Entry 3

Entry 3

A Chapter by Morning Star Stories

1900 hours       May 9th 2007   

          Well, we were scheduled to go over the top at 1615 hours today, in hopes of driving the enemy back and preventing another counterattack, but a massive sandstorm has struck. On top of that the Arabs have been shelling us all day with their 75mms. The Arab artillery is never heavy, however they only use pack howitzers and the Para version the 75mm artillery cannon. Both cannons are nothing compared to the Mod 16, a giant stationary gun dragged through the desert on a trolley by 2 horses. As you can tell I’ve been promoted for my actions during the Arab assault. Captain Voght, possibly the only non-draftee of the entire battalion, said I did damn good work and fought damn hard compared to anybody else out there. 90% of the people in our battalion are draftees that do not want to be here, they believe it’s a lost cause and they hate it. They’re all worthless scumbags anyway. The only person I’ve befriended so far is a giant among patriots, one Hal McCaven, he doesn’t mind being here on the draft. He is a sergeant. He survived the assault and him and I are on the same night watches. After the assault the corpses and gunnery weren’t removed. Today while patrolling through the trench I found a pair of silver iron gauntlets; I’ll wear them for good luck. I sleep in a tiny bunker burrowed within our trenches. My battalion is made of 600 men; we all sleep in those mud holes. I can’t sleep tonight because I’m kept awake by the artillery barrage. I stay busy by cleaning my Kar 98, trying to clean my uniform, sewing on my stripes, and by writing this. Today has been the 2nd day our going over has been delayed. The artillery fire isn’t even effective they had 1 hit the whole day, the shell struck in the center of 4 of our guys playing cards, they all died. But the rest of the times they weren’t even close. Its hell here, but I’m a patriot, I think dying for your country is the right way to die. Most people are sniveling cowards who would abandon the US at the slightest sign of trouble. I hope we go over the top soon I can’t take it here.



© 2012 Morning Star Stories


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 31, 2012
Last Updated on January 31, 2012


Author

Morning Star Stories
Morning Star Stories

Los Angels , FL



About
Hello, I like to make my own movies and sometimes tend to act in them. I was inspired by the great Stephen King to write books. I used to write the all to famous horror books. But now I'm into the wa.. more..

Writing