Where the Story Ends

Where the Story Ends

A Poem by Fire Tulip

We were skipping down the yellow brick road

You were mine and I was yours

The perfect little couple

 

Always blushing when we smiled at each other

But I couldn't get ride of the aftertaste I felt after receiving that devious smile

 

I knew something was wrong from the beginning

We all have our secrets, but what kind of secret do you hold?

 

You lied to me.

You made me drown in a pool of depression.

So why do I miss those devious smiles we shared?

 

We were dragging ourselves down the little brick road

Things just kept getting worst

 

My little fairytale was coming to a hault

I knew there was nothing I could do to stop it.

Reality is not a fairytale

 

Sometimes reality is your worst enemy

But when I go back to my fairytale days

I cling to those special memories I hold close to my shattered heart

 

The memories before the story ended.

© 2011 Fire Tulip


Author's Note

Fire Tulip
Not feeling too good..I haven't wrote in awhile so I may be a little rusty.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Rusty??? RUSTY????? This is AMAZING!!!! You told of the heartbreak and of the emotions upon realizing that "this isn't working anymore" perfectly! I love how you seemed use fairy tales as sort of a theme, and how the story "ended". Wonderful write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Rusty?.... Umm no I dont think so!! This is a great poem that shows emotion. My favorite line is the first one. "We were skipping down the yellow brick road" I guess because it reminded me of the Wizard of Oz. That used to be my favorite movie.



Posted 12 Years Ago


Sometimes the things that are the worst for us make us feel so good. After we break free we still sometimes look back fondly. Cool use of the Wizard:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


"couldn't get ride " (rid) " kept getting worst" (worse) "coming to a hault" (halt)...I liked the way the poem unfolded and the references to the Wizard of Oz inferring the dreamlike quality of being caught in our own self-deception or fantasy. Thank you for sharing your writing. I enjoyed reading it. I offer the few corrections to spelling because I would hope others would do the same for me. Bless.





Posted 12 Years Ago


Rusty? Psh, this was by far a beautiful poem. I can imagine what happens so perfectly, and the small story here is done nicely. I especially liked this line: "Sometimes reality is your worst enemy" because all my beliefs on many topics concerning life relate to the saying.
The ending of many great connections between people can be so painful to even watch, let alone feel it by heart. We constantly remind ourselves of the memories we shared when we should be moving on to a brighter future. Great poem, it got me thinking deeply.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Rusty? Far from it! This is really, really good, and it kept me reading on and on, and when it got to the end, I found myself wishing there was more. Nicely done :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am not sure why you say your not good at this. Not every poem has to rhyme. Poetry is about emotions and expressing them through words, sometimes the reader gets them sometimes not. But your own worse critic is yourself, the writer, I liked this. I think you conveyed the feelings very well. you showed the reader exactly what you were trying to reveal. Good work and keep it up :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


i love your use of "yellow/little brick road". it allows for great imagery.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am envious of this write. It has lines I read religiously which may sound odd but is true. Well penned does not begin to accurately detailed how I found this but still as I sit here it seems to fit.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

582 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 9, 2011
Last Updated on October 9, 2011

Author

Fire Tulip
Fire Tulip

About
One thing about me is I never know what to describe myself as. I love reading poetry, but whenever I try to write poetry, it never turns out right. So I usually stick to writing my book. Right now, ev.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Fire Tulip


Evermore Evermore

A Book by Fire Tulip



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


for anna for anna

A Poem by Emily B


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic