Life of Raven Black (December 18, 2007)

Life of Raven Black (December 18, 2007)

A Story by [[Patches]] ((rocks))
"

this is only the third! Remember to rate & review please!

"

 

            December 18, 2007

 

            So yesterday when my dad got home I asked him what was up with Matt and he just brushed it off his shoulder like it was nothing. He said that Matt was just a guy that helped him with his construction jobs. That was believable because my dad works in construction. The things that kind of make me wonder is that 1: He has no work this week.

                                       2: It’s also kind of weird that is hanging out with a guy my age.

                                       3: Matt was kind of twitchy and he seemed nervous.

            I think that whatever it is it can’t be that big of a deal. My dad is bad but he is not criminal material. The only thing hurtful he dose is call me names and drink too much. Other than that he’s a cool dad. Okay just so u knows I never said he was cool, I still hate him.

            When I got on the bus for school I sat in an empty seat and by the time I got off I was sitting next to a fat guy with a huge amount of body odor. It was absolutely terrible. As soon as I got off the bus I inhaled a huge amount of air. Everybody stared at me and I felt very embarrassed. Everybody stared at me as I walked in the building too. I hated this cause I’m the kind of person that likes to be in the shadows. I hate being in the spotlight. Yet everybody was putting me there. As I walked down the hall a girl with blonde hair approached me. As she got closer I noticed more of her features. She had long chopped up blonde hair, very dark eyeliner, and blue hair. She was very skinny and was wearing a red halter top with a half jacket, and white washed blue jeans. Her style was very preppy yet emo at the same time, I loved it. When she came up to me I stopped dead in the hall. I would have kept going but she was blocking my way.

“Don’t mind them!” she said looking at all the people staring at me.

“I don’t.” I said and pushed pass her.

“So, I take it your new?” she said following me down the hall. Well no duh!!

“Yea, I’m Raven by the way.” I just thought it was nice to introduce myself.

“Oh hi, my name is Jane.” She said it all preppy like. I hate preps and populars. They act like they are better than everybody else. But she was different. I walked down the hall, Jane still following me, and stopped at my locker. Jane leaned against the locker next to mine. I tried my com twice then got angry.

“Oh f**k it!!” I said slamming my bag on the floor.

“Ok, give me the com.” She said and moved in front of me. I told her my com and right away she got into my locker.

“What the hell?” I said.

“Yea, you have to have a wrist for these cheapo lockers,” she said moving out of the way, “You’ll get used to it sooner or later.” I picked up my bag and put it in my locker.

“So what do u have first period?” Jane asked starting to walk away. I follow her and take my schedule out of my back pocket. I open it up and see that my first period is… Chemistry with Mrs. Baker.

“Umm… Chemistry with Mrs.-“she interrupts me
“Baker.”
“I take it you know her.”

“Yea she is the worst teacher here. She is the meanest and hardest teacher.” She said her fist clenching and unclenching. I should know. She’s the one I got a detention from Monday. B***h.

“She gave me a detention the first day because I couldn’t get my locker open.”

“That sounds like Baker alright.” She said. As soon as she said this we arrived at my class room.

“So…”

“So, see you at lunch?” she said smiling. She’s inviting me to have lunch with her? Wow that’s the best thing that has happened to me at this school so far. I’m not going to pass this up for anything!

“Yea sure!”I said and went into my class. The classes before lunch went pretty freaking slow and that sucked because I really wanted to earn some new friends. I was really looking forward to having lunch with Jane. Then again I wanted to see Matt again… What am I saying, I don’t like Matt. I don’t like anybody.

            When lunch finally came around I saw Jane talking with her friends and I walked over to her.

“Hey!” I said with a smile spread across my face. Her and her friends snickered.

“Uh, do I know you?” Jane said and gave me a dirty look. What the hell? I thought I thought she wanted to be my friend? What a b***h to act like she wants to be my friend and then when she is around her friends she totally acts like I am the biggest loser ever, like she doesn’t even know me. I then turned away. As I walked slowly down the hall I heard them laughing. I felt like a loser for believing her. I then ate lunch by myself at the same table as Monday. Although on the plus side it wasn’t as messy as then.

            The afternoon classes were ok but they passed by so fast that I can’t even remember what we did. When I got home my dad was there and so was Matt. That didn’t surprise much since he was looking for my dad yesterday.

“Hey dad I’m home!” I said walking in and putting my book bag on the chair by the door.

“No s**t! Sherlock!” he said snickering. Oh no! I thought He’s been dirking again! I sighed and walked into the kitchen. I poured myself a glass of juice and sat at the table. I sighed again and looked intently out the window. Just then Matt came in and got a pop out of the fridge.

“Sorry about your dad!”
“You don’t have to apologize… I deal with him all the time!”
“Well it’s kind of my fault that is like that.”
“Let me guess, you let him drink.”
“Yea.”

“He would have drank even if you weren’t here, so don’t blame yourself.”

“Oh,” He sat down next to me, “I saw you at school today.”

“Funny I didn’t see you,” I said sarcastically, “sorry I am in a very bad mood.”

“I understand!” just then I heard my dad yell for Matt to get his a*s out there.

“Well…”
“Well I guess I’ll see you later.”

            That was a very good day.

© 2008 [[Patches]] ((rocks))


Author's Note

[[Patches]] ((rocks))
tell me the truth... how do u like it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on July 15, 2008
Last Updated on July 16, 2008

Author

[[Patches]] ((rocks))
[[Patches]] ((rocks))

Prudenville, MI



About
Hello everybody. =DD My name is Chantel. I love to write & read! Talk to me too because i love to meet new ppl! Byees! Chantel! more..

Writing