Chapter 2: Capturing Memories

Chapter 2: Capturing Memories

A Chapter by she who must not be named
"

The last chapter of R�verna's 2 chapter past. You'll find out more later on in the story, so as always, it's horrible, but I don't really care, just as long as somebody I really 'dislike' doesn't read it.

"

I struggled to get out of the dream, but the memories kept pouring, as if it was happening right then.

 "Run! We’ll hold them off for only a little while! Run!" yelled Firénada’s mother.

"Not a chance!I’m staying with you," Firénada said defiantly. Thinking about what happened the last time I left to let someone else fight, I agreed, and we waited for Airé’s forces to come closer. What we didn’t know,though, there was a force behind us. While we stood there, their magicians started immoblizing our elves, and capturing them. I noticed, and started to duel with another magician. Beside me, Firénada was doing the same with another magician. "Keep it up, Réverna!"she yelled to me. While she was momentarily distracted, she was hit by a spell, and fell, unconsious, to the ground.

"No!" I cried, and I ran toward her, and was hit by a spell, and all was black.

 I was close to waking up, and for a moment, I thought I was. Then, like a dam opening, the memories started rushing back.

 

I heard two voices, but I couldn’t quited comprehend them. My head hurt, and I let out a soft groan. The voices paused for a moment, and when I appeared unresponsive, (meaning I didn’t move or open my eyes), they continued. As my senses sharpened, I noticed I was tied to a pole. The voices also started to make sense.

"…know magic. These magicians said they were tough to beat, they only beat them, because they were distracted,"

"They are amateur!"

"No, they beat you didn’t they?" When he didn’t respond, the other person continued, "Trougnhé could barely get through her magic!"

"Then what do we do? Should we use them to do our bidding, or…"

"Or what?"

"Kill them."

I gasped, and they knew I was awak. Swiftly, one of them covered my mouth, so I couldn’t use magic. The other pulled out a sharp dagger, which I knew was enchanted because I inherited that gift of my father, and put it against my throat.

"Use magic, you and your friend will die, understand?" whispered the one holding the dagger. When I didn’t respond, he pushed the dagger into my soft skin, and because of it’s enchantment, it burned so bad, I would’ve screamed, but, I couldn’t. "Understand?!" I nodded as drops of blood rolled down my neck, and the one holding my mouth lifted,and the dagger was still near my throat. I started cursing them with curses that no one had ever taught me, but I learned from listening to my cousin, who was 16, when a disease hit him. The same age as me. The dagger cut into my throat again, and I screamed loudly, it burned so much. He left it there for a minute, and when I felt like I was going to die, he removed it.

"Make any sound, it’ll be longer next time," I nodded, shaking from the pain. They crossed the room, and I toke the time to look at my surroundings. Not that there really was any ‘surroundings’. I was in a room… I’m sorry, did I say room? I meant jail cell. No, there were no bars anywhere (they wouldn’t have prevented us from escaping anyways), but it was nearly entirely void of any furniture or… much at all, really. The pole I was tied to was smack in the middle of the room, so everything was around it. In front of me, there was a small table or desk, depending on how you see it. Around it there where a grand total of two chairs. The room wasn’t very big, so, if I wanted to I could’ve listened into the two guys (who shall now be known as Tall One and Fat One). Except I didn’t. While I noticed all this, a hand squeezed mine, and I knew it was Firénada. I guessed she had heard the whole exchange, but remained silent, so they wouldn’t know. A whole lot smarter then me.

I got bored, so I started listening to Tall One and Fat One’s conversation. I immediately regretted it.

"… to what Lintenor, said, the black haired one lost her parents in the fire,"

"What about the silver one?"

"Oh, they started dueling with another pair of magicians, and they were too weak to stand up to them. They got captured, and tried to escape. They almost did, but they got recaptured…"

"And the punishment for escaping is long and painful death,"

"Excatly, so the only thing we can threaten them with, is each other, and their lives,"

"That isn’t very helpful, as Drucank wants ALL the magicians alive, and in front of him, when?"

"Tomorrow, at dawn, six hours from now,"

At that point, Firénada couldn’t hold her tears back, and well, let’s put it this way, a waterfall would have a hard time competeing against her tears. The whole process of threats and so on repeated, and Firénada learned from my mistakes, and kept quiet.

"Let’s get Pervonté to place spells on them to prevent them from using magic,"suggested Fat One.

"Right, and who’s going to do that? We are NOT going to leave them alone, for anymore than a half a second!" Tall One spat back.

"Fine, I’ll go, you stay!"

"FINE!"

Curse my father, for not teaching me mental magic! I immediately toke that back.

I snapped awake, and started sobbing uncontroably.



© 2009 she who must not be named


Author's Note

she who must not be named
Ignore spelling errors, because it's 10:20pm, and if you don't like, I don't really care!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

NOW it is fixed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Something's wrong with formatting and stuff... so I'm trying to fix it....

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yeah I'm late but oh well. The chapter was kinda short.. and I don't feel like ignoring the spelling errors. I found quite a few. You should check your spelling though. It's not like you have to publish this stuff right away. Oh and you misused the commas again! Aha always with the commas. I can never tell why you adore using them everywhere. Well, otherwise I liked this chapter so write more please!

Oh and don't forget to check your spelling and use of commas!

PS: I like the names you used. They're really creative ^^ From the way you explained them to me, anyway.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 6, 2009
Last Updated on July 4, 2009


Author

she who must not be named
she who must not be named

Canada



About
Name: Keep guessing!!! Age: As IF!!! I'll tell you, I'm not old enough to retire!! Why I'm here: Originally, I was here to read my friend's story, but I've decided to try writing for a change. I kin.. more..

Writing