NFL Lockout

NFL Lockout

A Story by Cody C

The owners of the NFL and the Players Union have been trying to reach an agreement to settle their feuds for some time now. In order for there to be any future NFL  Football, the players union and the owners have to meet an agreement. If there is no NFL season not only will the players suffer, but fans around the world will also.

From the NFL's perspective, the players receive too large a share of league revenues through salaries and benefits. If indeed there is a lockout, it will most definitely have a tremendous impact on the players’s lives. There exotic ways of living will  have to be left behind to live more cheaper lives. NFL players are paid extremely good,  to take the money a way that they make would be life changing. Another con about a lockout for the players would be trying to stay in shape. With no NFL season next year, players won’t receive the practice and workouts they need to stay fit. This will undoubtedly effect there performance if they ever play in the NFL again. However, if the players do accept the agreement the owners have offered, they will suffer possibly even more. According to the Owners proposal, to avoid pay cuts of the players, they will take the regular 16 game season , and increase it to 18 games. This will increase revenue and more gross pay for the owners, who clearly are in it for the money. If the players play 18 games a season they will no doubt have to endure more injuries and deal with much more fatigue. In my opinion this is an outrageous offer the owners have proposed.

If a lockout takes place, the owners will be negatively effected also. The NFL’s fan base is at an extreme number in the United States. The majority of the money the NFL and its associates receive comes from NFL fans through ticket sales, parking sales, Cable packages, apparel sales, and many other ways. If you take all this away, the owners will be making absolutely no money. However it in my opinion won’t be life changing like it would be for the players.  If the two sides do agree on the owners proposal the owners will definitely make out in this situation. With an 18 game schedule two games should boost the NFL’s revenue. The owners have well established wealth, a majority of them all being billionaires. In my opinion there acting out selfishly.


If there is no NFL season next year this will greatly effect many fan’s traditions and life styles. Football in America is by far the most popular sport around. I will be greatly disappointed if there is no season this year. Watching football was a weekly routine for me. During the day on Sunday’s most games were played, which always had me at home watching. Sunday, and Monday night football would be a priority to watch before I went to bed. The start of every NFL season is in the fall, which would make this my favorite time of year. To be honest I really don’t know what I’m going to do with myself if there is no football next year.


If there is an NFL lockout next season I believe that both sides will have negative effects in several different ways. For the players it’ll be loss of money and job, for the owners it’ll be just a loss of money. Im definitely rooting for the players union to win there side of the case. With no football I’m not sure how I’ll deal with it. Football has been a major part of my life since the age of four, so to take that away will also effect my life, along with millions of other people. If there is an NFL Lockout next season, not only the players will lose out, but so will the fans.

© 2011 Cody C


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I totally agree with everything you stated in this. I am a huge NFL fan (and yes even though I'm a girl I really know my stuff) anyway I've been reading up on this stuff everyday to keep updated and I'm very disappointed that this amazing sport has become greedy with money and profit. This is a sport; it should be played for fun. No more of these stupid politics and bank accounts. There better be a season this year or I won't know what to do with myself on Sundays and Monday nights once fall comes around.

Thank you for sharing this on here. I appreciate reading other peoples opinions on NFL news.

~Erinne

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I totally agree with everything you stated in this. I am a huge NFL fan (and yes even though I'm a girl I really know my stuff) anyway I've been reading up on this stuff everyday to keep updated and I'm very disappointed that this amazing sport has become greedy with money and profit. This is a sport; it should be played for fun. No more of these stupid politics and bank accounts. There better be a season this year or I won't know what to do with myself on Sundays and Monday nights once fall comes around.

Thank you for sharing this on here. I appreciate reading other peoples opinions on NFL news.

~Erinne

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All over a s**t load of money...did you know that 1% of our population controls 50% of its wealth?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

273 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2011
Last Updated on April 13, 2011

Author

Cody C
Cody C

OH



About
My writing mainly focuses on Sports and Conspiracy, my two most favorite subjects. I want to be a Sports Journalist after high school. I am on this site because of a course I’m taking in school. more..

Writing