Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Pondering

Pondering

A Chapter by CNRain
"

Hana is thinking about the scene from earlier, but Michi interrupts her thoughts.

"

An endless, scramble of thoughts and questions permeated my mind.

Today, by chance, I picked up a quarter that rolled towards my feet and when I got up, an arm landed on the wall next to my head. I became stuck next to a vending machine and a boy who looked my age.
"Could this be yours?" I held out the silver coin to the black-haired kid.

Electrifying blue-eyes looked at me for only a moment, before immediately swiping the quarter from my palm.

I quickly moved away from him to walk towards the courtyard, but something icy clamped my neck.
My shoulders lurched backwards as a bolt of electricity ran down my spine.

“What was that for?” I scowled.

“For you.” He held out a rectangular, juice box in front of my face.

It was apple-flavored, surprisingly my favorite. I took it from him, and he grinned. “Thanks for the quarter.”


"It's Roy," he said after depositing the quarter into the vending machine. "I've recently transferred here."

So he’s the one the girls in my class have been gossiping about the entire day. The entire female school body seemed to be in a frenzy. They noted him as the good-looking, princely transfer student. His midnight-black hair and piercing blue eyes already earned him the status of a heart throb. Walking with his back straight and showing off his long legs, he made his own runway with a certain aura of grace. Students tended to crowd him because not only did his looks stand out, but it was rumored he scored a perfect 100 percent on his transfer exams without relying on his rich doctor parents.

But at this moment, his personality seemed a bit rebellious. His navy-blue necktie was tied in a loose manner and he tended to glare a lot.

"I'm Hana of Class 7A." I extended my hand. "It's nice to meet you, Roy."

It was unexpectedly easy to start a conversation with him. I teased him about letting me know his dark secret because I was curious as to how he was able to get a perfect score. But it turned to a direction, I completely did not expect...


My eyebrows increasingly furrowed.

The apple juice straw endured painful biting as the word 'shinigami' constantly repeated in my mind.


"Whoa, Hana."

My ears perked to the lovely girl's voice.

"Why do you look so pissed?"

"Michi!" I squealed and dove for a hug.

Michi's skin is so soft today, I thought, as my cheeks rubbed against her silky, smooth ones.

She patted my head.

"What's wrong?"



© 2012 CNRain


Author's Note

CNRain
Still got your interest?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on October 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 30, 2012


Author

CNRain
CNRain

Davis, CA



About
I've recently started creative writing and found it to be an eye-opening experience. Hope to get some tips and advice on my works. I'm also looking for writing buddies/ beta readers! :] more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by CNRain


Reincarnation Reincarnation

A Chapter by CNRain