The Boundless Sea

The Boundless Sea

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Words... Words... Words...

"



Words...  Words...  Words...  What are mere symbols and shapes on paper to describe the shattering apparitions I have seen and the stinging sensations that have pierced my life’s shackled shadow?  Yet even as I weigh and measure these coarse characters on this page, pallid cold clouds swift over my remembrance. 

 

Pounding waves carry my intentions to sleep and baleful, thundering storms still wake me in the depths of the night while the echoes of the vanishing angel’s voice whisper on.  My mind now fills with the restless, boundless sea. 

 

Reefs of jagged, black rock rise like lone pillars.  Trying to crawl from underneath the swelling sea, they are ever forced adown under the relentless onslaught of the pounding green waves; deep green waves that rise up like arched wings, then fall and shatter upon themselves in foamy ruins.  Thus is my life, ever surrendered to the shifting waters. 

© 2015 An owl on the moon


Author's Note

An owl on the moon
“O mar com fim será grego ou romano: O mar sem fim é português” – Fernando Pessoa

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautifully wrought and very atmospheric poetry Craig. We can only ever surrender to those shifting waters of the ebb and flow of life.

Very much enjoyed. Beccy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Beccy... Yes... sometimes the waters overwhelm us.. and sometimes they carry us h.. read more
Beautiful piece, I really enjoyed it!

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

It is so good to have you by, marcus! Thank you for your kindness... May the week shine for you.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
~
oh my.. what a raging sea within your soul has been gushing through your pen today!!!

...i think i am getting sea-sick.. with my stomach churned, and shadows licking the perspiration, i see your endless voyage into the deep and you're taking your reader with you..

powerfully gorgeous!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Oh, dear moonskittles! I shall remind you often that the sea within me is a turbulent, untamed place.. read more
Craig, this is gorgeous. You write with such passion that your reader cannot help but be swept up into it! My best to you, always!


Posted 8 Years Ago


An owl on the moon

8 Years Ago

Thank you for riding these dark waves with me, Kelly... Your company is always appreciated!

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1011 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 10, 2015
Last Updated on May 11, 2015

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken moon Broken moon

A Poem by willweb


NO-THING NO-THING

A Poem by ...