Clever Trick

Clever Trick

A Story by bunnehbooh
"

Brittany just got over her ex Jay, after Angela took him, and she all of a sudden is thinking about him again, and seeing him and her still together in her head and she can't control it.

"

 I was just getting over him, then he pops into my head again. But this time it's a bit more confusing. I remember parts of it, but it seems like it's never actually happened. I feel the light caress of the wind, and feel his eyes on my body. I look out into the sunset, and can't figure out where I am, then in my head I know immediately, I'm on a beach in the Caribbean. He'd always said some day he would bring me here, but some day never came, after the pretty little thing came walking his way.


I turn to him, and without actually saying anything I hear my voice floating across the space,”This is wonderful, and you are wonderful.” I walk toward him, but in my head I try to tell my imagination to stop it, I hate him. The me in my head reaches him and kneels down beside him on the sand, and I see the palm trees behind him, the me in my head leans in to kiss him, and when they're; no our, lips meet I feel my entire body tingle, like it used to and I feel his hand gently touch my face.


I lean back and look at him, he tilts his head, and in his deep spanish accent,”What's wrong mi amor?”


Maybe now I can control my own imagination,”Oh nothing, sweetie, just I feel like someone else is watching us.” Wait what, someone else watching them, I mean us?


He touched my face, again more tingling, as the other me, made a soft sigh,”I guarantee, there is no one watching us, todo está en tu cabeza.”as he taps my forehead.


I smile,”Of course, I know that, I'm just being silly.” I lay down in the sand beside him and watch the sunset again.


I feel myself drifting off to sleep, and as I do that, I float away from my body. As I float away I take in everything about it. I'm not skinny, but I'm not fat, I have a relatively flat chest, thin cheeks yes, and thin lips, narrow light brown eyes, a too big nose and short straight brown hair; I can do nothing with. I'm nothing special, which is why I understood why as soon as the blond with big b***s and a perfect body came by, he left me.


I left the picture just in time to hear someone pounding on my door. I got up and sprinted over to the door, as I ran past the clock I saw the time. Crap, was I imagining that for the last hour?


I made it to the door and opened it up, all ready to expect something stupid, as my best friend since high school barged into my apartment,”Oh my God, that took you forever, I was out there for like 2 minutes, before you answered the door.”She spun around and looked at me,”What were you doing?”


I hesitated, not sure what I was doing, or if I should tell the biggest gossip in Longford, I wouldn't want everyone to know that after 5 months of getting over my ex, I started thinking about him again. I needed to think quicker, if I don't answer soon she won't believe me either way, I blurted out the first thing that came to mind,”I was sleeping,”stupid it's 2 in the afternoon.


She narrowed her gorgeous green eyes at me, and bit on perfectly painted red lip,”I'll believe it, but why were you sleeping, at 2 in the afternoon?'


D****t,”Simple, I knew I was going to be up late tonight, since we are going out to party, so I figured I'd catch a few Z's before I got tired at 11.” hopefully she'll buy that.


She clapped her hands together,”Oh my, that's a great idea, umm, I'll let you get back to your napping, after you do me one thing.”She paused and looked me up and down,”What are you going to be wearing, I mean I know it is your 21st birthday, but still, I want to know, because I always have to be one step above you.”


I rolled my eyes at her, I did have to give her that, she may have beautiful eyes, but the rest of her wasn't so pretty, and every guy took the time to insult her, while they ignored or complemented me I did feel sorry for the girl,”Sure, just come to my room then.”


I walked back to my room, with her following behind me,”So did you hear, Angela, cheated on Jay, and they are totally not a thing anymore.” I turned and gave her a questioning look,”I think she was with some guy named Nickolas, apparently not from around here, so I have no clue, but I did hear he looked absolutely dazzling.”


I held up a hand,”Oh my God, that's soo hilarious. Did you hear Jamie just moved in with Crystal?”


She gasped,”No really, he did?”


I nod at her, just as we get into my room, I have an adorable, tight little black dress laying on my dresser,”That Mary, is what I'm wearing.”


She oooed and awed and said she had to get a picture of me wearing it, so I went and put it on, just to keep her happy. I came out and she awed some more, telling me how pretty I was in it, and snapped about 50 pictures, saying she needed to make sure she got something better. As soon as that was over, she kissed me on the cheek, and said she'd be back at 8, to pick me up and go bar hopping, then she left. Finally.


I got out of that dress as quick as I could, I didn't want to wreck it before the biggest night of my life, the one where I got my life back on track, got a guy brought him home, and fell hopelessly in love with him, hopefully. I decided I didn't want to put my other clothes back on, and I might actually take a nap, after I go eat my unfinished ramen, which was probably way beyond cold by now. I got out there, and it was still completely full, I made that at 1:30, I answered the door a little bit after 2, and its almost 3 now, I ate none of it?


Oh well, I put it in the microwave, while I thought out loud to myself,”Why now am I thinking about him, and why can't I control my own imagination.”The timer beeped at me, kicking me out of my own head, I took my ramen went and sat down and ate it, still thinking about the imagination.


My phone buzzed at me, it was Angela, I opened the text message, Happy birthday Brittany, I'm sorry bout taking Jay from you, I mean I didn't even really want him, so there's your birthday gift, I broke up with him, if you want to get back together with him.


Awe cute, she ended it with a winky face, and does she think I'm an idiot, my best friend is the biggest gossiper in town, I'm sure everyone knows already, but I'll play along anyways.


I replied after a little while, Oh, well thanks, but I'm not interested, it was a sweet gesture, but I'm over him, I'm moving onto the next big thing, if you know what I mean, winky face. Send.


© 2013 bunnehbooh


Author's Note

bunnehbooh
This was written at midnight with a headache, ignore grammar/spelling mistakes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This story is so sad to me. It runs deep because of the fact I've been in relationships and they've ended with the guy leaving me, but its even worse that the Angela girl texted such a rude text at the end. I would not have reacted so politely, you did better than I would have.

I will say it would have been nice to get an even more descriptive visual on the high school friend who came for a visit. When you described her biting on her perfectly painted red lip, it sent off a interesting sexual vibe and it was an interesting portrayal of her character. You have a sexy romantic type of writing.......

Also "I got out there, and it was still completely full, I made that at 1:30, I answered the door a little bit after 2, and its almost 3 now, I ate none of it?" This quote was a little confusing and it may just be me because I have comprehension problems. I wasn't quite clear on what it was talking about.

NICE STORY!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This story is so sad to me. It runs deep because of the fact I've been in relationships and they've ended with the guy leaving me, but its even worse that the Angela girl texted such a rude text at the end. I would not have reacted so politely, you did better than I would have.

I will say it would have been nice to get an even more descriptive visual on the high school friend who came for a visit. When you described her biting on her perfectly painted red lip, it sent off a interesting sexual vibe and it was an interesting portrayal of her character. You have a sexy romantic type of writing.......

Also "I got out there, and it was still completely full, I made that at 1:30, I answered the door a little bit after 2, and its almost 3 now, I ate none of it?" This quote was a little confusing and it may just be me because I have comprehension problems. I wasn't quite clear on what it was talking about.

NICE STORY!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
1 Review
Added on December 11, 2013
Last Updated on December 11, 2013

Author

bunnehbooh
bunnehbooh

Austin, MN



About
My name is Anna, I go by Bunny. I am 19, and have a son born on June 18th 2014, and currently writing a few short stories, very slowly. On the side, I draw, read, watch anime, and sleep, wait what's t.. more..

Writing
Illaria Illaria

A Story by bunnehbooh


One One

A Chapter by bunnehbooh