TIME...

TIME...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

A life in technicolor...

"

 

Time screams
New life born
Pink blush
The color of spring

Time laughs

Two grow into one

Dressed in white

The shade of summer

Time smiles

Shared existence

Soft sultry tones

The flush of autumn

Time remembers

Reflecting life

Gray grace

The tint of winter

Time now weeps

As fingers let go

All the colors

Fade to sacred black..

 

 

© 2009 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, my I'm the first to review.. I am momentarily stunned.. I actually envisioned my lived life in these 5 stanzas.
"Time now weeps
As fingers let go
All the colors
Fade to sacred black"
(My world this past year)

This is brillieant. Wow, the imagary is incredible. I'm off to share this with a few I know will be as impressed as myself. Just spectacular..

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This was a very well written piece. I like the whole life cycle concept. Time not wasted on this one. Excellent job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Beautiful and not at all what I was expecting. ^-^
Exceptionally done once again.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A lovely description of life's cycle from cradle to grave and season's

painting the poem here with a great understanding by assigning each

season's color of our lives~tumbling each verse into the next~



Well DonE!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


A brilliant display of life on earth from birth to death... and like the poem life can seem to come and go that quickly. Wonderfully done my friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago


like the colors woven through this.... a very breath taking piece....imagery in this outstanding... overall another amazing write from you... nice job on this!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


The stages of life played out through the seasons and the final curtain call into the darkness where no color exists. Does time weep because we lacked the foresight to enjoy the colors of our lifes? We tend to pass through it in the darkness, not realizing that is our final destination. Thank you so much for this wonderful and insightful work. You so deftly point out that we need to enjoy this journey of wonderful light and color for "we pass this way but once." Once again a wonderful work flowed from your pen.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Again you write a masterpiece! The flow is flawless and it grabs you from the beginning! Love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

What a creative way to express life's stages. We are the seasons, and they are us...(just my thought process)... Excellent use of the personification of Time through the use of action verbs....birth, life, reflection on what was, death, letting go as the colour fades to black...nothingness...

Then begins again in new blood with familiar faces...(again...my thought process). The last stanza really remains with me :

'ALL THE COLORS
FADE TO SACRED BLACK...'

Craig, you always carefully place your words, and I'm wondering why you use the word sacred? The contrast is quite interesting....death/sacred... You have me thinking...

Your work is brilliant and always, always a pleasure to read.



Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Visually slended. It was like a melody to me. As if I went through a year of perfect seasons in a few minutes.
I loved this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I love the way you use colors as well as seasons for the different stages of life. Very well described in just a few words. This reads really well. I liked it a lot.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1296 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 7, 2009
Last Updated on October 13, 2009

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..