The porcelain figure smashed on the floor.

The porcelain figure smashed on the floor.

A Story by Alice
"

From a prompt (which is the title here). Just another short thing.

"
The porcelain figure smashed on the floor. One loud bang sounded and resonated in my heart, then deep, deep silence fell.
The carefully structured world around me shook and struggled to take a breath.  My mother's face warps the way it does when she shouts at me. My father's back was turned toward me, but I knew that soon eyes, filled with annoyance that prevailed over quiet worry, would find and focus on me. Already, I feel my aunt's tight hand grasping my head, threatening to crush it in punishment. 
'You are not fit as a lady, much less a girl,' I knew would be their justification and complaint. Always, it was always that frustrating comment.
So immediately, I force my body into action. Away, away before they come. Before the hands, eyes, and shouts could reach me.
And I swore I would neither return, nor cry.

© 2014 Alice


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Author

Alice
Alice

About
My brain likes to spout paragraphs that I can't always get down on paper fast enough. I hope I'll be able to do it this time round. more..

Writing
The Airport The Airport

A Story by Alice


Words Words

A Story by Alice