The jury

The jury

A Story by Carissa Marie

Silently she walks in. Being careful not be noticed. She creeps to her seat unsuccessful. 
She could feel the piercing stares from everyone around the room. She sighs. 
For they were all too judging.

Here we go again. She thought. 

She stays as silent as possible. Not daring to make a move. She just sat there all alone. 
Away from everyone else. They whisper words that hurt. 

'Such a s**t'
'I heard she slept with that guy who has a girlfriend'
'Well, she sleeps with everyone'
'What a w***e'

She closes her eyes. She tries to drown out the hurtful words she hears. 
Again, it was a pointless move. She sense someone approaching. She hears the footsteps coming closer.
She opens her eyes. They're all surrounding her. 

Hey. Is it true? They ask.
Wanna do it with me? Said another. 

She hears their laughter as she tries her best not to cry. She couldn't even look at their faces.
It was too much. She just sat there as they unleashed their monstrosity. 

They're all wrong. She thought. 
They don't even know what happened. 

But she couldn't say it out loud. She was already judged. Judged before they even knew the truth. 
So she just sat. Silently hurting. Slowly dying without anybody noticing. For they were all too judging. 
They ripped her apart. 

She touches the part were she was scarred. They would never know how she got it.
They'd never know how she got beaten. They'd never know how she was raped against her will.
They'd never know her story.

For they were all too judging.  For they were all her judge. 

© 2013 Carissa Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on July 21, 2013
Last Updated on July 21, 2013

Author

Carissa Marie
Carissa Marie

About
21. Female. AB Journalism. Philippines. :) Introvert. Weird. Over-thinker. Music lover. Bookworm. Frustrated Artist. Writing is my therapy. "Let my words be your own form of immortality" .. more..

Writing