In the Eye of THE MAGUS

In the Eye of THE MAGUS

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Random stream of consciousness based on The Magus…

"

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Whisper Eleutheria… Freedom…

As we come from the night

How Lily is the life of desire

In the summerlanders mythic kiss

Island of Greek Phraxos made whole

Channeled by Cerne Abbas stamps

Where men see the depth of objects

And Prospero sings, “I am no psychic.”

Story of Three Hearts drunk in flasks…

 

Here I stand in existential contemplation…

 

Story of Seidevarre shedding masks

And Prospero sighs, “A passion of the wick.”

Where women see object links complex

Channeled in Goya’s La Maja lamps

Island of the fragmented human soul

In Stanislavski’s Lysistrata mist

How Lily is the end of all fire

As we go into the night

Whisper Eleutheria… Freedom…

© 2012 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
My poem is based on reflections of “The Magus,” by John Fowles, a book which came highly recommended by a dear friend. Above, the very first and last line correspond, and move toward the middle.

“The human race is unimportant. It is the self that must not be betrayed. Hitler didn’t betray himself. He did not. But millions of Germans did betray theirselves. That was the tragedy. Not that one man had the courage to be evil, but that millions had not the courage to be good.” ~ John Fowles, “The Magus”

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

it is a question of authenticity isn't it... having the courage to find and follow and remain true to what is in our own Self- a process that maybe has to be done over and over again, "each time with no less pain." Tough, yes, brutal, yes- but what is the option? The Greeks knew what they were talking about, with the Island of Fragmented Souls. The ancients believed that when we are betrayed at the soul level, or betray others at the soul level, a piece of the soul fragments, and leaves. Something vital and pure leaves us, and trauma results. We are witness to a time where great decisions are being made- to move forward in continuation of healing and move towards wholeness, or to move forward in continuation of trauma and fragmentation. It is happening in battlegrounds of politics, homes, career choices, etc. It is happening in our own hearts. Your standing in existential contemplation is a very direct and astute and profoundly relevant statement to make. In order to be free, we must understand what freedom means to ourselves, first.

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
inspirations comes from different things and you did it quite excellent on that part... your insight's in the authors notes adds up to the poem's meaning... AND your poem always has this magical effects..which i really like..
a wonderous thoughts mr Craig..
Great!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your poems make the readers think.I need to read the poem again to understand it better

Posted 11 Years Ago


It was hard for me to seperate your fantasy from fact filled inspiration. But your message couldn't be more clear, we ARE the "magmum opus" some of us just choose to abuse and/or ignore our gifts and talents. xx

Posted 11 Years Ago


Connections...got to love them. You show your depth of artistic knowledge here. I think you and I have the same mind in that regard: we connect the things that appear disparate on the surface but the connection reside far deeper than the skin can handle. You found in these classic works. Nice job, Craig.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beauty is weaved into this unique, cool piece. Excellent job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Thank you for your enlightenment Craig, this is fascinating...you have a wonderful gift of weaving your beautiful words into such amazing work of art. Not only is there depth with the context, it is also an insightful piece that you have eloquently written to grab the minds and hearts of many. I for one, am a huge fan of your work. Exellent write! (I will have to delve into "The Magus") Thank you for sharing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love the poem but your explanation gives such insight , true like sheep being led . How could one man do this , not on his own but the collusion of others that's the key . I remember a book called we are all nazi's can't remember the exact title makes the same inference. Lovely as usual

Posted 11 Years Ago


I could drown into this beauty, and the touch so enchanting.
"The Magus" is on my readinglist now.
The opposite view, of John Fowles it is interesting... so I will read it.
Thank you for your words, and observations on this.

E.L.



Posted 11 Years Ago


Channeled in Goya’s La Maja lamps
Island of the fragmented human soul
In Stanislavski’s Lysistrata mist
How Lily is the end of all fire

WOW such depth, i enjoyed this write so much. Very detailed piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1224 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on September 6, 2012
Last Updated on September 6, 2012

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..