Stacy

Stacy

A Chapter by George Love

 

 
Stacy
 
“Nevada, I just want to make the team. Winning Nationals is a dream for me right now, just like having a steady boyfriend is a dream I'll realize one day. You are a great guy and I'm lucky to have you in my corner particularly now because I am really freaked out over this thing with Bobby. Do you think I went too far with the self-defense?”
“Were you afraid he was going to hurt you?”
“More afraid than I've ever been in my life. You didn't see the way he looked at me. It was so weird, and then I think about him spying on us from his house, gross!”
“Well, I know how hard you could have hit his face and from experience, he's lucky you backed off.”
“I'm sorry. Does your nose still hurt where I got you that night? I was really into that self-defense class.”
“Yeah, you were into it all right. I out rank you and outweigh you and you kicked my butt all over the gym.”
“You know I never thought I would ever use anything I learned in that class, just like I learned first aid for fun. I never thought about how I would react if I had to use any of it at all.”
“You're a natural at both Stacy. Well, we're at your next class and I have to get to my class. I'll meet you at your locker between classes. See you at lunch?”
“Yeah, save me a seat and I'll share my dessert with you.”
“That's a deal, but you always give me your dessert.”
“Today, I'm sharing. I can eat some sweets again, for a few days!”
Stacy gave Nevada a hug and entered her classroom where she was met with a round of applause which at once startled and embarrassed her. 
“Stacy, are you sure you're okay to stay in school?” Her teacher raised the issue as much out of concern for Stacy as he was the distraction the rest of the school was experiencing. 
“Yes sir. I would rather stay here and stay busy. All I could do at home would be think about what took place repeatedly. I'm fine staying in class and besides too many rumors could get started if I left school. You know how those sixth graders like to talk.”
Stacy's charming smile disguised the feelings she still had inside, but she knew in her heart she was better off in school than being at home. Through the remainder of her classes, Stacy was able to hold her head up and dispense with any rumors her classmates might begin. Lunch did not come too soon for her and she was very glad once again be with Nevada and the rest of her friends.
“Stacy! How are you doing?”
“I'm okay, thanks Hilary. It's been a long day.”
“I would love to learn how to defend myself the way you did today. That was awesome! You took him down with one twist of your wrist and he weighs twice what you do.”
“It was really nothing Dana. Any of you could do it. It's not that hard. Nevada taught me most of it.”
“Actually, I was her punching bag and practice dummy during self-defense. Don't let her fool you, she's vicious.”
“Sweet little Stacy? Vicious? Not my sister!”




© 2008 George Love


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is really good however i became confused at some places. i love the idea of withholding information to draw the reader in but i think you should maybe introduce the characters. at the beginning i wanted to read more but by the end of it i was just confused. i suggest you maybe have a paragraph at the beginning describing the settig or maybe its just me ... good job anyway i am hooked

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 10, 2008


Author

George Love
George Love

Murfreesboro, TN



About
I am a retired Paramedic with over 20 years of Emergency Medical Services experience. While attending Middle Tennessee State University and Volunteer State College, I majored in Music, English, Preme.. more..

Writing
Power Power

A Poem by George Love