ghost manner

ghost manner

A Story by Banana split !

Ghost Manner

Chapter one

Well, I suppose I should start telling you my story now, ok then here I go.

It all started when Mother, Father my sister Julia and I were going to stay in a posh hotel in Bath , we were all so excited, little did we know of the danger that awaited us. I remember packing my trunk full of dainty little ballet pumps and light summer dresses and carefully putting in my teddy bear . Julia's trunk was stuffed full of board games and books , she was the reading and playing quietly sort, were as I was the posh sort ,like her, but I also loved out doors and horse riding. Any way , Father drove the 845 miles in our sky blue rover 90 (very expensive) I just loved the soft feel of its black leather seats . We arrived at the hotel at about 5:30pm just in time for tea. Mother knocked on the door with the great big gold handle . A very odd , old looking gentle man came and answered the door, “Come this way, dear guests , I will show you to your bedrooms and then take you downstairs for tea, you are the only guests in Game manner so we will insure you get the best serves!” He took us through a fancy corridor with paintings of serious people and up very wide spotless stairs covered in red velvet . He took us to our room and then showed our parents to ethers . Our room was very big and tidy with 2 single, very comfy looking beds and a huge window and a enchanting looking wardrobe!

Julia immediately started organising her books in alphabetical order and I put away my clothes and shoes and then quickly dibsd the most soft looking bed.

After about 15 mins of arguing over who got witch bedside table Mother and Father came and took us to the dining room. We walked through the fancy hall and say at a little round table with a red and white striped table cloth. The food was marvellous , I had rattatouie and macaroons. That night in our bedroom, Julia was sleeping , I wasn't .I was nodding off when I heard slow footsteps right outside our door. I suddenly felt a lump in my throat , maybe Game manner wasn't as nice as I thought.

 

 

 




Chapter two


I stayed awake all night long , not daring to blink . I wondered to myself , should I wake Julia, should I scream? I desided to stay quiet and still.

In the morning I woke up, (at 3am I fell asleep) and put on my best pink dress with lace on it and little pink pumps and did little pig tails in my hair, I have to say , I looked quite attractive ! I practised my pirouettes until Julia awakened. “ Good morning Grace , did you sleep well?” She asked “no, when you were sleeping I herd footsteps!” Julia, being the mature one, said it was just mother and father coming up to bed from the lounge and that I should stopped being an idiot and grow up.

I knew that the footsteps were too slow to be mother and fathers and there was only one set of them. They sounded to me like old people footsteps, then it hit me, it was the creepy butler that answered the door last night ! There was nothing to worry about after all.

We had a lovely day , we went horse ridding, had a pick nick and went on a boat trip!

When I was in the bathroom after my bath, I was putting on my night gown when the toilet flushed all by itself!!! I screamed of fright and Father came running in and said “ oh my sweet child what ever is the matter, are you all right?” I told him about the toilet and he assured me that it was just an error in the plumbing system and not to worry. At the time I was only 8 so I thought that grown-ups knew every thing so I believed my father, that was a mistake.

Chapter three


It was our second day at Game manner and I was sure it was haunted, in the night my candle by my bed started floating in mid air, by that time I had changed the hotels name to Ghost manner !

I was starting to get very suspicious of the butler so I excused myself from the dinner table and followed him. He walked very slowly through the hotel and he turned round very suddenly, luckily I managed to hide behind a crate before he saw me. Bravely, I continued to follow him. For one brief moment I saw him disappearing and repapering again!

After about 5 mins of walking we came to a old, wooden battered door and he slowly turned the handle .

I had seen the Sherlock Holmes series so I knew what I was doing, when the door was closing I slid a chess piece and it held the door sightly open, just enough so I could here and see what was going on.

I watched in amazement as the butler turned into a ghost! He looked like the most terrifying ghost of all time with his old tattered clothes and his creaky voice! With him stood three other ghosts one woman who seemed to be wearing a wedding dress, and two men who were dressed exactly the same they looked to me like they were twins!

The three other ghosts were obeying the butler as he muttered the words “ KILL THEM!!!”

I ran as fast as lightning back to mother and father and I told them ever y thing, they said they could see the fear in my eyes so they be leaved me!


Chapter four


All four of us ran into a little room and pushed a piano up against the door, Julia was looking in the draws and she found a news paper that said “Killings at Game manner, a newly married couple were staying at game manner for there honey moon and the wife came across her husband dead body, she clames to have seen strange sightings of three ghost’s one wearing a wedding dress and 2 dressed the same ! Was her husband killed by ghosts?” We all fell silent, “ Yes we are ghosts killed a bride and 2 twins and raised them as my minions!” Said the ghost butler “ Now you know I have killed four people , but no mater , because I will have soon killed you too!”

I remembered reading that if you pretend not to be scared of ghosts then all the ghosts you have seen will turn into dust! So I yelled at the top of my voice “ I'm not afraid of ghost !” and the three ghosts yelled “ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” and shrivelled up and died!

We all agreed never to stay in a hotel again and went home



Well that is my story, it happened about 80 years ago now, such fun!

© 2013 Banana split !


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such fun indeed! the endings a bit weird but still. :3

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
1 Review
Added on October 17, 2013
Last Updated on October 17, 2013

Author

Banana split !
Banana split !

Aberdeenshire , United Kingdom



About
Hello, My name is Emily Woodward and I am 12. I live in a small town called Banff in Scotland, Aberdeenshire, I live with my Mum, Dad and two cats. I have a step sister called Freya (Kittykatkonke.. more..

Writing