DOES SHE?

DOES SHE?

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

A page from my diary�

"

 

Does she know…

no sea, no sky is more extravagant

then the soft curves of her smile?

Fennel toothpaste…

 

Does she see…

that I would give all I possess in exchange

for her and consider myself wealthy?

Reflections…

 

Does she feel…

my heart race when she’s near me

aching for her; longing with all I am?

Her giant…

 

Does she sense…

that the only thing I fear in all the world

is losing her, living without her dear love?

Together…

 

Does she realize…

I think of her with my every breath

sighing her sweet name as I exhale?

Basil and thyme…

 

Does she?

 

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great photo of you BTW :-) I enjoyed the format of this passionate tribute to your love. I usually don't assume that a poem is written through the eyes of the poet, but since your picture accompanies the piece, I feel safe in my assumption. Or perhaps you are imagining the way you would love that special someone when she enters your life. Either way, The verse is warm, creative and exceptional as always, Craig. Ending is perfect, and I really enjoy the last stanza....basil and thyme...quite nice....

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Does She? I'm speechless and in awe of a love so powerful...
I can only hope she knows, she has to know a love so great, devine that seems to go beyond infinity
This is very heart felt and would add it to my favorites

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

**Sigh**
What can I add that the others have not already said. This is a beautiful entry. Simply a lovely, endearing write. By gollly if a man wrote this about me, I would be a puddle at his feet. Lucky lass she is...

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

You'll have all the ladies fainting with this one, Craig.. it is SOOOOO romantic .. and .. and .. well, a lot more. You suggest things to people in the most discreet way.. suggest passion without being explicit and yet, you leave them gasping for more! Clevah you!

Wonderful phrase: ' sighing her sweet name as I exhale? '

Thank you, thank you for sharing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I'm thinking from personal experience, that if you are thinking about someone this much, yes, she probably does know. And if you're imagining what she tastes like when you kiss her... I hope she's thinking about you the same way!

A unique write- I liked the blending of the abstract with the senses, to create a picture of someone real that is longed for in a very real way.



Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Ohhh, this is sooo good! It's much more soft and vulnerable than your other pieces and it made me smile! Dale's right- this will melt a girl's heart. It sure prodded at mine! It was extremely sweet and whoever you wrote it for is one lucky chica :] Absolutely amazing!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Again Craig you show that being a romantic is cool and classy... what eloquent words of love... this would melt any ladies heart.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

978 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 30, 2009
Last Updated on October 6, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..