Reincarnation

Reincarnation

A Chapter by CNRain
"

Introducing MC Hana Kim.

"

The sunlight illuminated our spot along the emptied hallway, but his words hung over me like a velvet curtain. Shiny, sleek black hair covered his shapely head. In contrast to his dark hair, were a pair of unnatural, blue eyes. He looked as though he was enchanted out of a mythical book; an otherworldly creature. It was also the first time we met, yet he already shared his most darkest secret with me. In his past life, he was a shinigami. The words flew out of his mouth so naturally, but I stood next to him, debating whether or not I should reach up towards his face and smack him for telling me such weird nonsense. I was almost sure he was making fun of me until I saw the light reflect off his eyes. It was chilling to say in the least, the way his eyes were looking at me.


His ghostly, blue orbs seemed to regard my hands as a waste of space. I had nothing to hold on to and my wobbling legs couldn't escape the quicksand beneath my feet.

Everything about me, stood utterly useless against his penetrating stare. Those cold eyes felt as though they could look inside the deepest parts of my soul. A blazing trail of secrets and dreams, he gobbled up with just one glance.


All the walls I had built up around my heart for him, easily collapsed for this guy's forceful entree.
I was left vulnerable; open to harm's way. My bones shook reminding me of this hateful feeling.


Did I really need someone to protect the little weak me?


I steadily stared back into those arrogant eyes. I am not someone who is so weak willed!


"What's a shinigami?" I attempted to pronounce it the same way he said it, but it came out sounding ridiculous.

Thankfully, his gaze dropped into a laughable grin.

"Maybe, you should consult your Japanese dictionary," he said. The mysterious smile painted on his lips only added further to his enigmatic behavior. "Talk to you later, Hana."
He briskly walked away, whistling a charming tune as he tapped a chilled, half-empty bottled water against his thighs.

Did I believe him?
I wondered if Michi could tell me what a shinigami was.

The apple juice in my hand felt warm.



© 2012 CNRain


Author's Note

CNRain
Any thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on October 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 30, 2012


Author

CNRain
CNRain

Davis, CA



About
I've recently started creative writing and found it to be an eye-opening experience. Hope to get some tips and advice on my works. I'm also looking for writing buddies/ beta readers! :] more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by CNRain


Pondering Pondering

A Chapter by CNRain