The Stars are Hidden

The Stars are Hidden

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

On my night’s walk through the snow ‘neath clouded skies…

"

 

The Stars are hidden

Past veiled, lace-woven clouds

Misted, muted light

On gardens of white ice…

Yet I see them glowing

In my mind’s eye

As in dreams

That ride on wings of doves…

Now step-stepping onward

The only sound my footsteps

Still.. still.. still.. they sing…

And all nature sleeps

In silent slow slumbers

As I waltz drifting

On snowy stone…

I hold a tenderness inside

In mystery of my muse

Yet am fierce as fire

Unyielding my dreams

Clinging like sea to shore

Unrelenting my will…

The stars are hidden

Yet I see them still…

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Awe yes you put so eloquently into words how just because it can't been seen doesn't mean it don't exist... like love and faith... dreams too can never been seen fully just in bits as you build toward making it come true.
Top notch writing again sir.

Posted 14 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I loved this! I love your writing! This was incredibly inspirational to me. Especially the last two lines: "The stars are hidden yet I see them still..."
This is incredible!!! :]

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful writing expressing keeping one's visions and dreams.. interwoven with the mystery of a muse .. very uplifting and passionate. I really loved the format and flow.. this was great!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh how sad that most stars are hidden to the urban world who do not know the joy of darkness - only the everywhere-orange glow of sodium lighting. Thus, when I can, I lift up not just 'mine eyes unto the hills' but my feet also and take me to the wild, high places miles from the city and look at the real thing.
Utah, Colorado, the Rockies - how I loved them. And from the middle of the world's great oceans, I have seen the Milky Way and gone south to the Southern Cross. How man has polluted with light> but your poem takes all this into account and sings the praise of the memories we all carry of the heavens, the universe in our heads. A wonderful evocation of what is there for us if we do but look - and store up for a cloudy night, polluted by light. Sadly, I also hold memories as a child of looking up into a clear starblest winter sky and seeing German bombers silhouetted above dropping their fiendish loads upon us and saw instant death on occasion as bombers were hit by fighters or anti aircraft fire overhead. Some mother's sons! War is not beautiful neither is it necessarily the wish or the will of those who actually wage it. But the sky shines on all. Lovely poem which has led my thoughts in a sky-dance.
John

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your poems always have a gentle air about them and this is no exception.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed this very much although not usually a fan of free form

Posted 14 Years Ago


i like this alot a very picture perfect write from you....i thought you did a great job on this detail in this was flawless... overall a very impressive write from u..

Posted 14 Years Ago


Such a wonderful glimpse through your eyes, Craig. The beauty you see as you walk through nature, seeing also the beauty that lies further beyond what you can glimpse. An extraordinary spiritual journey through nature.

Excellent!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful as if I was taken into a dream leading me into harmony. Exquisite piece of writing...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Craig, this is yet another stunning piece of yours, as usual! I feel the words, the images, the lines connected and woven into the heart and soul. Its such heart-warming to know and feel that as you walk on the 'gardens of white ice', 'past the veiled, lace-woven clouds', and the 'misted, muted light', you keep ablaze with the fierce fire and unrelenting will inside you, 'unyielding' in mystery and tenderness, strengthened by the serenity and power of your muse...such a mystic, profound journey of a true poet through the 'silent slow slumbers' of the snow! BEAUTIFUL!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wonderful feeling which u pass on to anyone whose reading....:)
I like it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3676 Views
67 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 4, 2010
Last Updated on January 10, 2010
Tags: winter night walk footprints

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..