Chapter 2 Where my dream becomes strange

Chapter 2 Where my dream becomes strange

A Chapter by C. Lee Battaglia
"

The second chapter to The Link to Reality.

"
Chapter 2 Where my dream becomes a reality

I WAS running through the fog; I wasn't sure why, but I had this feeling that if I didn't stop something bad would happen. So I slowed to a halt. What I made out through the fog was about a thirty foot drop that would have killed me if I had kept on running.
I heard a sound in the distance. "ahhhhhh!"
What the-
My train of thought was interrupted by a mob of people running straight at me complete with pitch forks and shovels.
"There he is! Get him!" one of the men barked.
Fear and confusion filled me. I turned and started to run.
Why were they chasing me? I didn't do anything wrong, did I?
Who were these people and--
I tripped over a rock and flew head first into a rose bush.
Pain radiated throughout my body but I didn't really care much about it; I had bigger problems at the moment.
The mob of people were advancing at a startling pace and there I was still in the rose bush… I stood up, pulled myself out, and began sprinting in the opposite direction when suddenly it hit me: this is a dream. 
"Wake up, Reed! Wake up!" I yelled as I purposefully slapped my cheeks willing myself to regain consciousness.
Nothing happened. So instead of trying to continue running away at a near impossible pace I turned and yelled, "I didn't do anything wrong, did I?"
"Halt!" the man yelled again. It was now obvious this man was the leader of the group. He was built like a line backer but looked like a caveman and wore old leather clothing. He had a intense stare that had me convinced he could turn you to stone.
The mob of people had stopped and the man said, "The Dream Master has ordered us to capture you and bring you forth to him."
"Are you going to kill me?" I asked gravely.
"No, our only order was to bring you back to the palace." The leader said.
Okay, it's just a dream anyway. I thought to myself.
"Whatever, take me to your Dream Master." I said hoping to wake up.
"You have made the wisest of choices. My name is Gralup Eitter and I am the leader of the dream shifters." 
"I'm Reed."


© 2014 C. Lee Battaglia


Author's Note

C. Lee Battaglia
Stay tuned for Chapter 3! Please leave me a review

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The first chapter is much different than this one, it makes me wonder what road you're going to take this down and whether or not it will be a good idea or a bad one, guess I'll have to find out. I do enjoy your writing, but I do think a tad more detail in both chapters may be needed to make it sound more… awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely continue reading, it is amazing already, but something can never be to amazing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Okay, Thanks a lot



Reviews

The first chapter is much different than this one, it makes me wonder what road you're going to take this down and whether or not it will be a good idea or a bad one, guess I'll have to find out. I do enjoy your writing, but I do think a tad more detail in both chapters may be needed to make it sound more… awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely continue reading, it is amazing already, but something can never be to amazing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Okay, Thanks a lot
Although we do not need to apply literature to our life, this first chapter convinces me that this is a good time of year to check out the track, cabbage soup sounds like a great idea, also, though it might be a hard sell for a family or a whole family, it's good, well I guess it depends on how hungry everyone is; I forgot about it, what a cute picture of a kid eating watermelon!

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

That's me when I was little. Thanks I really appreciate it!
Very exciting chapter and very quick paced! I liked how this is a dream world, yet he is fully awake! Very cool cannot wait for the next chapter :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Luximir

9 Years Ago

Wow! I really appreciate it! I am writing it right now :)
If you are in the Group on this site.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

:) What is it? I cannot await any further. haha
Luximir

9 Years Ago

Haha, I will let you know :)
Cool.
I like "I didn't do anything wrong, did I?" and this mysterious "Dream Master" and how the far away sound was a smaller font (but not so small it was distracting or hard to read).
Good job showing and not telling.

This scene could be improved by "grounding" the floating heads. Floating heads means that the characters speak but the dialogue isn't "grounded" into the physical setting. This can be helped by having the characters interact with each other and their environment. You could include gestures, what someone steps on, Reed being bound or picked up, etc.

Let me know when you have chapter three :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thanks C. I had a idea similar to yours for the next chapter. Don't worry I'll make sure to add it. .. read more
You got me hooked! The story is turning out really good
Keep it going please!


Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Thank Lizardo! I'm glad you like it! Would you like to leave any thing for me to read?
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

If you want to, but if you don't, you don't have to worry with all my pleasure I read this good stor.. read more
C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

I do! Tell me one of your that you think i will like.
So far I'm hooked. Keep on

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

I'm glad you like it! Any grammar errors? or anything?
AWESSOME!! I need more!!!!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

C. Lee Battaglia

9 Years Ago

Alright! I'm working on chapter 3. How do you like it? Any thing?
Valkyrie Warrior

9 Years Ago

Just keep the story alive and I will keep reading!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

427 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 27, 2014
Last Updated on December 28, 2014
Tags: Dreams, trapped, hurt


Author

C. Lee Battaglia
C. Lee Battaglia

Alpine, UT



About
My name is C. Lee Battaglia and I love to read… I read so much that my Mom grounds me from reading and tells me to go do something else. I am 20 years old. I hated reading when I was little .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..