Decision

Decision

A Chapter by Chelsea Smith

Tyler seemed like he really wanted to go with me, didn’t he? Should I just tell him that I’ve got family stuff planned...or...? 

I don’t want to lie to him.  

There’s other girls that would be glad to go with him to the dance. Which, i’m only flattered that he had asked me. On the other hand, Bailee Handler would surely be glad to go with him. Even if he is her ex....

Mrs. Russell scribbled on the board with her chalk and turned to face us. “Good morning, class. It’s another school day.” She smiled. “Open your textbooks to 213 and read the first two paragraphs and start working....” She continued.

I opened my book and glanced over automatically at Luke Moretti....or his seat that was empty. No books on his desk, nothing. 

I bet he is tardy. Or maybe not.

Did he change his classes on his schedule? Would the principle allow him to do that? Since yesterday was his first day and all....

“...Now get started, class.” Mrs. Russell said. 

I sighed and scribbled the answers down on my sheet.

During class, my mind eventually wandered. I thought of what it would actually be like to go to that dance with Tyler. I saw myself dressed up in a cute costume. With my long hair pulled back into a cute braid. My make-up done with a dark smoky eye with full nude lip. And Tyler looked frightening in a Vampire cape. He had his hair smoothed back and his face was painted white. We danced to...that slow song that always plays on the radio....

“Miss Wallace.” Mrs. Russell said, tapping her ruler against her desk. 

My perfectly painted picture was shattered into bits. I shoved away my thoughts. Humiliation swam in my stomach. “Sorry, Mrs. Russell. I...” Tried to say.

“Pay attention. Because this will be on the test next Monday.” She interjected. She patted her dark black hair that was pulled up into a bun. “Take notes.” Mrs. Russell warned.

Out of embarrassment I looked around to see who might’ve been staring at me. I picked up my pencil and refocused on what the teacher had written on the board.

After class, I went on to Chemistry and sat beside Tamera to work on our test that we had teamed up to do together

Mr. Leonard was rambling in the front of the classroom about his pointless vacation to the Bahamas. I ignored him by talking to Tamera. She was going on about what was planned for her Art project that she and William were doing together.

She danced in her seat. “Oh I can’t wait. We’re gonna have so much fun.” Tamera smiled. “If you know what I mean.” She nudged me right in the ribs and leaned in and whispered something into my ear. 

What she said was something I never would have expected from her. Well, maybe I did. Considering how she’s been acting lately. What with dressing in skirts -- mind you the weather has been quite chilly-- and those skimpy cleavage bearing tops.

I laughed at her. “Are you serious?” I exclaimed half-heartedly. I failed at keeping a hushed voice.

Tamera looked at me oddly. “Well, yeah. I totally would. Wouldn’t you?” She twirled a pencil between her fingers and glanced at me. “I would this Friday if his parents weren’t home.” She grinned and winked.

My eyes widened. “Really? You hardly know him!” I told her. Trying to keep quiet, I checked to make sure the teacher hadn’t caught on to our conversation.

Tamera sighed. “I know. But still. He’s hot though. Oh,” She nudged me right in the ribs. “I saw you talking to Mr. Luke muscly-hot-dude yesterday.” Tamera     said.

I rolled my eyes and dropped my eyes to the paper I was supposed to be working on.

“It wasn’t that big of a deal, Tamera.” I said as I wrote. “He’s just a guy.” I shrugged. And that it was. It wasn’t a big deal. I was just talking to the new student. Is that such a big deal? 

“Are you insane?” She hissed, trying to be quiet. “How could you say that? The guy is hot! I saw how he looked at you yesterday!” 

“Oh, please.” I muttered. “We were just talking about the dance for gosh sakes.” I looked back up at her.

Her eyes widened by a fraction. “The dance? Are you two going together?” Tamera’s jaw dropped as the evidence sank in.

I quickly shook my head. “No no. I had asked him if he was going. That’s all.” I glanced over at her. “No need to flip out.” I assured.

“Oh. Did you ask him to go with you?” She pressed.

Disgruntled, I squirmed in my seat. “No. I didn’t. I was just. being. polite.” I looked down at the papers that we were supposed to be taking notes on. “That is it.”



© 2011 Chelsea Smith


Author's Note

Chelsea Smith
Please review! And thanks again for reading! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on December 15, 2011


Author

Chelsea Smith
Chelsea Smith

Knoxville, TN



About
I'm Chelsea, and I'm 15. I've been writing for almost 3 years. Mostly poems and short stories. Writing is a hobby of mine. I spend most of my time jotting down ideas and plots in my notebooks. .. more..

Writing
Crush Crush

A Chapter by Chelsea Smith


Too Much Too Much

A Chapter by Chelsea Smith