Like raindrops...

Like raindrops...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

A poem in honour of a dear friend far away...

"

 

 

My days race like raindrops down a window

Mingling and merging, like liquid lovers…

Where do they go when they fall so fast?

I can’t seem to gather them up again…

Slipping over my skin; through my fingertips

Clinging for a moment before falling to earth.

Come back to me… Come let me taste your wine.

Let me dance in your memory; smile in your song.

Or help me remember it will rain again another day

And I will once more feel your presence on my skin.

My days race like raindrops down a window...

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have a certain way with words that is spellbinding, enigmatic. I'm certain many have said this to you. A true poet.

"Mingling and merging, like liquid lovers�" ~ This line here is simply stunning. Surely your friend is most appreciative beyond words of this beautiful write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
LSS
You are a good writer and I like alot of what I've been reading of yours. Just not enough time to comment properly on it all. The impact of what we do is often more important than how we've written it. Some of what we write is nominal, and other times fulfilling a commitment, sometimes we just write out of whimsy. But those pieces from the heart are the true gems and should be commented on, enabling us to become better focused on what makes us work. This may fall more in the whimsy catagory but it could only have been written from experience. Nice!
Lar


Posted 15 Years Ago


You are very gifted.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Now this is truly amazing and so sincere, lovely written, you write with heart and soul and that mkaes you a very gifted poet.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I really do love your style of writing, we can really picture what you are describing. You have an incredible talent at this that I long for all the time.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Now this is a simply stunning piece that tugs at the heartstrings... I bet you friends cries tears of joy when they read this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful imagery...it is sad, natural, timeless, and rhythmic like a season in one's life as friends and lovers come and go... (at least that's the metaphor that I drew out of it). The repetition of line one at the end makes it perfect.

Posted 15 Years Ago


a piece of unquenching sad beauty....
marvelous way with words and a brilliant ability to portray human feelings so incredible well.
I love this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wonderful, pictorial, skilful, peaceful, yearning ..

It whispers just loud enough to hear, 'Read me, feel me, share ..

I did, I do and, I have ..

Thank you, thank you, my friend.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love to watch raindrops fall down the windows. This is a beautiful, multilayered piece. Brilliant imagery.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

964 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 6, 2008
Last Updated on October 30, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..