SOMEHOW...

SOMEHOW...

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Somehow, he still believed in dreams ~

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was all over… all except for the papers filed with the county clerk’s office…

 

There had been no affection shared for years. No smiles across the table or toes teasing underneath... only life like an empty glass of wine… one where you remember the sweet fragrance of dark Napa Valley grapes… but now it sits, only a vacant vessel.

 

And though spring had come, it always felt like winter to him.  It was a feeling worse than alone, like a constant cutting when she was in the room… sometimes he couldn’t breathe… At least they didn’t yell anymore… they never actually shared anything... including conversation…

 

He had tried to “fix” things… he truly had… until there was only obligation… some lasting sense of duty… a signed form with faded ink in a drawer… somewhere…

 

And now he sat staring… wondering what might come next… anything to take away the ache… the dull pain that lingered like raindrops on barren, wet limbs… waiting for the freedom to dance down to earth…

 

He just wanted to know what it was like to be alive again… to see color, not just gray… to feel something other than numb…

 

Somehow, he still believed in dreams, even though he no longer had any… somehow…

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Craig,This is a wonderful write indeed!! I really feel it deeply...Very good :)


Dana K-

Posted 14 Years Ago


I found this to be a rather moving piece. It truly amazes me how people can manage to do what you describe in the last two stanzas. I love the format you have used in writing this and the picture you added.
This really is a beautiful piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh wow Craig... this is so sad. I feel for this lonely man. You have captured his spirit so well, in your charcoal strokes...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Optimism. This is a great work. I see myself in the poem. It is a mirror image of my life. I tried to run from the pain and everyday was hell to me. Somehow, I still believe in dreams, even though most of my dreams have faded away in time.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Dang Craig that is really powerful work... your words bring inspiration to anyone who is looking for life after a broken dream.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I find alot of optimism intertwined with some sadness.. the journey of a relationship that is trying (hey, at least it's trying .. not giving up!). Also always wanting to have colour and to feel something other than numb. The ending shows what feels like the ending of a relationship.. but still ending with BELIEF. I don't believe in endings.. endings only end with new beginnings.. this could be a turning point in life if viewed that way..

IF the ending of life's journey.. it's the beginning somewhere else..The portrait was perfect being that he's walking with an umbrella in the darkness.. but it does give a sense or aura of dim light around and ahead of him.. I don't feel sorry for this character.. he could lose everything.. but if he still believes.. he's truly rich where it matters! (I of course am different from others).. Great job Craig!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Lovely piece...sad, but a light at the end of the tunnel for the dreamer.
Thanks
Babs xx

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh my.. this is not so much sad as it feels like he is stuck on a ferris wheel, round, round.. Now is the time to say "stop", step off lightly into the smiling crowd that awaits you.

Such confusion.. He will find the light...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Powerful write.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4772 Views
59 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 12, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Goodbye Goodbye

A Poem by OT