DOES SHE?

DOES SHE?

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

A page from my diary�

"

 

Does she know…

no sea, no sky is more extravagant

then the soft curves of her smile?

Fennel toothpaste…

 

Does she see…

that I would give all I possess in exchange

for her and consider myself wealthy?

Reflections…

 

Does she feel…

my heart race when she’s near me

aching for her; longing with all I am?

Her giant…

 

Does she sense…

that the only thing I fear in all the world

is losing her, living without her dear love?

Together…

 

Does she realize…

I think of her with my every breath

sighing her sweet name as I exhale?

Basil and thyme…

 

Does she?

 

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great photo of you BTW :-) I enjoyed the format of this passionate tribute to your love. I usually don't assume that a poem is written through the eyes of the poet, but since your picture accompanies the piece, I feel safe in my assumption. Or perhaps you are imagining the way you would love that special someone when she enters your life. Either way, The verse is warm, creative and exceptional as always, Craig. Ending is perfect, and I really enjoy the last stanza....basil and thyme...quite nice....

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow this piece is very beautiful. Oh to have those feelings for someone and to be able to express them so beautifully. I honestly thought I had commented on this sorry it took me so long to check it out. Beautiful work as always.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is so sweet...thanks for giving us a peek into your personal diary. Then again isn't that what poetry is all about. Penning a heart ever so eloquently onto parchment. Splendid write!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I'm betting she does . . . :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Great photo of you BTW :-) I enjoyed the format of this passionate tribute to your love. I usually don't assume that a poem is written through the eyes of the poet, but since your picture accompanies the piece, I feel safe in my assumption. Or perhaps you are imagining the way you would love that special someone when she enters your life. Either way, The verse is warm, creative and exceptional as always, Craig. Ending is perfect, and I really enjoy the last stanza....basil and thyme...quite nice....

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

You have paid tribute to a loved one with much skill expressiveness and honor!
This warms my heart and put a smile on my face as I read it!
~ Jude :-)


Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.

This is a very enticing piece to the senses and tingles thoughts. I like this a lot. Great interesting unique poem. I love it. Awesome job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful writing! How you so poetically speak of your feelings and then take herbs to blend into the mixture almost like a sensual salad or romantic dinner seasoned with the herbs of love. As always a brilliant writing from from the poet with the golden pen. I do believe sir that you enjoy health food, does she by chance have a health food store? Better still are you in love with your garden? Hope so, it is safer, no heartbreak, she will continually give you of her bounty, asking only that you keep her bed well made and clean. I love it whatever it is about. If it is a woman, she is so lucky. If it is your garden, it is so lucky to have a giant like you care for it. Life loves you and you love life, that makes us all smile!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow.. I've read this one several times.. as it is not the same hues and is quite contrasting to the spectrum I have grown accustomed to in your writings.. but obviously this one is really personal. I like the difference and it is sooo good to branch out and try different moods, settings and formats. This one rang out like a poem a husband would give his wife or love.. personified.. I have to say .. I will skip on the fennel toothpaste.. lol.. but all other inspirations sounds divine. I love spices.. basil, oregano, garlic but please keep them well-seasoned in my food! The inspiration that is found .. is through that of which are memories pleasant to you.. shared for all to see and feel. The depth and imagination you place out there.. is sublime! Great work.. from a brilliant and touching mind! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Do they really make a fennel toothpaste? Is it anything like brushing your teeth with absinthe? Because if it is I'd have to pass. It sounds like one of those health food concoctions or potions like gypsys used to peddle. lol I know they use fennel in absinthe and it's a yellow flower but that's about it. I'm very familiar with basil though and I've got way too much thyme on my hands. lol The spices kind of made me lose track of everything else. This was strange...I read the poem with just the first and last lines of each stanza. I like the structure of this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.

it took me back to the days i fell in love. this is beautiful piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

978 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 30, 2009
Last Updated on October 6, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..