The innocent's riddle

The innocent's riddle

A Story by SimpleMind
"

Some truths are silent, and some are innocent.

"

              


  “High! Go higher, up, up, UP!”

 

                Geeez! Why can’t kites have brains?! If only kites knew how lucky they were because they can fly! I should have been born as a kite so that I can touch the clouds. I know angels live in the cloud, that’s the reason why the clouds are white. But no one believes in me, even my mom.

 

                Sky~

 

It’s so wide and vast. Mom said that the sky’s so wide that it can’t be put in map. It’s limitless, like dreams and wishes!

 

And if I’m a kite, I’m gonna fly until there’s no more wind. I will knock in the clouds and look for my guardian angel and I’m gonna thank that angel for watching over me always.

 

Then I saw something approaching towards my kite. It looks like a duck. But ducks don’t fly, so it must be a bird.

 

It’s there flying, and the next minute it’s flying higher than my kite.

 

“Ohhh.. why can’t my kite fly higher?!”

 

Could it be, because it has no wings?

 

Birds have wings and tails, but kites only have tails.

 

Wings, same with what the angels have. Birds must be angels disguising so that they can come down to watch for us unnoticed. But of course, bad children don’t have angels. Instead, they will grow horns and tails. Tails, just like what a kite has.

 

Mom told me that if I’m going to pick on somebody and do bad stuff, I’ll also have tail growing behind me. It’s creepy! Tails are only for those who are bad.

 

Like the ones I see on movies. Bad guys are the ones on top, but after the show, their tails that are pinned on the ground will always take them down.

 

I glance upward; my kite is still there with the end of its tail in my hand.

 

It’s so much the same, the kite and the bad people. At the end, the kite has to come down because its tail is being held in the ground.

 

No!

 

I don’t want to be a kite! I don’t want to have a tail and be tied in hell and let the evil monsters pull me down. Kites can fly, but they cannot soar high. Birds do that, angels do! And I’m gonna be a bird instead.

 

But if birds are angels, then why do they have tails?

 

© 2013 SimpleMind


Author's Note

SimpleMind
This is my first short story (if this could be considered as a story), and I don't know if I am doing the right stuff here. What do you think guys? Feel free to say your views please, I'm gonna need feed backs :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting, but it jumps around a lot... You still got your point across, though. So not bad. A few grammar mistakes, but that's normal.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very interesting story! I loved the flow of it. There are a few GUM errors I would check out (for instance 'if only kites know how lucky they are' should be 'if only kites knew how lucky they were'). Other than that, good story!

Posted 11 Years Ago


SimpleMind

11 Years Ago

Wow~ thanks! That's a really big help! I will make the changes now. Really, that's so kind of you :)
kites??? i thought you were talking about kitties and ducks
now i got to read this all over

okay that makes a lot more sense now

don't ever be a kite or you will get eaten by the charlie brown tree
be a bird or a cat or an angel any day

Posted 11 Years Ago


SimpleMind

11 Years Ago

That's more likely !
Thanks for dropping by :)
Mike Emil

11 Years Ago

welcome, bette
Really well written and thought provoking, the child's perspective lends it innocence and that special kind of naivete that only makes the message hit harder, brilliant work :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


SimpleMind

11 Years Ago

Thanks Shazza :) I've always find writing in child's perspective powerful,..the art of innocence and.. read more
Shannen Forrester

11 Years Ago

Well you wouldn't know from reading this, well done I love it XD
Hahaha. Wow. That was truly amazing. I love your way of thinking!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


SimpleMind

11 Years Ago

*sigh

Just when I though I messed in here...thanks!
Really love this...mesmerizing child imaginations...love the rawness of the thoughts. keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


SimpleMind

11 Years Ago

Thanks Marc! You've been a great encouragement this past few days :)
Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Keep the fire burning you have it...as a great writer. Welcome always!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

577 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2013
Last Updated on March 14, 2013

Author

SimpleMind
SimpleMind

Philippines



About
I trip over nothing :) more..

Writing
Woman Woman

A Poem by SimpleMind


Not Me Not Me

A Poem by SimpleMind



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Dark Rider