Noobs

Noobs

A Chapter by nevershoutnever.
"

Trevor only wants to fit in. Everyone knows it's hard being the new kid. When he finally meets Casey, the girl he feels himself around, she doesn't want anything to do with him. Why not?

"

*Trevor*

“Trevor! It’s time to go!” My mom yelled, “You don’t want to be late on your first day at T.O. High, now do you?”

I thought about that for a minute, but decided against it. “I’m coming, I’m coming!” I yelled down to her. I grabbed my bag and hustled down the stairs, taking three at a time.

Grabbing a banana, I raced out the door to my mom’s car. While she was telling me to hurry up, she was still inside the house, checking to make sure everything was locked and in place in our new home. We moved in last week, but with all our junk, I enrolled at Thousand Oaks High School three months into the second trimester. Thanks to my mom’s stupid job.

She came out of the house and got in about ten or fifteen minutes later, I lost track around seven . . . I got to school and we walked in. It was fall here, in sunny California, but it was still cold . . . oh, so very c-cold.

The principal, Mrs. Sinclair, gave me a tour around the school, gave me my schedule and a map, and then shooed me off to class. To talk to my mom, most likely. I had English first, so I headed to that area of campus.

I leaned against the wall in the doorway as the teacher paused her lesson. She looked surprised to see me, but then she said, “Oh, yes! Trevor, come on in. You can have a seat right in front of Ms. Taylor.”

I saw the only desk open, so I walked over there. Stupidly, I took one step too far and moved back one. The teacher nodded and the Taylor girl moved her feet and rolled her eyes. I smirked and she groaned. This was going to be fun.

My other classes flew by pretty fast. I had science next, and all we did in there was color. And draw, a cell. Social Studies we watched some video on China and took notes. Then P.E. came, and that’s when it became interesting.

Ms. Borchard, the teacher, gave us our warm-up assignment. We had to run the perimeter of the school twice. God, they worked freshmans hard! Sylvia was at the front of the group, far ahead actually. She looked unstoppable.

I ran harder and harder until I was in third place. I tried to catch up, but damn. She could run! Running came easy to me, but I’m more of a real sports kind of guy. Football.

 

*****

 

Still out of breath, I bolted over to my locker from the locker rooms and grabbed my lunch. There was only one table open, so I sat at the very end of that one. Who knows? That could have been the “popular table,” or something.

I was just eating, all alone. Until, Casey Taylor came up and sat a few feet away from me on my side at the same table. I knew I had struck a small chord with her.

Inching closer and closer, she seemed oblivious to my moving toward her. Or, that’s just the way she wanted it. When I got right next to her with my lunch, she turned her head just a little bit and fell off of the table. Her food went with her. She stood up and scurried to the hallway and entered the ladies’ restroom. I sat next to the door with napkins, waiting for her to come back out of the bathroom. I think it would’ve been crazy to barge in there myself . . .

She came out, sighing. She just looked at me, and then sat down next to me. We just sat there, against the wall, in silence. Casey broke the barrier of silence though, “You know, maybe you aren’t so bad, creeper.”

I laughed. “Same goes to you, Taylor.”

Casey took out a blue pen from her pocket and snuck out a napkin from underneath my hand. I barely felt it; she kept a strong eye contact while pulling it out. She scribbled something down then lightly chucked it at me. I jumped, but opened it up either way.

After that, the rest of the day was a big blur. Classes flew by and all I could think about was Casey Taylor. I know what you’re thinking. I don’t like her that way. We are finally becoming friends after one day. I guess that’s a step, though . . .

 

*****

 

When I left school, I immediately took out my phone and sent Casey an email. I typed, I am sorry for what happened during lunch. I didn’t want her to think I like her, since I don’t . . . So I added sarcasm to lead her on a different path. What a day to start at a new school, huh? Yes, that was good . . . Maybe we can hang out this weekend. I have a surprise for you, to make up for what happened. I hit send.

I was about halfway on my walk home when I realized what I did. Holy crap, I thought. I knew something overtook me. I needed to snap out of it! I did not like Casey Taylor.

 

*****

 

At home, I went on my email account only about seven billion times. I had to see what Casey said; it was either life or death! Okay, maybe it wasn’t that series, but it was pretty close. I couldn’t jeopardize this awesome soon-to-be friendship that I just gained from the girl who hated me earlier. I paced myself rather patiently. I checked it around five p.m. and it was worse than I expected! Casey was actually on gmail.

Stupidly, I started a chat with her . . . hiya Casey I sent.

I saw it said that Casey was typing. She responded, hey.

So we on for Saturday? I asked nervously . . .

I sighed with relief and regret when I noticed her answer had popped up. no.

All I sent her was a question mark. Sunday. U said urself, not a date. So not Saturday.

Okay. Sunday it is then.

I gulped when Casey messaged me back. But first . . . there are some things you shud kno. Have any QFA?

Shaking my head, I sent her another question mark, and she continued. Questions Frequently Asked. Yes, I am single. No, im not interested in you. And here is a piece of advice: don’t even think about messing with me.

My mind could not think straight. This was coming in too fast. When she said, “No, im not interested” did that mean she was? Or did she actually mean not to mess with her? The world of girls was way to confusing. I was partly relieved, but partly even more confused when she logged off. 



© 2011 nevershoutnever.


Author's Note

nevershoutnever.
Chapter 2- Trevor's point of view.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on July 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 4, 2011


Author

nevershoutnever.
nevershoutnever.

Royal Oak, MI



About
I started to write a big paragraph about my life, but who would read it? Emma: thirteen; unable to make decisions; curious; fidgety; OCD - maybe; loving; too caring; kind-heart; humorous; bubbly; t.. more..

Writing