QFA

QFA

A Chapter by nevershoutnever.
"

Casey just wants to be left alone, to live the rest of her school years peacefully. Why can't Trevor seem to process that when he clings to her like duck tape?

"

*Casey*


I saw a girl with a layered haircut walk up to me in a dark alley. It seems to be around midnight, the stars are out and everyone else is in. Her hair curves in around her jawbone and her blonde bangs cover her eyes so they are not visible to you. She bites into something and I cringe at the thought of what it might be as she takes another bite out of it.

She just stands there. I can’t tell quite what she is staring at because of her hair, but I am silently praying it isn’t me. I just stare at her, while she munches on that substance. She tosses the finished item over her shoulder; I watch every move as it takes little bounces. I soon realize it was only an apple core. She takes a single step and the moonlight blesses her with a hint of shine. Her white blouse was tucked into her pink and brown plaid skirt. The shirt had a section that was all ruffles, while the rest of the blouse was plain white. She had the sleeves pinned back, as if they were cuffs.

In one swift movement, she is right in front of me. Silently, she brushes her hair out of her eyes with her pale left hand. The girl who is less than one foot away stares deep into my eyes. That doesn’t stop you. You stare back into hers. They were a bright diamond blue; they were beautiful, in other words.

She leaned towards me, and I felt paralyzed. If I moved, which I can’t, everything was over. All of it. The girl kept coming closer and closer, I could feel long, hot, sticky drops of sweat run down my face. I was so relieved when . . . I woke up.


                                           *****


I woke up the next morning with the same dream stuck in my head, just swarming around. It’s more like a vision, actually. It is this beautiful girl and me standing around in the alley near my house at the stroke of midnight. I think there is a slight possibility that I might have been reading too many fantasy stories lately…

     So I got up and looked in the mirror. Same old me; I don’t know what I was expecting, if I could just magically change my appearance. Ha, I’ll keep hoping. I stared at my own reflection. My midnight blue-black hair was swept in my eyes, so they were barely visible. I have a piercing green eye color that clashes with the neon blue streaks in my hair. It’s cut to an a-line do, which means shorter in the back and curves around in the front with a little bit of poof to it.

     I blew a little puff of air upwards, trying to get my mangy hair out from my eyes. No such luck. Wishing I were still asleep in my bed, I hung my head down and walked into my closet. Yes, I have a walk-in closet; don’t act surprised, I have more than you know…for now. I looked around, still half-asleep and chose some random clothes that I hope would match. I slipped on a black tank top and some light grey skinny jeans with my usual black converse.

     Anyway, I was depressed. Today was one of the worst things imaginable; dreadful, actually, worse than the sticky, sweet smelling medicine. Today was a Monday. Trust me, that isn’t even the most terrifying yet! I am a freshman at Thousand Oaks High School. Don’t get me wrong, high school rocks. Three words that really describe it are: too much work. I mean, I understand being in honors there is effort involved, but I get at least… a million hours of homework. A night.

     Okay, so another thing that makes my day just that much worse is the fact that I ride the bus. And that my older sister, Emilie picks me up after school. She goes to college at Cal Lutheran. The only thing that is awesome is that Em drives a Ferrari. That’s good because I can zoom home without anyone noticing me. Yes, that means the obvious.

     I am friendless. Well, lets go into the further. I have acquaintances and “colleagues,” I guess. Im just not really the type to invite my “gal pals” for sleepovers and shopping and all that other crap. Alone is my preference. I actually enjoy the time of night when silence fills the air and suffocates everything around it. Which results in being friendless. I don’t really give a damn since I prefer solitude, anyways.

     I walked down my street with my backpack slung over my shoulders towards the bus stop. Brittany, some popular chick, Julia, her sporty friend, and Rilee, their smartass friend, were down there too. They saw my coming, so they huddled in a little group, probably whispering about me. Again. I did my signature move. I rolled my eyes.

     Brittany James, the guy-obsessed s**t, had long, chic pudding brown hair with sparkling green eyes. Her style is shallow with a bit of b***h to it. She has a nice side too, when she wants to be I mean. Want a piece of advice? Don’t get Brittany pissed. I don’t really want to come pick up your pieces, especially after I warned you.

     Julia Zink is your average sport freak. Her life is basically soccer, no lie. She lives for soccer; it’s actually kind of scary when you think about it . . . Her sunny blonde hair is always put back in a ponytail with her bangs tucked tight behind her ears. Julia likes to play around, but gets offended easily. The only reason you don’t want to get involved with Julia is because her and Brittany have been best friends since birth. I’m not kidding! Have I ever lied to you? Wait . . . Don’t answer that.

     Rilee Lockhart is just another mini-“Britt” wannabe. She follows her around like a little puppy, except 24/7. She had short dirty blonde hair, but then she decided to get pudding brown “dark”-lights in her hair. Rilee even wears green-eyed contacts!

     Soon after their little “love fest,” the bus came and I hopped on. Towards the back of the bus, it was empty. So I sat back there Even though it is the bumpiest part of the bus, I am happy. As long as there isn’t any dick-heads near me, anyway.

     At school, I got my things out of my way-to-big locker and headed to Social Studies. Jumping into my seat, I stuck up my feet on the empty seat in front of me. The bell rang, soon after that.

The teacher had just begun class as some random dude just stood in the doorway, trying to look cool. I gave him one big glance then smirked. I knew his type. Just another regular kid who is trying to be a badass, I see these losers all the time. The teacher was kind of awestruck, but then said, “Oh, yes! Trevor, come on in. You can take a seat right in front of Ms. Taylor.” I smirked, feeling bad for whoever had to sit near him. He passed me, with all his books in one hand. He stopped two desks in front of me, then took one step back and pointed down with his eyebrows raised. The teacher nodded. My eyes got wide as he sat down and turned around to look at me. This time, he smirked while I groaned.

The teacher started up class again and he just looked at me with that stupid grin on his face. I sighed and without looking at him, I removed my feet from that…his chair… For the record, my feet are so much better than his a*s! They deserve that seat much more than this creep.

School dragged on and on. Luckily, that kid . . .Trevor . . . was only in two of my classes: Physical education and Social Studies. Which is better than something else, since in P.E. I am the fastest in the whole school, so I zoom by everyone. And I don’t see him.

When I run, anything is possible. I slow down time; everyone does whatever in a slow motion. The wind is my supporter; it pushes me too go harder and faster. On the bright side, the bugs seem to avoid me now. Yes, now. I wasn’t always myself. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choices. I mean, everyone has something they regret in life. Mine is . . . more personal, though.

P.E. is right before lunch, so I dressed out and went to get my lunch. I grabbed a tray and scooted it along between two people. Elaine, some chick who is in my elective and Hannah, her inseparable friend. I chose an apple with a slice of pepperoni pizza and a coke. Glancing around for an empty table, I groaned. There was only one frickin’ table open and the one person who has already ruined my day was sitting at one end of it.

I walked over, but sat as far away from Trevor as much as humanly possible. I’m not letting this creep ruin my lunch too; the one time of day in school that might actually appeal to me. He ended up being diagonal from me, so I moved to the side he sat on. No, I don’t like him. So I wouldn’t have to look at him, stupid.

He took one glance at me and inched closer as I played around with my food, eating it though, too. Shockingly, I turned my head just a centimeter of an inch and jumped as I saw Trevor sitting no more than a foot away from me. I skidded backwards and fell off the table, onto the floor taking my tray with me. My coke spilled in a puddle near my feet, so I hopped up as fast as I could. My shirt was stained with pizza grease and my hands got all sticky from accidentally putting them in the soda while I was getting up.

I raced to the hallway and didn’t look behind me. Surprisingly, Trevor followed me, napkins in hand. I ran into the girl’s restroom and failed at trying to clean myself up. I wondered how I lived seven years without my mom or dad, well anyone for that matter.

I came out of the bathroom and noticed Trevor sitting up against the wall, waiting for me, I presume. He had napkins and a water bottle at his side. I crouched down and sat next to him. We just looked at each other for a little bit, but I decided to break the silence while getting a napkin wet. “You know, maybe you aren’t so bad, creeper.”

He gave a little chuckle. “Same goes to you, Taylor.”

I nodded and pulled out a pen from my pocket and stole a napkin from underneath his left hand. I wrote [email protected] on it, crumpled it up then threw it at him.

Trevor shivered a little as it hit him, but shrugged it off and opened it up. We just sat there together, silent. To me, there wasn’t a sound near me. Even though lunch was still going on in the main area.

Sitting there, just the two of us, gave me time to think. To think about . . . well, everything. Like why Trevor wasn’t being a dick to me like everyone else. Or what this feeling was when I’m with him. It’s not love; I’ll tell you that, I know that feeling. Let’s say that I read anime comics too often. But, I haven’t felt this before, not in a really long time, anyway. It was acceptance.

 

*****

 

Back at home, after I finished my homework, I logged on to my computer. Turning on my music, I checked my email. I had three new emails, one from my math teacher, reminding us about our test on Tuesday, another from Eli, my cousin who resembles me most, saying he is going come visit sometime and . . . and [email protected] I assumed that was the creep in my classes. I was right.

He apologized for what went on at lunch and said that he wanted to take me for a surprise over the weekend. Thankfully, he made it very clear that it was not a date, and I was pleased. Extremely pleased.

Just my luck, he got on gmail as I was replying. Trevor tried to chat with me, and all I said was hey back to his hiya Casey. I did a small groan; even I knew there was a hidden smile within that. Then he said so we on for Saturday?

I responded, no

?  was Trevor’s answer.

Sunday. U said urself, not a date. So not Saturday. I typed in our little chat box.

I could practically hear him give the same chuckle he did earlier. Ok Sunday it is then

I nodded, even if he couldn’t see me. But first . . . there are some things u shud kno. Have any QFA?

Again, he responded with the question mark sign. Questions Frequently Asked. Yes, I am single. No, im not interested in you. And here is a piece of advice: don’t even think about messing with me.

Trevor typed in ok. Then I logged off of my computer and went to bed in a purple spaghetti strap tank top with some blue polka dot boxers. 



© 2011 nevershoutnever.


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

nevershoutnever.
Comments?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on July 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 4, 2011


Author

nevershoutnever.
nevershoutnever.

Royal Oak, MI



About
I started to write a big paragraph about my life, but who would read it? Emma: thirteen; unable to make decisions; curious; fidgety; OCD - maybe; loving; too caring; kind-heart; humorous; bubbly; t.. more..

Writing