Beloved Andromache

Beloved Andromache

A Story by clairvoyantmars
"

This was actually my homework in my English class. I loved it so much I had to put it in here. I hope you like it. It's about Hector and Andromache in the story the Iliad written by Homer.

"

I feel your eyes on my retreating back as I head toward my battle. My armor is heavy and the glare of the sun hurts my eyes. I do not look back to take in what you feel is my last sight of you. I do not glance back to the child you hold in your arms. Your image in engraved in my mind, and my heart clutches as I remember your tresses that ripple over your shoulders, the thick lashes that frame your eyes, your tear-stained cheeks as you beg me to stay. I disappear from your sight and only then do I turn back to breathe in the scent of our farewell.


Goodbye, beloved Andromache. Soon you will be back in my arms and I will be there to wipe your tears away. For now I must face the fiend who comes between us.


I lift the sword in my hand. This battle I dedicate to my king and country. But my fiend's last breath I give to my dear Andromache.

© 2011 clairvoyantmars


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This reminds me a lot of 300, the movie and the comic (I've seen and read both) & I liked it a lot. It's kind of short for my liking, just because I like to read longer works, but for being so short you fit a lot of emotion into it. I think you did a great job of capturing the moment between these two people and not many people can do that. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Sorry this read request took so long to get to dear, I usually save stories and such till very last, if I had known it was this short I would have read this first xD
This was brilliantly written. I could see their pain and feel their pain while reading it...filled with emotion and made me want to read more.
Good write, you better have gotten an A on that homework assignment

Posted 12 Years Ago


heat vision sensored; intuition burns calling to extinguish yet the feeling is never extinguished. smooth flow.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wonderful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


such a loving tale, brought me to tears. very emotional and loving, good job

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful. The emotion was captured very well. I loved it. I love the last line most of all. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is very descriptive! I also think you captured the emotion well .

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful and breathtaking!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
I really liked this. The suspense and giving of the poem is beautiful. The description and words literally amazed me, and kept me reading, wanting more. I also like the theme to this, and the way it fights for love and battle for one's country. The hope and desire to come back is adorable. Reminds me of Rome, and Greece for some reason, but I really really loved this. Excellent job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so fitting to the story, and portrays the character brilliantly! You did a wonderful job with this!

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

817 Views
41 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2011

Author

clairvoyantmars
clairvoyantmars

Philippines



About
I've been seriously starting to write my own novels since 2008. So far, I've finished three novels and have a lot of unfinished ones piled up. I also write short stories and poems and the occasional s.. more..

Writing
The Past The Past

A Chapter by clairvoyantmars



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..