Four

Four

A Chapter by alpinets

She’d lived in the city her whole life, yet it continued to surprise her. Jesse took her to an urban, midtown cafe. The space was lively, yet they felt quite private in their spot by the window. A waiter came over and greeted them, leaving menus and politely encouraging them to take their time. They glanced over their menus silently for a moment, until Jesse glanced up at her and noticed a peculiar expression on her face. “Are you alright?”


She sighed deeply and looked up at him. “This is going to sound awful, but I’m not sure I have much of an appetite.” She responded.


“That’s not awful.” He assured her. “Do you feel nauseous?” He prompted.


“Maybe a little,” She responded sheepishly.


“Well, in my opinion I would say that’s probably because you haven’t eaten in at least 15 hours. I know it may be difficult, but I do think it would be in your best interest to try to eat something.”


She nodded, reopening her menu. “What would your recommend?”


“Something light, perhaps. Maybe a salad, or some soup?” He suggested.


The waiter reappeared then, carrying two water glasses and setting them on the table. “Are we all set?” He asked.


“I think we might be…” Jesse trailed off, locking eyes with Jo.


Jo smiled up at the waiter. “I think so.” She said, smiling at Jesse. “I’ll have the italian wedding soup.”


“And for you, sir?”


“Potato leek, please.” Jesse ordered.


“We’ll get those right out for you. Enjoy your meal, folks.” The waiter gathered the menu and left, leaving them alone once more.


“You’re a soup guy?” Jo asked, dipping her straw into her water.


“Not usually, only on cooler days.” He glanced at the fall day, leaves sweeping up around people as the rushed down the sidewalk. “Occasionally I like to shake things up, try something new.” He answered, turning back towards her.


“Me too.”


“Well then,” Jesse began, lifting his glass. “To trying something new.”


She laughed and clinked her glass with his. “To trying something new.”



© 2017 alpinets


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on September 6, 2017
Last Updated on September 6, 2017


Author

alpinets
alpinets

new york, NY



About
I'm a recent college graduate with a B.A. in Communications. Coffee and Grey's Anatomy are my two favorite things on the planet. I enjoy writing, road-trips and top 40 music. I'm passionate about peop.. more..

Writing
One One

A Chapter by alpinets


Two Two

A Chapter by alpinets


Three Three

A Chapter by alpinets