Werewolf Hypothesis

Werewolf Hypothesis

A Story by Clif
"

Different classifications for werewolves.

"

       Lycanthropy is one kind of werewolf. It is a mental illness where a person thinks they are a wolf and acts like an animal. This could be from demonic possession of a humans body and causes them to become mentally ill and turn into a monster.

       There was a case of lycanthrope in England, in the 1980s, referred to as a werewolf. Ed and Lorrain Warren investigated the event and they believed the man was possessed by a demon.

 

      An additional kind of wolf beast would be a living  wolf that is occupied by a malevolent entity and becomes a deadly, marauding monster, killing people and other creatures.

       Like a Wendigo; a Canadian, Native American legend of an evil spirit that takes over a person and causes them to become a cannibal and murderer. The monster of the Great White North may be like the werewolf, where an malicious essence could invade an animal, or person, turning them into a dangerous beast.


       Another category of werewolf would be ghost wolves and hellhounds. These are incorporeal spectral entities of previously living canine creatures that come back and terrorize the living.

       Beastly pooches participated in the Wild Hunt; ghost riders in the sky, at midnight. Ethereal phantoms on evil horses, with devil dogs would fly at night, taking people who had done bad deeds.

       In Western Maryland, in the 19th century, there was a giant, black dog called Snarly Yow. Sometimes it was a shadow and could not be killed by a gun.

        And the classic characterization of werewolves would be shapeshifters, of a human metamorphosis into a canine beast. They come under the classification of gothic monsters.

       Werewolf shapeshifters could come about from a powerful demon combined with psychic abilities of the host person. Human enhanced mental capabilities could help to enable a possessed individual to change form into a vicious monster. And an evil spirit of significant energy, could also aid in a man to transform into a wolf like creature.

The Beast of Gevaudan; in France, in the 1700s, up to 100 people were killed by a werewolf, or werewolves. This case could have been wolves, or a hyena, occupied by an evil spirit and going on a rampage. The beast was shot and killed by a farmer, So it may not  have been an incorporeal entity, but a living creature possessed by demonic essence. 


       The common link between different classifications of werewolves; Lycanthropic, savage wolves, spectral canines and shapeshifters, are demonic spirits that possess people and animals, turning them into "something out of the gates of hell".

© 2024 Clif


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on April 22, 2023
Last Updated on April 2, 2024
Tags: werewolves, gothic monsters, demons

Author

Clif
Clif

MD



About
These are legacy articles. I am using other websites to post my writing. more..

Writing
Post Bucket List Post Bucket List

A Story by Clif


Irish Folklore Irish Folklore

A Story by Clif