Life of Raven Black (December 21, 2007)

Life of Raven Black (December 21, 2007)

A Story by [[Patches]] ((rocks))
"

well this is kinda long!

"

 

December 21, 2007
 

            Yesterday was strange. But it was over now and today was Friday. To bad I couldn’t go to school. I really wanted to say bye to all my new friends. But who cares? I get to stay home and do stupid chores. I told my dad about what happen yesterday. When I told him about the fight he said “Good for you! You’re finally getting guts.” And when I told him about the stripper poll dancing thing he asked if I could show him and that he wanted me to work at his buddy’s club. I was disgusted. I didn’t show him and I am not going to work at his buddy’s club. Jane gave me her number in SRC yesterday and I decided to call her to see what was up. I dialed the number.

“Hello?” a women’s voice echoed in the phone.
“Hi, is Jane there?” I said nervously.
“Yes; may I ask whose calling?”

“Oh yeah, this is Raven.” I said. The other side went silent. I could tell she had heard my name before. I heard some noise on the other side.

“Hello?” I heard Jane say.
“Hey,” I said, “What was that all about?”
“What was what all about?”

“Your mom. She sounded like… like I was a murderer or something.”

“Oh, she heard about the fight and saw my black eye.”
“Oh. Well you told her that we were cool right?”

“Oh yeah. Its just she really doesn’t like people who hurt me.” She sighed “You know how it is.”

“No not really. My mom died 2 years ago.” I said. Silence feel on the other line. Sympathy, I hate it. Oh well maybe next time I shouldn’t tell people.

“I… I’m really sorry.”
“No don’t be!” I sigh, “Really.”
“Ok so what’s up?”

“Oh yeah… umm.” I don’t know why I said this next part. I guess I was just so bored. “Do you want to come over?”

“Yeah!!” she said right away. Almost like she had wanted to all this time.

 

            So we decided that she would come over in her car and leave tomorrow night. While she was driving over here I did some last minute cleaning. My dad was going to be gone for the night, in a “meeting” at some hotel. I’m not six I know what a meeting is. I just didn’t know if it was with some prostitute or a drug dealer. Hmmm I wonder…. Anyway it was going to take her over an hour to get here so I lit up a cigarette. Dad had left a whole carton here on accident. Ha-ha sucker! He is such an idiot when he is drunk. But I love him anyway.

            When she got here she thru her stuff on our couch and I gave her I tour of the house. She was so surprised at how small it was. We only had 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, kitchen, and living room. But, heck, only my dad and I lived here, so not a lot of space was needed. My bedroom was the most decorated room in the whole house; with posters covering the walls, blood red walls (if u can see past the posters), black furniture, platform bed and a very, very small closet. My room was the biggest bedroom there but my dad was hardly home so he didn’t care. She gasped when she saw it.

“Oh my God!!!” she put her hands over he mouth. She was smiling… I think.

“What?” I said sitting on my bed.

“I love it!!” she gasped and turned in circles, “This is exactly what I want to do to my room. But my mom says it is ‘too satanic’. God I almost hat her!” I laughed. Heck as soon as I get some where I customize my space as soon as I can.

“Well, why do u hate her?” I asked.

“She always thinks that I am her little baby and that I need everything to be done for me!! I hate it! It sucks because I can’t even be my own person anymore.” She paused, “Then on the other hand, my dad is never in my life, even though I want him to be so desperately.” A silent tear went down her check. I felt bad that she was going through that, but I had no idea what to do.

“Ok enough tears, lets do something else.” I walked up to her and held out my hand. She rubbed the last of her tears away and took my hand.

“Yea, ok so what do u have to do around here?” she looked around and saw the ash tray, “Do u smoke?”

Oh s**t! I thought Can I trust her? Well why not!! If she tells I can just say that she is lying. Plus I honestly think that she won’t tell.

“Uh…” I look around as if someone was going to over hear. I am such an idiot, “Well yea, I do smoke! Is that bad?” I kind of looked ashamed.

“No not at all. It’s just that I have never tried it before.” I giggled at her purity. I walked over to the ashtray and right next to it was the pack and lighter. I took a cig out of the pack and lit it up. She backed away.

“Well here is your chance. Do u want to try?” I felt kind of bad for offering her something bad and illegal but she said that she had never had it before and I think why not try something new once in a while, you might even like it. Gosh I am so bad.

“Yea!!” I handed her the cig and she took a drag. Then immediately let it out. I laughed.

“No, no!! You’re doing it wrong. You see, you are supposed to inhale with the smoke in your mouth.” I felt like an idiot. Of course she knew that. She’s not 12.

“Oh ok!” she took a good inhale, “Like th-“ she started coughing hysterically. I laughed my a*s off while she recovered. Then she giggled.

“It’s something u have to get used to.” I said taking the cig from her hands. I took a long drag and inhaled. Then easily let it out.

“Like that.” I said and set it on the ashtray.
“Ok well I am going to go to the bathroom.”

“Ok!” I said and went into the kitchen. Jane’s pretty cool I thought while getting bottled water out of the fridge. I sat turned on the stereo in the living room. No CD this time. I just put on the radio. As I walked by the front door I saw Matt coming up the steps. I went up to the door and right about when he was going to knock I opened the door. He must have jumped about a foot back. I laughed my a*s off.

“Whatcha…. Whatcha up to?” I managed to say between gasps of air.

“Nothing just wanted to see what u were up to.”
“Nothing much here at all actually, just hanging with- “
“Well hello Matt.” Jane said coming up right behind me.

“Hey Jane!” he said this regrettably, which puzzled me. The phone rang in the house and I excused myself to go answer it. As I walked over to the receiver I stopped to put the cigarette out. I didn’t want to seem disgusting in front of him.

“Hello?” I answered the phone.
“Hey Rav, this is Sky.”
“Oh hey Sky. What’s going on?”
“A couple of us were wondering what you were doing tonight.”

“Oh nothing much but I have someone over. Why, what did u have in mind.”

“We were wondering if you could host a little party.” She said slyly.

“Ok sure!”
“Cool and don’t worry it’s gonna be so fun.”
“Sure!”
            Cool I thought a party well be fun. I’m sure I can keep it under control.
 

            Little did I know… the party was going to an awful disaster.

© 2008 [[Patches]] ((rocks))


Author's Note

[[Patches]] ((rocks))
leading on to something...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on July 17, 2008
Last Updated on July 17, 2008

Author

[[Patches]] ((rocks))
[[Patches]] ((rocks))

Prudenville, MI



About
Hello everybody. =DD My name is Chantel. I love to write & read! Talk to me too because i love to meet new ppl! Byees! Chantel! more..

Writing