Alice

Alice

A Chapter by Claire Louise

After that whole scene that I made people came up to me.  Some of them were pretty nasty, they told me how mean I was to her.  As if I already didn’t know!  Mostly I just shrugged them off. 

            However one girl came up to me and she surprisingly didn’t snap at me. 

            “Hey, Kat. Right?”  The skinny brunette said.

            “That’s right.  And you are?”  I answered.

            “My name is Alice, and I couldn’t help but hear about your little fight you had with that chick Kelsey.”

            “Hmm word travels fast,” I said.

            “It’s high school.  What do you expect?”  She answered confidently.  “Anyway, I know I’m not supposed to befriend a girl who is already known as the school’s queen b***h but I can’t help it.  I think we have a lot in common and I think together we could conquer.”

            I was totally taken aback for a couple reasons.  First, I already had a reputation.  I am Phoenix High’s queen b***h.  I know I probably should be upset with such an awful nickname but instead I sorta loved it.  And secondly, when Alice told me about wanting to rule to school with me I was a little shocked.  I thought it was going to be harder to find a group of girls with a common interest to rule.

            I looked at Alice.  She had a petite frame.  She was definitely shorter then me, and a bit skinnier.  Her face was round and she had big blue eyes.  She wore tight dark wash skinny jeans; shirt with red kiss marks on it, and a pair a brown leather combat boots.  Her hair was long, but I could spot a single split end.  She was perfect.

            “Rule the school with you…?”  I thought out loud.  “Well since we have common interest and you have the look down I guess we could try it out…” I said this so seriously and actually looked a little nervous.  Then I cracked a smile and we both started laughing.  “Yes, Kat and Alice are going to run the school,” I said. 

            We walked over to the Cafeteria and found some seats next to some cute football players.  I noticed the boys eyeing us and I turned around and gave them a flirty wave.  One of the guys nudged the other and they all started talking to Alice and me at once.  Alice and I exchanged a glace and did a little smile at each other.  She leaned over and whispered into my ear, “If we become talk to the football player all the other girls will get jealous and envy us,” she said.            

            “Damn you’re good.  Let’s go,” I whispered back.  I looked over at the football guys.  It seemed like our little side conversation lost their interest a little bit.  I nudged Alice and we strutted over and found two empty seats across from each other at the round table. 

            “Hey boys,” Alice said as she put her arms around two of the boys muscular shoulders. 

            “It looked like there was just too much testosterone at this table and we just wanted to come over and balance things out,” I said.  From there we had a conversation with the boys.  Alice and I threw in sassy, flirty remarks whenever we could.  Then one of the boys named Wes brought up the Kelsey fight. 

            “So, Kat, I heard about your fight with that blonde whale,” he said.  All the guys at the table started laughing.  I didn’t want the guys to think that I was the extreme b***h that everyone was making me out to be.  So I had to think fast.

            “You’re bringing that up?  Well I totally had a reason to say the things I said,” I was trying to make my voice sound hurt and upset, I prepared myself for a full-blown lie.  “That blondie, Kelsey, and I were friends a long time ago.  And over the summer whenever she could she would spread these vicious lies and rumors about me.  Once she told a group of girls that I stole her boyfriend.  I mean I can’t help that her guy was more attracted to me then her.  And another time she told a bunch of girls that I was a lesbian.”  I let out a little sigh and pretended like I was holding back tears.  “I guess she just spread those rumors because she was jealous of me or something.”

            One of the football players responded to my fake sob story.  “Damn, that sucks.  I’m glad you put her in her place.”

            “Thanks,” I replied.   “I was just defending myself and now I’m known as the school wide b***h.  If your guys could do me a favor that would be great.”  All the boy’s head nodded in unison.  “Can you guys please start telling everyone that Kelsey started the fight I would appreciate it so much!  I don’t want an awful reputation.”  A tear rolled down my cheek.  I guess those years of acting classes finally paid off.  “Excuse me,” I said and I started toward the bathroom. 

            As soon as I entered the door I wiped the dark mascara that got smudged from my faux crying.  Alice came in behind me.  “Was that story true?” She asked. 

            “Hell no!  I just didn’t want them to think of me as a total b***h.  It’s hard to climb the social ladder if absolutely everyone hates you.  Right?”  Alice smiled. 

            “You’re smart.  I like the way you think.  It was one hell of an acting job you did back there and I’m glad you are twisting the story.  Its better for Kelsey to be the bad guy instead of you!” 

            At that moment a girl came out of the bathroom stall.  She was super short and had awkward bangs and glasses.  She looked shocked by what she just heard.  I went right up to her and looked strait into her murky green eyes.  “You didn’t hear anything, and if you repeat anything you just heard I will ruin you.  Now, scram!”  The girl ran out and Alice and I burst into a fit of laughter.

            “Her face! She was so scared!” Alice said. 

            “I know right!  And she totally believed me when I said I would ruin her!  I would never waste my time ruining her.  I have much better things to do with my time.”  I fixed my makeup and then we walked out.

            The girl who was in the bathroom looked at me from across the room and I made eye contact with her.  She quickly looked away and I giggled to myself.  I love this power that I had over her.  I cannot wait until I have more.  



© 2014 Claire Louise


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on June 25, 2014
Last Updated on June 25, 2014
Tags: teen, girl, popularity


Author

Claire Louise
Claire Louise

Phoenix, AZ



Writing
Preface Preface

A Chapter by Claire Louise