentleness
Enjoy …
Have faith in our lives .. and the world ….
 
Phil Sanders
17/3/08

© 2008 Phil Sanders


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"Fleeting pleasure .. as our lives can be�
But we must hold that pleasure � entrust it to our heart..
And as the winds of change blow and tear at our soul�
Remember the blossom .. see the beauty .. feel the gentleness
Enjoy �
Have faith in our lives .. and the world �."
I want to imbibe this so much...........
Great work as usual !

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wonderfully expressed and reminds me it's time to do some gardening again. That final line is one we could all do with being reminded of every day!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

the imagery in this was beautiful. i dont think there is a poem yet that you've written and i havent liked.

Great Write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Are your thoughts really as delicate and peaceful as your poems? Nice write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful... a hearty salute to the winds of change... sometimes tearing at our soul, other times refreshing... very nice.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Taking its colour to brighten the ground with a mosaic of laughter

That is such a coincidence as I was only talking about the winds of change myself today... This piece just echoes all that I am feeling right now, its like you took the words out of my mouth! The winds of change can also be bringing new positive things of course. I like this gentle reminder to have hope, faith and trust. Thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Totally positive and totally in keeping with the time of year. You remind me of a poem I wrote a while back while sitting underneath a cherry tree in blossom in a St.Albans park one morning, watching people walking their dogs and chatting. The odd bit of blossom fell on the poem as I wrote. Ach!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

So your a glass half full kinda guy....I like that. To accept the world for all it's ugliness but to choose to see only beauty--is an enlightened way of thinking. Not all have digested this philosophy but soon I hope there to be a revolution...one where people realize that choice surrounds us...divides or unites us. Having faith in ourselves that's only the first step.....having faith in others is our hurdle.......great write-thanks for sharing.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

So beautifully written. At this time it is easy to relate to the word painting as the flowering trees are suddenly in bloom, struggling against the weather and winds. Beautifully put to symbolise the struggles in blessed moments and challenges in relationships. Well done! Your sensitive heart and soul sings.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful, hopeful and inspiring...Spring is my favorite time of year and you capture it's essence so very well here - great job Phil!

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful Phil, such sweet tender words, shucks what is it about your poems that makes me shed salty tears, still at least time they are joyful tears, you have captured the beauty of the blossom so wonderfully, it makes me glad to be here. Isn't nature amazing, and I love your thoughts in the last part of the poem

But we must hold that pleasure � entrust it to our heart..And as the winds of change blow and tear at our soul�Remember the blossom .. see the beauty .. feel the gentleness Enjoy �Have faith in our lives .. and the world

so beautiful, I shall always remember those lines when I look at the blossom on the trees from now on.



Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 17, 2008

Author

Phil Sanders
Phil Sanders

Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am a part time photographer and poet when I am not earning my normal crust. I live in Kent in the UK in a little village called Upnor which is right on the River Medway. I love photographing sunris.. more..

Writing
Passion Passion

A Poem by Phil Sanders



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Listen Listen

A Poem by Phil Sanders


He is My Son He is My Son

A Story by Rain