Hack Your Reality

Hack Your Reality

A Story by Damian Alan Gray
"

Reality is a lie.

"

Reality is a lie.

 

Think about this: We are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively.

 

That pretty much sums up the entirety of this article. But, allow me to further elaborate.

Imagine that we are all frequencies. We are all part of the same source which emits these frequencies, and we are made up of every infinite frequency there is. Yet as humans, most of the time we get stuck on a particular frequency, rather than seeing reality as it really is - as multi-dimensional. We are stuck in, let's say, the 4th dimension. We perceive ourselves as having separate physical bodies, as existing through time, as being constructed of certain elements of personality, certain likes and dislikes, etc.

 

This is our ego, and it is an illusion.

Reality, as most people know it, is a lie. People perceive this to an extent, but they don't understand the full ramifications. Imagine living life under a blanket, and then suddenly pulling that blanket away and seeing the real world. This is the haze that most people are kept under throughout their entire lives. They never experience the real world. They never become active participants in life. They are spectators, rather than actors - responding to the reality set up for them rather than creating their own reality. They've put everyone in a box, and they're trying to keep people from seeing outside of this box.

 

This may sound strange, but think about it: Why do you think there is a war on drugs, or that LSD and other hallucinogens were so demonized during and in the aftermath of the 60's? It is because these drugs are pathways; methods for seeing past the fake world, and into the true one. There are many methods for doing this, for seeing into the beyond. Most spiritual practices aim at doing this in one way or another. Most important to remember, it's all about altering your perceptions. It is true what they say - perception is reality.

Most people perceive that there is something wrong with the world, but they just can't put their finger on what it is, exactly. The problem is, our consciousness is at a very low level of evolution. We have people out there - people who are aware of these levels of existence - and they have gained power from this knowledge. They've created brotherhoods, and tried to make this knowledge occult (or hidden), so that the masses go through their entire lives without ever knowing the truth. All pre-industrial cultures have had ways of perceiving this truth, whether it be through shamans, magic-workers, religious leaders, etc.

 

Only we westerners in our postmodern, rationalized world have been blinded to this reality. We have been cut off from the heartbeat of the world. From childhood we are subtly programmed by television, by culture and by the standardized school system - we are programmed to ignore this reality. As Bill Hicks once said, “(it is) like someone taking black spray paint to your third eye; that is what society does, and is set up to do to people.” We are being actively denied this understanding, and it is time to fight back.

How do we fight back? Through learning. Through listening to each other, and through real interaction. Most importantly, through love. To experience truth with someone else, you have to love that person in a sense. You have to accept them and essentially merge with them. We need to stop relating to each other as self-conscious egos awkwardly communicating words, and begin to understand that we are beings of pure thought experiencing concepts. Each of us has the seed of truth inside us, even if we are all on a different level of development. The entire point of life is to combine this energy with others, and to develop our own powers. Call it Buddhist theory if you will, but I personally feel that one person can help others to evolve. The more we do this, the more we are helping to transform the world, the closer we are to manifesting our desires. By doing this, we are subverting the dominant paradigm; we are teaching others new ways of seeing. Even if our words don't cause full realization in someone, they are yet another straw on the camel's back - another piece of the puzzle. Eventually, when the person is ready, and gone through enough development, the camel's back breaks and the person's perceptions alter. They "awaken."

Imagine this. At the deepest level, reality is symbolic. It is made of pure meaning. What we see as material reality is the crudest form of reality - if reality is an ocean, the everyday part that we see is like the wake that true reality leaves behind. Yet it is far too easy to become caught up in this surface appearance, believing that it is actual reality. This is why our lives have become bereft of meaning. This is why we live in despair as a culture - we are empty vessels waiting to be filled by whatever our masters program for us. This leaves us completely lost. We need to find ourselves.

How did people find themselves in the old days? They lived. They thought, they discussed passionately, they meditated, and they faced danger to the point of risking death. In the old days there was no technology, it was man and nature... and through interacting with nature, and searching inside himself, man found truth. He found inner strength. Every advance; every scientific and mystical field of study came from people who had changed their perceptions so they could see past the surface to the true world. Every culture has had mystics, and magic workers - these were the people who sought into the dark places, and brought the knowledge back for the rest of humanity. Unfortunately there is no place for the shaman in our society. Most who think on a different level are promptly pronounced insane. Do not be mistaken, I'm not saying the insane have spiritual enlightenment - most of them are created through neurosis and trauma. They are people who have faced a snag along the way, and have become caught in their own realities. Yet insanity becomes more and more common in modern society, along with the drugs professed to treat it. But, how many people are actually "cured"? To what reality are they cured to? To a material world, devoid of value and meaning? That isn't our natural state to begin with - therefore of course, such attempts at cures don't work.

We need to begin seeing that there is more than meets the eye. We need to start pursuing these methods and applying modern technological science toward advancing our consciousness; toward evolving our spiritualisms, rather than toward our physicalisms. We are all of the same consciousness, slowly evolving. We are experiencing ourselves subjectively, and though we see ourselves as separate, we are in reality one gigantic process. We need to start realizing this and evolving on a mass scale, because time is running out.

 

Massive changes lie ahead. The Aztecs and the Mayans saw the omens; the forewarning of their own doom, yet they were unable to avert it. This is what we are faced with today. Our own apocalypse may loom ahead. Each of us needs to prepare ourselves mentally and spiritually. We need to free ourselves from the "control-grid," by way of making connections with people we can trust, and who can see us through the possible hard-times ahead. Above all, we need to start waking up, rejecting the current false paradigms altogether, and begin taking back our realities.
 

© 2008 Damian Alan Gray


Author's Note

Damian Alan Gray
This is an excerpt from an ongoing non-fiction essay.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interestingly I'm currently researching fiction and reality, through online gaming/gaming and even a personal study into how we create these second personae and if anything, live through them more than our own worlds.

Also, Ghaly commented that we will gradually, unfortunately, get to an understanding where everyone speaks the same language but affectively no-one has anything left to talk about or to actually understand about each other.

It's a very interesting subject, even on the brief surface of initial research there is so much to learn and take in. I'm not positive, however, in a Earth-wide response or acknowledgement of such Virtual Reality growing with our own culture to such a degree that we actually forget to exist.

Interestingly when Romantism started to die out in the early 19th century (I think that's about right) a whole mass of Realism was demanded by the populas. What I'm hoping will occur is society will suddenly realise that they don't even know themselves anymore and there will be a massive anti-technology age.

The trouble is, this might come too late for communication to ever be reconstructed completely, with far too much deconstruction of the self there is a possibility that it might have already destroyed our own existance.

(!)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There are so manyb thing I can say to this, and none of them would be a review....so I will keep it concise:

Well written and planned...I always enjoy a well-thought out essay that elaborates one's point of view...whether I agree, disagree, or have apathy for the writer's viewpoint, I can ALWAYS appreciate a piece like this!

Tempts me to write my own?

And, next question: how come there are no categories on this site specifically for essay writing? Though i have fumbled through a few rhymes on this site, I certainly would welcome the opportunity to read, review, and have essays written critiqued here....

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

did you ever see the movie "What the Bleep do we Know?" That movie touches on some of the points you raised... I try to get my opinions about something out of the way early so I can review from the point of the writing, so here goes... I believe you are correct in the way you say something will change soon... I do not believe so much in the Nibiru garbage or even the Mayan calander ending in 2012 as an omen... I once wrote an essay about how time does not exist, and I believe some of my theories will be proven in the near future... The age of aquarius is dawning, and those who believe that everything will be the same as our sun moves into this age will be the first to die off... I hate speaking so because no one is ready to hear it yet and at the risk of sounding insane I am hesitant to get too in depth with my ideas...

Your point is well carried throughout the piece and it was very easy to read... the conspiracy theory about the western governments covering this up is brilliant as is alluding to the ban of hallucinogens to keep us from this alternate realm where alterior motives are sometimes easily seen through... I saw something on the History channel today about Roman bath houses... places where anyone could go, no matter their wealth or social standing and interact with others... debate politics, get a massage, take a bath, go swimming, wrestle and engage in other sports... I truly believe the Romans had some things figured out about the well being of the human soul and perhaps we as a society should do some research into their ideas and try to apply them in our own time... You never fail to astound me... I always enjoy reading your works and exploring your mind!

Posted 15 Years Ago


The further man's feet get from the ground..the less connected he becomes.
Having made the off hand comment that everything vibrates at different frequencies...we just don't see it ... and also contemplating the idea that should we happen to alter the frequency at which we vibrate...we could ...hummm... possibly disappear or change forms ?...and experiencing people suspecting I was an escapee from a nut hut... This essay is a treasure.
I believe the connection is through our DNA and the ability to experience past lives may actually be the ability to view the lives of our ancestors through that DNA...just a thought.
I am not so sure taking a drug is the answer. I believe when a person is prepared, the experience will occur. With knowledge comes responsibility and accountability.

Well done, Damian!




Posted 15 Years Ago


I'm not sure what I think about this. I don't usually review stories, articles or books, only poetry, but you have set a teaser here. Your idea would seem to destroy the concept of individual ego's, subvert us all into the mass, and I'm not sure how that would work. Whether we like it or not, there are those individuals who are talented to the point of genius, and those who have not yet evolved very much beyond the ape, so if we are all part of the same matrix so to speak, why are we so different?

On religious grounds, for those who believe, where does that place us in relation to a personal God? Just one solid mass of intelligent energy, displaying individual traits which, in fact, are only the creations of our own imaginations?

Personally, I'm more drawn to the eastern beliefs of reincarnation, of a series of incarnations during which we develop as individuals, taking on board the lessons to be learned in each life and set of circumstances we find ourselves in. Certainly we spring from the same life-giving source, but we each face different challenges in life, and we each have freedom of choice with regard to how we meet those challenges.
No doubt there are aspects of 'reality' which are denied to us - for example, the range of our hearing, a dog can respond to much higher frequencies than we can hear. Also light frequencies; we are bound within a certain range, can't see x-rays for example. But we, nevertheless, are aware of their existence, just as we are aware of black holes in space - though we don't really understand how they work, or why they're there.

As I said, you've really posed a teaser for us here, and challenged us to think more deeply about our own sense of reality, and our own convictions about life itself. In that sense, a good and interesting article.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You bring many important questions and thoughts to light in this work...there is such depth of both thought and emotion for humankind in your words. Greatly appreciated.

These words touched me the most porfoundly:

' Each of us has the seed of truth inside us, even if we are all on a different level of development. The entire point of life is to combine this energy with others, and to develop our own powers.'
Thank you - much to think about and I agree with pretty much every word you have pronounced here.
Light,
Siddartha




Posted 15 Years Ago


Bravo! Yes yes gotta dig that, them words! Truth I see truth and in essence is all we should be and living, reading, connecting with each other! Hack Our Reality Faux Image Distorted and Running From True World's YES I like it! Goin' in my library.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Method or no method anyone anyhow anywhere can see. Really an exemplary piece on this topic, contemporary, classic and true. And I am with you brother, been there, doing this. Bravo for a fine expo on our wholeness and oneness.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Wow.

This was really trippy, and insightful as well.

All the hate, all the illusions, all the rules, were never supposed to be our nature anyway.

We have been put in that situation.

To battle it out, we need to free ourselves and follow the thoughts you have discussed, love.

This is a great piece

Posted 16 Years Ago


This is probably the only reality awareness piece I've seen on the cafe. And it is extremely well composed.
Are you familiar with Matrix Energetics?

Posted 16 Years Ago


Interestingly I'm currently researching fiction and reality, through online gaming/gaming and even a personal study into how we create these second personae and if anything, live through them more than our own worlds.

Also, Ghaly commented that we will gradually, unfortunately, get to an understanding where everyone speaks the same language but affectively no-one has anything left to talk about or to actually understand about each other.

It's a very interesting subject, even on the brief surface of initial research there is so much to learn and take in. I'm not positive, however, in a Earth-wide response or acknowledgement of such Virtual Reality growing with our own culture to such a degree that we actually forget to exist.

Interestingly when Romantism started to die out in the early 19th century (I think that's about right) a whole mass of Realism was demanded by the populas. What I'm hoping will occur is society will suddenly realise that they don't even know themselves anymore and there will be a massive anti-technology age.

The trouble is, this might come too late for communication to ever be reconstructed completely, with far too much deconstruction of the self there is a possibility that it might have already destroyed our own existance.

(!)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

714 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 11 Libraries
Added on March 21, 2008
Last Updated on May 14, 2008

Author

Damian Alan Gray
Damian Alan Gray

Spring Hill, FL



About
Damian Alan Gray is not an author, he is a writer. The difference being, of course, that an author's daily routine normally includes scheduling interviews with Oprah and book signings at Barnes and No.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..