Laughing at what winter thought was dead

Laughing at what winter thought was dead

A Poem by An owl on the moon
"

Each blossom is a seed of hope...

"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Laughing at what winter thought was dead

Perennial madness in my lifty-lofty head

Tender plants, sprouting their true leaves

Alba flowers and amurensis-sighing sleeves

And your pomegranate lips a musical entice

Cross fields of sage and lavender-white rice

Grafted beauty on floating winds of thyme

You dance like magic on variegated rhyme

And life is laughing, spinning, leaping too

As winter’s sterile promise all fell through!

© 2011 An owl on the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
yes I'm with Emma - brilliant meter (as always!) - you know your poetry and play an array of senses - the tastes - pomegranate lips - flowers and sights and smells - so much going on! very nice!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I loved this. Reminds me of how miserable winter was and how glad I am Spring is finally here. Thought winter would never go away. Nice write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


You've perfectly captured the whimsical peacefulness of spring as it bursts to life. Indeed, Spring laughs at Winter. Terrific poem, Craig!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This makes for a great reminder that the seasons will always change. Life will be renewed. Great feeling.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a lovely and uplifting piece to read as we come (I think finally for the year) off a terribly cold and gloomy winter! Could apply to one's heart which was getting kinda hard, but was found to still have a glimmer of hope or renewal of faith. Glad I read this this a.m.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What fantastic meter plus a wonderful series of scenes .. ' Cross fields of sage and lavender-white rice ~ Grafted beauty on floating winds of thyme ..' I swear you write things about nature just to keep me on my working toes!

Spring really is a miracle, don't you think .. a Lazurus in bright beautiful colours.

This is truly lovely, ' Tender plants, sprouting their true leaves ~ Alba flowers and amurensis-sighing sleeves '

Posted 13 Years Ago


Funny and heart warming, a seasonal delight in spring, well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
delightful meter and rhyme..you make it look so easy!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Sheer beauty Craig. Death of something is indeed the start of something new, and if the death happened to be that of cold and unfeeling winter - with its unfulfilled and unkept promises - then it is definitely to be celebrated. Like a mad hatter you keep bringing rabbits out of your cap, unceasingly and I am just too eager to devour them all up...:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Masterful. The death of winter and the coming of spring used as a stunning metaphor for destruction and rebirth. Well done friend, well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago



4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1811 Views
40 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 14, 2011
Last Updated on April 15, 2011

Author

An owl on the moon
An owl on the moon

About
2024 is here... May we make it so much more heaven than hell... Wishing all peace on earth... Together, maybe we go the distance... The night has a thousand eyes, And the day but one; Yet t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..