English Is Terrible: Nuff Said

English Is Terrible: Nuff Said

A Chapter by Crazed Flame
"

When a teenage adolescent finds out his favorite game is real his whole life is shattered, from a boring high school life to an adventure fighting heartless and finding lost friends.

"
I walked up the steps to my high school when i heard a holler behind me. Turning around I came face to face with a man with a build that one called large. Muscular was a definite the man was like a lighter skin toned Luke Cage in the flesh ready to beat down anyone who crossed him. The threatening look was kinda ruined by his goofy grin. A mixture of playfulness and mischief, with a hint of raw attitude that can't be killed.
"Yo Scrawny hows the climb too tough for you?" He called out to me. Having stepped on only the second step of the stairs to the entrance I turned around and gave my friend a dead panned look.
"Don't you have better things to do than insult me? In a very weak manner may I add." I replied to my 'aggressor'. I gave him my own smirk back at him to which he would describe as the epitome of stupid looking.
"Ooh, sassy! what, mommy didn't feed you today?"
"As a matter, of fact yes she said I needed to learn to fend for myself."
"Wow talk about throwing you to the wolves."
I looked at him, my smirk growing to a large grin. "How did you know she did that next?"
We both began laughing, at are stupid conversation. "A good way to start an annoying day, right?" he questioned me. I gave him a confused look to which he cleared up with two words. "English test?"
"I hate life." I said quieter than my average volume.
"Agreed. Why must you be so cruel, oh maiden of life."
"Oh great you two are being drama queens again." This one came from a voice who was walking towards us and the entrance. She was of an average stature around 5'8", with long brown hair that reached the middle of her back. She pushed her glasses As she turned to give me a questioning glare "Well, Jake. Did you study like I told you to?"
"Study?oh, uhhhhhh, totally." I replied hoping she couldn't see through the white lie. Judging from the large sigh of disappointment she gave i'ma say she bought it.
"So, William. Did you fail to study like Jake."
"HEY! I never stated that."
"Again call me Will, and I never had the intention to study in the first place thus all standards have been met!" He gave a large toothy grin at his statement to which I begin to clap for him. Sarcastically.
"Why Do I hang out with you guys?" She honestly asked herself.
"Who else is there to bug you into oblivion, Samantha" I assured. Can't say why she returned my pleasant assurance with such a heavy glare though. Maybe I should lay off before she becomes physically violent. She has never shown a violent side yet and I wasn't about to test that.
"Yeah like the time you were staring at your crush and we teased the hell out of you." Will; however, didn't seem to catch on... or he wanted to see her violent side. Scratch that he totally wanted to see her violent side.
"You two are such idiots." Samantha stated before climbing up the steps and entering the school. We, of course, followed suit. I was the only reluctant one though. School was so boring, teachers who gave lectures, got mad when you can't keep up, and assign confusing class work, as if that wasn't bad enough the homework load was a pain. Who invented home work anyways. if I find out who it was I will go back in time and have Will beat them senseless. I would do it myself but my strength was never truly a highlight in life. In truth I don't think anyone would be hurt from a blow I give.
With a sigh I enter the school. I can't wait for the school day to be over so I can go play my favorite game Kingdom hearts 2, which in all honesty I have already played a hundred times but hey when you have something you love. Though playing it all day and neglecting my studies weren't exactly the best choices I have made in my life.
As my Friends and I walked into the building we  saw how empty I was not a sound to be heard. not to strange for mornings at school so we walked towards the library like we usually did and relax. We entered the library, sat down as Samantha pulled out a book and began reading, Will laid his head and arms onto the table and passed out. I did something i usually don't. I observed. I looked around the library it wasn't like on of those with big book shelves you walk in between. the book shelves were lined up against all the walls and with the room being a near perfect rectangle, I could see everything.  
"Strange." I whispered. Will didn't seem to hear m, cause again he passed right out. Samantha was to engrossed in her book to say anything in response to my whisper.
Standing up from our table and declaring "I will be right back.", I walked right out of the Library. Soon, walking the halls, past class rooms that I peaked through within the corners of my eyes I decided to head to the office. When I entered I found it the same.
"Where is everyone? I doubt school is canceled, else the doors would be locked, plus the lights are on." I went back to the library and when I got back to the entrance of it and opened the door I saw a shadow of a movement in the corner of my eye. My sight darted over to it but saw nothing. I told myself it was nothing but the shiver on my back didn't feel like leaving any time soon. When I entered the library, I found Will still sound asleep and Samantha at the table still book closed now though as her gaze swept the room in a questioning manner. I looked at my watch, and found that I had left the room five minutes ago, school started in 10 more. 
"I can't find anyone, not even in the office." I informed  Samantha. She looked right at me. "I don't believe school is canceled since the doors are still open and all the lights are on."
She leaned back in her chair and placed a hand on her chin before processing the information. Her silence gave me enough time to take a seat. Maybe I should just call my parents and have them take me home. Well I can wait for school to start first. I Look towards one of the computers that was in the library and decided to check if school was canceled or not. So I got on the computer and waited three minutes to log on before I got to my search i checked a news site first and checked the canceled school list and didn't find are school there.

"Anything?" Samantha asked walking over to me. I just shook my head and backed out of the list. This time I actually looked at the site. On it said 'Warning: Black Monsters Are Attacking!'
"Great, more racism just what are country needs." I say partially disgusted with the head line and the other part sarcastic. This of course earned me a slap to the head from Samantha. I gave her a wry smile in return and began scrolling down the site as video began playing. What we saw shocked us.
"Is someone filming a live action movie?" I questioned as I saw the video show people being assaulted by what seemed to be black blobs with piercing yellow eyes. They seemed familiar but I couldn't place it. I stood up and decided to search the halls one more time instead of watching the news cover a movie with a racist sounding title. That was when while looking toward the library's entrance I found a shadow come past the door and rise from the ground starting to twitch back and forth periodically.
"Samantha, you seeing this?" I called to her. She was still looking at the video in confused/horror until she heard her name and turned around to see the dark thing. She felt a shiver crawl down her back as she looked in to its disgusting pale yellow eyes. As if smelling her fear, I looked right at her and jumped towards her. She let out a scream as it came to her, I jumped in frond to block its strange headbutt. It didn't reach me though as a chair collided with it in midair. We both looked to where the chair came from and found William standing alert at the ready.
"Some one mind telling me whats up?" He asked.
Instead of answering I just looked at the blob try to place its familiarity while backing up. Samantha ran to Will's side. The blob seemed to ready its strange posture, until it settled into its strange twitching again. This time pouring its eyes into me.
"Dang it, Will. Can't you pull the aggro properly!" I yelled at him.
"I don't need s**t from you nerd." He cursed back. 
"Language, Captain America!"
"Will you two shut up and focus!" An agitated Samantha added.
During a bickering/worrying of the strange blob, none of us even noticed the sky had darkened a quite a bit. The blob melted into the floor and dashed right beneath me rising again to be behind me. I like to think my act of mimicking Will and grabbing a chair was brilliant, heck it might have been, if the creature didn't melt again into the ground when I swung at it.
"Should have invested into accuracy." Criticized Will.
"Why can't life have a redo Stat option." I jokingly complained.
"How can you guys be cracking jokes right now!" Samantha screamed at our idiocy.  I think it would take to much time to explain to Samantha how the only thing keeping us focused at this point was the pointless wise cracks honestly I don't think Will and I processed this just yet. Okay I haven't processed it, The look on Will's face was his usual (eh' whatever) look. He never was one for critical thinking. Punch first, question later was something he molded himself into.
The Shadow moved back up and this time I got my swing in and launched it! Though, I didn't think it through as I sent it towards Will and Samantha.
"Watch it!" Will Shouted as he launched it back at the entrance to the library. Unfortunately someone decided to walk through at the same moment. Fortune to the kids un-fortune was that he ducked in time.
The boy stood back a glanced at Will with an eyebrow raised. Will merely shrugged at the boy. He shook his head which had Scarlet colored hair he was tall for his age though younger than us  he reached our height easily. He was probably like the middle ground between Will and me which was fairly decent in physical activities. He also new how to play his scrawniness well enough to make an advantage out of it.
"Do I even want to know?" He finally stated. 
At this we all shrugged excluding Samantha, Will just repeated his earlier motion
"What can I say, I just-" Will Never got to finish the statement as the building began to break apart piece by piece revealing the pale black sky with the purple Black sun above us. We felt strong winds pull at us and drag us off the ground. 
"Eaten by a black hole this has to be a dream." Declared Will.
"I don't understand what is happening but i think its Will's fault" Stated the scarlet haired boy.
"I agree with Reaven, this is totally Will's fault." I followed up.
"You guys are heartless." those were the last words he stated as the black hole took him. Followed by Reaven, than Samantha who was probably the only sane one out of us as she had been screaming the entire time.
While I was swallowed Will's last word echoed in my head form a clicking sound in my head to the sense of familiarity of the black blob. 
"Heartless." Was my last word as the darkness swallowed me.





I felt cold.

First off, I would like to state that I decided to redo this story as the first chapter never stood out well to me and I think I could do a better job at it now.

 The cast I have introduced is not everyone others will show up as time goes on and not everyone will be together constantly. 

In fact every one you have met so far is going somewhere completely different from each other. 

lol.

Now as I leave you here, I hope you enjoy the utter nonsense that is my mind. 


© 2018 Crazed Flame


Author's Note

Crazed Flame
Pls, inform me if you notice grammar errors i would be happy to correct it just try not to be rude about it

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

YESSSSSSS I DON'T DIE FIRST!!!!!!!!!

I kind of wish the chapter was longer but I liked it all the same. I was more than surprised to see real names used however. Being able to use last names could be useful so I would suggest falsifying last names so they can be used. For example, Jack Kennedy, Jack Ford, Jack Finn. Also you should account for the fact that this mysterious main character was just recently a normal highschooler. It's more than odd he copes so easily with the fact that things beyond the realm of normality/reality are happening. But, it's just advice. I love it. Now upload more chapters, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk but not really.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

why am i always the first to die?????????????????????????? i cry every time. anyways good start. i just wish there were more chapters. Put some more dang chapters OR ELSE. not really but really.


btw ITS SPELLED DEVAN

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


I also think I should add you spell his name as Devan.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

YESSSSSSS I DON'T DIE FIRST!!!!!!!!!

I kind of wish the chapter was longer but I liked it all the same. I was more than surprised to see real names used however. Being able to use last names could be useful so I would suggest falsifying last names so they can be used. For example, Jack Kennedy, Jack Ford, Jack Finn. Also you should account for the fact that this mysterious main character was just recently a normal highschooler. It's more than odd he copes so easily with the fact that things beyond the realm of normality/reality are happening. But, it's just advice. I love it. Now upload more chapters, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jk but not really.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 5, 2015
Last Updated on June 30, 2018
Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Other


Author

Crazed Flame
Crazed Flame

Oklahoma City, OK



About
I am Crazy more..

Writing
R R

A Chapter by Crazed Flame



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..