Chapter 7: Training part one

Chapter 7: Training part one

A Chapter by Cocoacandy

Charlie went to her room and changed into her black stretch pants and her sweatshirt. She preferred this look while she was training, because she enjoyed being able to have more mobility. She went out the front door and trudged around to behind the house. There was a large training arena that was fenced in by an old dilapidated brown fence. She walked quietly through the gate and breathed in the soft smell of nature.
The training arena was a large area completely fenced in and surrounded by trees, which contained an archery range, throwing-knife target practice, and a mock-battle area.
Wolf walked into the arena a couple of minutes later and stared in awe. From the outside, it looked like a close-knit group of trees with a fence around it. But from the inside it looked like a jungle training ground. He looked around and shut the gate behind him. He walked slowly down the length of the arena, looking for his new master. Charlie was nowhere to be found. He looked down all three training areas. Suddenly Charlie jumped out of the trees and leapt on him, taking him by surprise. He called out and swung his arms, but to no avail. She snatched his wrists up from behind, and held them behind his back, pulling them high with one hand and pulling her blade from its sheath with her other. She placed her blade in front of his throat and leaned her face near his shoulder.
“Never allow an opponent to sneak up on you.” She hissed in his ear. “It’s the quickest way to die”.
Wolf nodded slowly, careful not to allow his neck to touch the blade. Charlie released his wrists and stepped back, moving the blade back into its sheath with the sound of silver-on-silver. Wolf spun around on his heel and looked Charlie over. She dressed down nicely, he thought, and respected her already.
“And what should I call you then, as you are my mentor, and I need something to call you by.”
“Petra Zena,” she said, admiring her training course and walking down the path towards the mock-combat zone.
Let’s see what you know, she said, as she threw him a protective suit and moved into the ring


© 2011 Cocoacandy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Now that there is some other person involved in the story, more technicality is needed. You've jumped from one character to the other. Could be confusing. It's better if you write from only one person's perspective at a time. You can indicate "intra-chapter" change of perspective with * * * or something like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I got a really good visual of the training arena described in this chapter. You did a good job painting a picture of where they were. I also quite enjoyed her ram teaching technique of 'see, I could have just killed you there.' It is a very effective method of teaching, I'm sure, especially when the apprentice needs to learn fast.

other suggestions:
- A few of these chapters are pretty short, so I don't think breaking them apart is really necessary, especially in cases like this where it is just a direct continuation of the chapter before it without any kind of time jump or break.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Now that there is some other person involved in the story, more technicality is needed. You've jumped from one character to the other. Could be confusing. It's better if you write from only one person's perspective at a time. You can indicate "intra-chapter" change of perspective with * * * or something like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Now the story is getting very interesting. I like the purpose of training. Repetition make you stronger and prepared for anything. A very good chapter. The story is getting better by the chapter. Thank you for sharing your story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

320 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 19, 2011
Last Updated on February 24, 2011


Author

Cocoacandy
Cocoacandy

WI



About
im a fairly random person that tends to confuse people. i try not to, but hey, whatevs... i enjoy writing poetry, and once in a while dabble in short stories, occasionally books... im attemping to wri.. more..

Writing