Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Lavender lullaby�

Lavender lullaby�

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

To a friend who has bled�

"

 

 

A smiling blade once kissed your skin

Bleeding ruby emotions from within

For pain inside could not be carried

One would bleed or soon be buried

Yet your life holds a silver sunrise

In the deep recesses of your eyes

And hope is fire and shades of light

In the darkest corners of your night

So I sing you now this living sigh

May you rest in this lavender lullaby...

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I love this poem! Great work. I enjoyed your addition of various colors throughout the poem. "Ruby emotions." "Silver sunrise" (I love that line!). "Hope is fire" (that's yellow/golden/orange/red). And you bring in "light" and "darkness" too! Black and white. Or shades of gray? Oooo. And, of course, the "lavender lullaby."

This is an excellent work! You use the universality of colors to convey feelings and such. Great work! I am impressed.

Posted 15 Years Ago


6 of 6 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I like your rhyme pattern here. It's very well put.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a good way of presenting emotional pain like physical pain.
The idea that our inner beauty never fades away, is expressed beautifully trough images of natural landscapes.

You got a very lovely and enjoyable piece here !

A.M.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OH MY GOD! i love this the way you've place things together and expressed it is so diffrent i love it! how u represent things VERY WELL WRITTEN X

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is so sweet, so enlightening.

"And hope is fire and shades of light

In the darkest corners of your night"

I love the structure of this poem, especial in those lines~


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow, this was such a beautiful and sensual experience to read. =) I love your use of rhyme, it worked very well with this piece & didn't sound awkward at all! I absolutely adored the lines "And hope is fire and shades of light / In the darkest corners of your night" Absolutely breath-taking. o= Great job!


Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

oh my god! that was amazing! i've said it like a million times but your imagery is astoundingly brilliant! you make evry sentence so rich and visual! i loved loved this!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Not often do I get chills here, in California...but I did reading this!

Do me a favor...let me know the name of this font you used. Thanks much!

Take care!

; )

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

hey man absolutly loved it....great feeling

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful, sensitive and full of emotion. I love the title also. The placement of words is phenomemal as is the use of colors in expression.I hope your friend only bled, but did not die. This is sad enough without the added trauma. Just praise for this, it runs along the lines of the great poets such as Keats and Browning...that is the hghest complient I can pay you. Kudos for a breathtaking effort.
Cheers,
Helen :-)))

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Just beautiful, I love the correspondence between colors, the imagery of it all is simply lovely. Very nice write, well done!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1434 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 8 Libraries
Added on May 16, 2008
Last Updated on May 16, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..