Chapter 2 pt. 2

Chapter 2 pt. 2

A Chapter by crazysox
"

Peter has proof.

"

“The Tale of Peter Rabbit. That’s the book you read to me all the time. That’s the book you named me for! Don’t you remember?”

“No, I don’t. And I don’t see why I should. I can’t remember it because it never happened. I wouldn’t name my son after a picture book. More importantly, I never had a son. I think it’s time you left, Peter.” I stood up to carry in his lemonade glass. He hadn’t taken a sip out of it. It was hard to avoid spilling when Peter forcefully grabbed my hand. It stopped me in my tracks.

“If you wouldn’t name me after a picture book, then what do you call this?” In his left hand sat a leather journal, open to the first page. “Just….read it.”

I’m still holding the tray of lemonade when I read the entry. No, I take that back; I can’t even read the first word of the entry. I’m too confused by the journal itself. It’s exactly like the journal Damian carried around with him all the time. Except….Damian’s dead

Peter seems so confident, so stable now. Nothing like the nervous, stuttering Peter that knocked on my door just seven minutes and fifty-two seconds before. I’m almost scared of what this Peter �" what this delusional man �" might do.

It’s time to sort things out logically. When I’m afraid, I look at things like they’re a logic puzzle. Making sense of things is far more sensible than fearing them. Is that a monster in my closet? Or is it the AC blowing against the dresses? Is Peter a delusional, psychotic asylum runaway? Or is he telling the truth, and is so desperate for my trust that a spark of courage appeared? I’m stuck on this one.

I stop giving him an icy glare when he lets go of his icy grip and begins to read.

            Dear Jolie,                  July 7th, 2007

                        Once again, it’s a hot summer’s day. I wish you were here to give me the secret recipe for your lemonade. I’m sure Peter would love that. He also loves his name; I read him that book seventeen times today. The Tale of Peter Rabbit. I remember how you chose his name because of that book. You insisted that if he was named after it, he would love it, and how loving books at a young age is what gets you into college, and out of the dumpster, and so on. Well, I don’t know about the college part, but you were right. He wants to read it again now. I wish you were here to see this.

            With love, Damian

            I’m shocked to find that someone wrote my name on that page. Even more shocking, that someone was my husband.



© 2011 crazysox


Author's Note

crazysox
This was originally the third chapter, but I thought that since both Chapter 2 and Chapter 3 were so short, I might as well make them one chapter. Please remember that this is the first draft, and I'm taking all suggestions for things to edit and change. Please review, and thank you for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very interesting ! I'm curious about lots of things in this :3

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2011
Last Updated on August 8, 2011


Author

crazysox
crazysox

DC



About
NOTE: My featured story is almost always my most recent one. PLEASE read that one first, my older works are probably not that good! I'm a 14-year-old writer who's always dreamed of becoming the aut.. more..

Writing
Flaming Rings Flaming Rings

A Story by crazysox


Remember? Remember?

A Story by crazysox