Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Hack Your Reality

Hack Your Reality

A Story by Damian Alan Gray
"

Reality is a lie.

"

Reality is a lie.

 

Think about this: We are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively.

 

That pretty much sums up the entirety of this article. But, allow me to further elaborate.

Imagine that we are all frequencies. We are all part of the same source which emits these frequencies, and we are made up of every infinite frequency there is. Yet as humans, most of the time we get stuck on a particular frequency, rather than seeing reality as it really is - as multi-dimensional. We are stuck in, let's say, the 4th dimension. We perceive ourselves as having separate physical bodies, as existing through time, as being constructed of certain elements of personality, certain likes and dislikes, etc.

 

This is our ego, and it is an illusion.

Reality, as most people know it, is a lie. People perceive this to an extent, but they don't understand the full ramifications. Imagine living life under a blanket, and then suddenly pulling that blanket away and seeing the real world. This is the haze that most people are kept under throughout their entire lives. They never experience the real world. They never become active participants in life. They are spectators, rather than actors - responding to the reality set up for them rather than creating their own reality. They've put everyone in a box, and they're trying to keep people from seeing outside of this box.

 

This may sound strange, but think about it: Why do you think there is a war on drugs, or that LSD and other hallucinogens were so demonized during and in the aftermath of the 60's? It is because these drugs are pathways; methods for seeing past the fake world, and into the true one. There are many methods for doing this, for seeing into the beyond. Most spiritual practices aim at doing this in one way or another. Most important to remember, it's all about altering your perceptions. It is true what they say - perception is reality.

Most people perceive that there is something wrong with the world, but they just can't put their finger on what it is, exactly. The problem is, our consciousness is at a very low level of evolution. We have people out there - people who are aware of these levels of existence - and they have gained power from this knowledge. They've created brotherhoods, and tried to make this knowledge occult (or hidden), so that the masses go through their entire lives without ever knowing the truth. All pre-industrial cultures have had ways of perceiving this truth, whether it be through shamans, magic-workers, religious leaders, etc.

 

Only we westerners in our postmodern, rationalized world have been blinded to this reality. We have been cut off from the heartbeat of the world. From childhood we are subtly programmed by television, by culture and by the standardized school system - we are programmed to ignore this reality. As Bill Hicks once said, “(it is) like someone taking black spray paint to your third eye; that is what society does, and is set up to do to people.” We are being actively denied this understanding, and it is time to fight back.

How do we fight back? Through learning. Through listening to each other, and through real interaction. Most importantly, through love. To experience truth with someone else, you have to love that person in a sense. You have to accept them and essentially merge with them. We need to stop relating to each other as self-conscious egos awkwardly communicating words, and begin to understand that we are beings of pure thought experiencing concepts. Each of us has the seed of truth inside us, even if we are all on a different level of development. The entire point of life is to combine this energy with others, and to develop our own powers. Call it Buddhist theory if you will, but I personally feel that one person can help others to evolve. The more we do this, the more we are helping to transform the world, the closer we are to manifesting our desires. By doing this, we are subverting the dominant paradigm; we are teaching others new ways of seeing. Even if our words don't cause full realization in someone, they are yet another straw on the camel's back - another piece of the puzzle. Eventually, when the person is ready, and gone through enough development, the camel's back breaks and the person's perceptions alter. They "awaken."

Imagine this. At the deepest level, reality is symbolic. It is made of pure meaning. What we see as material reality is the crudest form of reality - if reality is an ocean, the everyday part that we see is like the wake that true reality leaves behind. Yet it is far too easy to become caught up in this surface appearance, believing that it is actual reality. This is why our lives have become bereft of meaning. This is why we live in despair as a culture - we are empty vessels waiting to be filled by whatever our masters program for us. This leaves us completely lost. We need to find ourselves.

How did people find themselves in the old days? They lived. They thought, they discussed passionately, they meditated, and they faced danger to the point of risking death. In the old days there was no technology, it was man and nature... and through interacting with nature, and searching inside himself, man found truth. He found inner strength. Every advance; every scientific and mystical field of study came from people who had changed their perceptions so they could see past the surface to the true world. Every culture has had mystics, and magic workers - these were the people who sought into the dark places, and brought the knowledge back for the rest of humanity. Unfortunately there is no place for the shaman in our society. Most who think on a different level are promptly pronounced insane. Do not be mistaken, I'm not saying the insane have spiritual enlightenment - most of them are created through neurosis and trauma. They are people who have faced a snag along the way, and have become caught in their own realities. Yet insanity becomes more and more common in modern society, along with the drugs professed to treat it. But, how many people are actually "cured"? To what reality are they cured to? To a material world, devoid of value and meaning? That isn't our natural state to begin with - therefore of course, such attempts at cures don't work.

We need to begin seeing that there is more than meets the eye. We need to start pursuing these methods and applying modern technological science toward advancing our consciousness; toward evolving our spiritualisms, rather than toward our physicalisms. We are all of the same consciousness, slowly evolving. We are experiencing ourselves subjectively, and though we see ourselves as separate, we are in reality one gigantic process. We need to start realizing this and evolving on a mass scale, because time is running out.

 

Massive changes lie ahead. The Aztecs and the Mayans saw the omens; the forewarning of their own doom, yet they were unable to avert it. This is what we are faced with today. Our own apocalypse may loom ahead. Each of us needs to prepare ourselves mentally and spiritually. We need to free ourselves from the "control-grid," by way of making connections with people we can trust, and who can see us through the possible hard-times ahead. Above all, we need to start waking up, rejecting the current false paradigms altogether, and begin taking back our realities.
 

© 2008 Damian Alan Gray


Author's Note

Damian Alan Gray
This is an excerpt from an ongoing non-fiction essay.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Interestingly I'm currently researching fiction and reality, through online gaming/gaming and even a personal study into how we create these second personae and if anything, live through them more than our own worlds.

Also, Ghaly commented that we will gradually, unfortunately, get to an understanding where everyone speaks the same language but affectively no-one has anything left to talk about or to actually understand about each other.

It's a very interesting subject, even on the brief surface of initial research there is so much to learn and take in. I'm not positive, however, in a Earth-wide response or acknowledgement of such Virtual Reality growing with our own culture to such a degree that we actually forget to exist.

Interestingly when Romantism started to die out in the early 19th century (I think that's about right) a whole mass of Realism was demanded by the populas. What I'm hoping will occur is society will suddenly realise that they don't even know themselves anymore and there will be a massive anti-technology age.

The trouble is, this might come too late for communication to ever be reconstructed completely, with far too much deconstruction of the self there is a possibility that it might have already destroyed our own existance.

(!)

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There is no reality, it is all perception. THis is a beautifully written appeal to the masses to take off the blinders and SEE. Human beings only use about 10% of the brain, and the stimulus (stimuli?) that is cast aside to allow us to understand what we are seeing (hearing, feeling) can be experienced through meditation, certain hallucinagens...I've experienced these and I can't testify that it truly expands the consiousness but the learning comes from the journey itself. MOst people seem to prefer the blinders. Its easier to be told what to do. It beats having to think.
Very nicely done. Your work never disappoints.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The human race individually, would die off....but as a whole, we succeed and we aspire and grow. But we need to be open to each others ideas and realize that individually, we may have a purpose but in order to realize them, we need to band together to form a reality that envelopes us all in every aspect to insure a unified existence but also allow for individuality.

Very deep but very perceptive...a very enjoyable read Damian, thank you.

~Lorna Lee

Posted 16 Years Ago


Kudos, my friend. You just blew my mind. Really, though, I agree whole-heartedly. I always knew there was a reason for my love of hallucinates that extended beyond the typical "it feels good", and you've just put into words what I could never explain. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I am not alone in the world, and it makes me feel a bit less obscure.

"How did people find themselves in the old days? They lived. They thought, they discussed passionately, they meditated, and they faced danger to the point of risking death. In the old days there was no technology, it was man and nature... and through interacting with nature, and searching inside himself, man found truth. He found inner strength. Every advance, every scientific and mystical field of study came from people who changed their perceptions so they could see past the surface to the true world."

I have tried explaining to people the above concept, but nobody seems to understand. Perhaps I'll just start linking them to this piece. Again, I dig it. Much love.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome, I love it. It's just how I see the world. The veil lifted for me a couple of years back, it's good to see others out there.

Posted 16 Years Ago



3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

714 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 11 Libraries
Added on March 21, 2008
Last Updated on May 14, 2008

Author

Damian Alan Gray
Damian Alan Gray

Spring Hill, FL



About
Damian Alan Gray is not an author, he is a writer. The difference being, of course, that an author's daily routine normally includes scheduling interviews with Oprah and book signings at Barnes and No.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..