Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
War 2

War 2

A Story by Ashley
"

The second part to it. Not very good either...lol

"

Mrs. Johnson was standing by her son’s, coffin. She wept and cried. Then the priest began his speech. Mrs. Johnson didn’t see any Marines there, no was there flags. There was supposed to be a proper burial for her son, but she guessed the Marines didn’t care all that much. She then got an idea. She would rally anti-war people and fight for all those other boys in the war.

When the service was over, a Marine finally did come over. He saluted the coffin, then Mrs. Johnson. He seemed strange for he wouldn’t look directly at her and she couldn’t see his face. Just when he started to walk away, she questioned him.

“Excuse me, did you know Trey?” She asked him. He didn’t turn back around, nor did he speak. He started to walk away again. “He was my son. My only son. His father died to, in the war,” she droned out. She didn’t know exactly why she said that. She needed someone to talk to, to get it all out. The Marine finally turned around. Mrs. Johnson clutched her heart. The Marine looked like Trey. She didn’t understand it, how could she see him? He walked towards her and smiled.

“I’m sorry for your loss. Good day.” He walked away again. Mrs. Johnson was in shock. She couldn’t believe it. Was it her imagination, or was he really there. There was no way of telling.

“Now, we need you to get out there and kick some a*s!” The Sergeant yelled. Trey and his best friend were messing around in the back. No one knew any one; they were all new to each other. Then they decided it would be funny if they traded their dog tags and identities. Nothing would happen to them; they could fool everyone then say it was a joke. So the plan was set. In the mist of the war they were separated, put into different charges. They only realized how serious it was until after they were no longer in contact. When they tried telling their Sergeants, they just laughed. Trey was put on the front line. He was a target for all to shoot at. It was quiet as they made their way to the beach, then up the hill. All of a sudden, shots fired out. Bullets were flying everywhere. Somehow Trey was able to run back to the trench. He was scared shitless. He didn’t want to go back out there; he wanted to run away from it. He forgot why he was fighting in the first place. He felt like a coward, but he knew being a coward was better than being dead. He made a plan, the first chance he’d get, he would run back, and hide on a ship. But he would get caught eventually. Then he had a better idea, although he was afraid to do it. It was like committing suicide, but he had to do it. He stood up, and waited. Finally he was hit, thankfully in the leg. It hurt like hell. He was screaming for the medic, but no one was coming. Thoughts about death were racing through his mind. What if he made a mistake, he could’ve killed himself. But this was no time to think like that. Finally after what seemed like hours the medic came. He as dragged down to the beach, where he was bandaged up and fed.

It took a lot of guts to see his mother. He didn’t mean to scare her. When she clutched her heart, he thought he killed her. He had hoped she would’ve understood, but it was apparent that she did not get his letter. Trey is no longer Trey. He had to run from the Marines. Going AWOL is a terrible thing to do. He had learned of his own death, knowing it was his friend. So he decided to be his friend, which was easy because his friend had no family. He knew it was a mistake to go to his own funeral, but he had to see his mother. He didn’t want to give hint that he was not dead, but his mother looked so sad and heartbroken. He remembered what they argued about when he left, which made him feel worse.

Mrs. Johnson was in the hospital. Heart attack the doctors said. They thought she was under too much stress, seeing her dead son and all. In fact, when she would be released, they scheduled her to an institution. She knew what she saw and if no one believed her than tough s**t. It broke her heart to know that her son hasn’t been back to see her. But she knew he had to soon, he did go to his own funeral. She knew he couldn’t bear with that guilt. Besides, she was curious to why they said he was dead, and who was in the casket. She wondered if they kept track of military personnel. However, she didn’t make it much longer to see him again.

When the news of his mother’s death reached Trey, he was heartbroken. He couldn’t believe he made his mother wait that long without seeing her. How could he kill his own mother? Then it hit him. Their family was never together, so maybe God was telling him something.

The newspaper read about a Marine who posed as another Marine to go AWOL. Then his background about how his father died, then his mother. Which eventually drove him to his own death. Charges could not be brought up on the Marine’s family because there was no family.


 

© 2009 Ashley


Author's Note

Ashley
Not good, take your shot...lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on January 5, 2009

Author

Ashley
Ashley

AZ



About
Well, I love to write on my own. I'm hoping to make new friends and what not so let me get started :D more..

Writing
Lover's Time Lover's Time

A Story by Ashley


War War

A Story by Ashley