I miss the color of your eyes

I miss the color of your eyes

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Pondering the stirring alone of me...

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I stand mystic on this auburn shore

Pondering the stirring alone of me

Waves fluttering like birds all astir …

 

Salt from the sea tastes of your skin

Zephyrs like your warm lips on my face

And gentle whispers voiced in my ear …

 

How I miss the color of your eyes

Same color as birthing skies at dawn

They melt me magic miles over miles …

 

Now you flitter come in daydreams

One day I’ll see the sails of your ship

As clouds roll on like the azure waves …

 

Drifting us mystic on this auburn shore…

© 2010 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh wow.. i fell into a fairy tale land..

Posted 13 Years Ago


WOW ~ that would be the most romantic poem I have read thus far ~ the melancholic heart of your stirrings breaks my heart !

"How I miss the color of your eyes" is a picture-perfect portrait of lost love........
no better words could give voice to the grief in this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I can sail these words-- passionate write. Very enjoyable read!

M

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is beautiful, Craig. I love the visuals you gave, I almost want to cry... The picture above also contributed nicely to this piece. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A beautiful poem, soft and sincere; and in a slightly different style than usual, but the difference is as graphic and magical as ever. There's something about a romantic poem, especially written like this, that makes me feel that there are knights in shining armour still in existence!

'They melt me magic miles over miles …'


Posted 13 Years Ago


Ordinarily, I try to avoid being influenced by a photo appended to a poem, but the selection of this demure nymphette, the solemn, sepia-toned solitude of her, just swept me up into this magical mysterious place you inhabit. Your choice of nineteenth-century words--auburn, azure, birthing, zephyrs-- complete the illusion of one whose love may not yet have been realized, yet she is sure he is out there....somewhere. Masterful as always, my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


SO ROMANTIC! I LOVED IT AND THE PICTURE WAS BREATH TAKING!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Gorgeous imagery; you use your palette of words to paint a picture of intense longing and great beauty, a picture to touch heart and soul. Your inner romantic artist is showing:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderfully written piece of art here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very surreal, mysterious poem that feels of longing, sadness and almost peacefulness or tranquility. Over all, so very beautiful!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2054 Views
51 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 17, 2010
Last Updated on November 18, 2010

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..