The white room

The white room

A Story by Carissa Marie

"Joiiin me in the whiiite room. The room where silence loooom. You caaaan scream and shout! until you swooooon. But noooo one gets out of the whiiite room."
---


I met a man wearing a top hat and a funny coat not long ago, with his hands reaching out he asked me so - 

"Dooo you want to gooo to the whiiite room?"

Now this man was a stranger, and I knew him not. But through his sing-song voice, my curiosity he got. 

"The white room sir? And where is that?" 

I asked him because there was no such place that I have heard before. 

"Beyond thisss land, and through your dreeeeams, there is a place where the whiiite room gleamsss", he sang. 

"Beyond this land?" I wondered. "But what is there beyond this land?" I asked. 

The top hat man then gave me a smile, and started wobbling around dancing a funny dance. 
I could not help but wonder if he was in a trance but still I giggled as he spun around in circles-
what a weird sight for a man in his thirties dancing a wobbly dance. 

"Dooo you want to gooo to the whiiite room?", he asked as he wobbled. 

"I don't know where the white room is", I answered in a mumble. 

He suddenly stopped his wobbly dancing as if he was ordered. Then he sat down on the ground, and started to talk in whispers. 

"Joiiiin me in the whiiiite room. The room where silence loooom. You can screeeeam and shout! until you swoooon. But nooo one gets out of the whiiite room,"

I couldn't hear him then so I came in closer, and as silent as he was, I asked in a whisper, 

"Where is the white room you speak of, sir?" 

But the strangest thing happened as I approached this man...

His eyeballs popped out from where his eyes should have been! Then he stared at me... stared at me though he had no eyes to see but oddly enough his sockets were clean. 

The strange man then started to laugh. It was a funny laugh. A booming yet funny laugh.

I slowly started to move back, now scared of the top hat man with no eyes. But he startled me to a stop as he quickly stood up.

He picked up his eyes which had no blood in them, then reached out and offered them to me, as if it was a gem. 

He sang to me, as he offered his eyes-

"Joiiiin me in the whiiiite room. The room where silence loooom. You can screeeeam and shout! until you swoooon. But nooo one gets out of the whiiite room"

I took a final step back, before breaking out in to a run. I ran as fast as I can, and braced for an attack. 

But the man had stayed put, not even moving an inch. Until I dared to look, though I had needed a pinch.

The top hat man had put his eyes back, just in time for me to see. Now I regret ever looking back, because I swear he smiled at me. 
 

© 2016 Carissa Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on January 22, 2016
Last Updated on January 22, 2016

Author

Carissa Marie
Carissa Marie

About
21. Female. AB Journalism. Philippines. :) Introvert. Weird. Over-thinker. Music lover. Bookworm. Frustrated Artist. Writing is my therapy. "Let my words be your own form of immortality" .. more..

Writing