She

She

A Poem by Nicole

She lay awake in her heartache dreaming about a boy that no longer existed.

With each beautiful thought came the excruciating realization that she could not have what she so desperately desired. Someone honest and caring, someone that loved her without limits, someone who without hesitation would grab her by the waist in public, bringing her closer to his side. 


Love had become her handicap, countless heartbreaks had brought her to become terrified of developing feelings for anyone. She truly believed in her heart that there was no such thing as commitment. That no matter how much she did for someone, in the end they would hurt her, causing her to lose another piece of her heart. 


With tears streaming down her face she declared war against the world. She promised herself that no matter what she would not get hurt again. Love had become a matter of fiction in her mind, and although the loneliness ate her alive when the sun went down, her heart remained protected by an iron cage, never to be unlocked by anyone again. 

© 2013 Nicole


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it! You explained the emotions perfectly
of when you try and try, and finally just say," f**k it"
And close your heart off. Well done :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

219 Views
1 Review
Added on September 11, 2013
Last Updated on September 11, 2013

Author

Nicole
Nicole

Monroe, NY



About
21 year old writer trying to be heard, for now I'll start here. more..

Writing
.. ..

A Poem by Nicole