Life of Raven Black (December 17, 2007)

Life of Raven Black (December 17, 2007)

A Story by [[Patches]] ((rocks))
"

this is the start of a beautiful story!

"

 

   December 17, 2007

That first day of school was cool… okay hell I lied, it sucked on ice… I hate this new school. The first thing that happens in that building was that I feel on my face slipping on the stupid wet floor. Then some stupid b***h called me a freak and all her f*****g prep friends laughed as they follow the b***h leader down the hall. The next thing that happen is when I went to my locker, it wouldn’t open therefore forcing me to carry my book bag to class then when I came into class with my book bag the teacher yelled at me to go put the f*****g thing away but I told her that my locker wouldn’t open and she gave me a f*****g detention… such a great first day, right? No. Then when I went to lunch, but the only table left was a table with a spilled pudding, a moldy sandwich, and lots and lots of dirty napkins. Oh joy.

When the day of hell was finally over I got on the wrong bus and didn’t know it until the last stop. The bus driver gave me a hard time saying “You should’ve known what your bus number was before school!”  Well I’m sorry for being new here a*****e! GO TO HELL!!! I wish I would’ve said that but hell I'm not that mean usually…

When I got home today dad wasn’t there so I lit up another cigarette and turn on my stereo. To no surprise to me Hospital by The Used started playing. That is my favorite band u know.

I sat on my bed thinking of ways I could make my miserable life better but I really couldn’t think of anyway at all. I let out a big sigh and took a drag of my cigarette. Why do I smoke? I thought to myself as I took another drag. I looked at the cigarette blankly. I guess I started when my mom died. You see I went to this party not long after my mom died. I hadn’t wanted to go but my best friend (there in Florida) had made me go. She said my “social life” was suffering. As far as I was concerned I had no social life after my mom died. If fact had no life at all. My mom was my everything. She was the smile on my face, the twinkle in my eye, and most of all the love in my heart. Now that she was gone so were those things. Anyway when I entered the party a nasty (as I thought it was at the time) blast of smoke rush at me at full force. Just at that moment I had taken a huge breath. Gosh that was defiantly wrong timing. I started chocking and my best friend just stood there laughing her f*****g a*s off. I should have left right there but I didn’t. I looked across the room and noticed that a guy was staring right at me… Wait a second I am getting way off had. To make a very long story short my best friend got me started and I kind of hate her for it…

But who cares. I’m not going to quit now.

Just as I took the last drag of my cigarette I heard my dad pull in the driveway. I wasn’t worried about the smell because my dad smoked too. I was however worried about him catching me because even though he would probably let me smoke, he would also probably use it against me. Plus I like smoking alone. So I rushed to the ashtray to put the stub out. Only when I smashed the stub in the ashtray it tipped over and fell all over the floor. Oh s**t! I thought and scrambled to pick up ashes and leftover stubs off the floor. The door bell rang. The door bell rang?? He must have forgotten his key so I hurried and picked them up and put them back into the ashtray. I put a towel over the leftover ashes so I could clean it up later. I opened the door and to my surprise it wasn’t my dad at all.

I’m sure my face looked totally retarded when I opened the door to see a boy about my age at the door. This boy had about shoulder length black hair and it looked like hazel eyes. He had an AC/DC “Highway to Hell” long sleeve jacket on and right then I knew he had style.

“Hello?” I must have again looked really retarded when I said this because he laughed. It could have been that or he had seen me at school yesterday. I would laugh at myself if that happen.

“Umm… Hi, my name is Matt. Is this where Robert Black lives?” he asked shifting his weight several times. He looked embarrassed. Well to tell you the truth he wasn’t the only one. Wait a minute that’s my father’s name. He knew my father?

“Umm…Yea, but he’s not here right now…,” I looked at him with my sharp blue eyes, “Why what do u want with my dad?” I really didn’t mean to sound mean but I think I did.

“I just needed to talk to him about something,” He said looking me in the eye like he was trying to tell me something or signal to me something, “Could you tell him that I stopped by?”

“Yea I well,” He started to walk away but I didn’t want him to, “Wait! I don’t know… umm did u want to come in and wait for him?” I personally don’t have a clue why I asked this, but like I did and there was no going back now was there.

“Umm no thanks… but if you want to come over to my house, I live right next door.” He waited for me to decide if I wanted to go with him. I did but I couldn’t. My dad had given me a long-a*s list of chores for me to do and if I didn’t do them he would kill me.

“Maybe some other time. It seems like we both have something to do at the moment.” I said and turned to go inside the house. As I turned, out of the corner of my eye I saw a smile spread over his face. When I looked in the mirror in the living room I had one too.

© 2008 [[Patches]] ((rocks))


Author's Note

[[Patches]] ((rocks))
Ok remember people this is the start of a long (about 22 pg.) story!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a real interesting start. Yeah, first day of school always sucked for me, too. I was never part of the "normies" I was a "Headbanger" (Half of the 90's punk & half of the goth kind) But, I never went through those "dumbfounded" times, because I was always an "angry" boy where no one ever dared to say a word to my face. Anyway, you're not the only one who went through all of those "bad lucks" moments. Let me be frankly with you on this piece;

You started it just about right, but while reading it, you just kinda wrote it a bit too fast and missed something that's needed to be revealed. I'm not going to complain about your grammars, either, because I know what you're saying there. It's like reading a journal / diary instead of reading a book chapter. No offensive here, just letting you know all of that. Allow me to give you the piece of advice; After you're done writing something, best to revise the page and take all of the time you need, until you're very happy with everything. Then, you'll do just fine afterward. Just keep on writing and you'll do much better than where you are at now.

On the other hand, I'll admit that I enjoyed reading it in some strange reasons. So, it's all still good tho...


Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 15, 2008
Last Updated on July 16, 2008

Author

[[Patches]] ((rocks))
[[Patches]] ((rocks))

Prudenville, MI



About
Hello everybody. =DD My name is Chantel. I love to write & read! Talk to me too because i love to meet new ppl! Byees! Chantel! more..

Writing