A Daughter's Love Never Ends

A Daughter's Love Never Ends

A Story by Ashley
"

Story about a girl who will put up with anything for her mother.

"
    I knew I went too far. But I could not stop. She just made me so mad. And now, there she is, on the floor. Not even a tear on her face. She must be in pain. Instead, her abnormal violet eyes stared up at me. I froze. Not even fear showed. How could she be so strong? I wasn’t. I cried and screamed. It made it worse for me. Maybe she knew that. I dropped the umbrella. It was wet, from the rain and her blood. She continued to stare, waiting for something. I felt dizzy. I leaned against the wall, my eyes filled with white flashes.
    Opening my eyes, I became horrified. Lexi was on the floor, covered in blood. Next to her, an umbrella. I immediately bent down and held out my hands. She grabbed them right away and I pulled her up. We walked to the bathroom; I was speechless. I helped her undress, then I looked her over. There were welts on her side and a cut across her stomach. I thanked God it was nothing serious, at least not for a trip to the ER. I turned on the shower and helped her in. While she washed up, I sat on the lid of the toilet. I took a deep breath, then slowly let it out.
    “She was here, wasn’t she?” I asked. The sound of the water changed, hitting the bottom of the tub.
    “Yes.” Her answer was soft. I put my head in my hands and sighed. I decided, like I had many times before, to put an end to it.
    “Get dressed, meet me in the car,” I said, standing up. The shower abruptly stopped and the shower curtain flown aside. I gasped.
    “No!” Lexi screamed. She looked at me with worry. I couldn’t take my eyes off her bruises. At least the bleeding stopped.
    “Lexi, you’re in danger. You should leave. I am going to check myself in. Enough is enough.” She grabbed a towel and stomped out. I wondered what kept her here. She was eighteen, in college and she even had a nice boyfriend. But she quit all that when my “episodes” started. She came back home and to my horror, endured the abuse. We both know, from Google, that it wasn’t me. There is another personality, one that likes to hurt her. I wanted to admit myself right away, but Lexi begged me not to.
    My other half showed herself once a month. Just one random day. We found it was like clockwork. Predictable like a women’s menstrual cycle. Today was different. I had had an episode last week. It was a bad one. Lexi had a bruise on her cheek and some hair missing where “she” pulled them out. Yet she didn’t want to leave. No doctors, no ER.
    “She could kill you. Let me go.” I recalled an earlier conversation. To which she responded saying she wouldn’t let that happen.
    “I would be taken care of, on medication.” I pleaded.
    “No, we are fine. We need each other.” A tear fell from her eye.
    “You don’t need me. You had a good life. Stop wasting it with me. Who knows, I might get better.” She grew angry.
    “No. I belong here, you belong here. It’s been a year and it’s not that bad. We can handle it.”
    “What about your job? Don’t they notice?” I asked. She shook her head, her long auburn hair fell in her face. I tucked it behind her ear. She looked at me.
    “Those beautiful eyes. Now hidden behind bruises. You can’t want this. Why do you?” I asked hoping she would finally give me the answer. She didn’t. I sat there wondering while she made lunch. Haven’t talked about it, until today.
    I snapped out of last week and went to her bedroom. She was dressed, sitting on the bed. I leaned into the doorway. She looked up, then down again. She was crying. I went over and sat next to her.
    “I promised dad.” My mouth dropped. She snuck a glance at me. Tears filled my eyes.
    “When?” I choked out.
    “Before he died. He said I was strong enough. Said you don’t deserve to be in a place full of mental people.” She looked at me.
    “But he died before it started.” At least I thought.
    “You started showing minor signs. I think it progressed after he passed.” I was shocked.
    “Minor signs?” I wasn’t sure I wanted to hear.
    “Forgetfulness, random outbursts and sometimes you would talk as if you were a different person.” I shook my head in disbelief. My husband died two years ago, from cancer. He was stubborn, didn’t like to go see doctors. By the time I forced him to the ER, it was too late. He died a month later. I hated him at first, for not going to the doctors when he first had pain.
    “What else did he say?” I wiped my face, getting rid of the wetness. She hesitated.
    “No matter how bad it gets, stay with her. She can’t be alone, ever.” More tears fell from her. I wrapped my arms around her. She leaned her head against me.
    “I don’t think he knew it would get this bad. You did what you could. I’m sure he’s proud of you. And darling, I won’t be alone. You can visit everyday. I won’t get better if I’m not treated,” I said. She sighed and sat up straight.
    “Ok. I’ll take you. But you don’t have to stay if you change your mind.” Before I could reply she walked out towards my room. I laid down and closed my eyes. I pictured my husband’s face. I missed him so much. I though of how happy we were. Time went by while I day dreamed. Lexi came back in, two suitcases behind her. I managed to smile for her. We locked up the house and got in the car. She hesitated turning the key. I smiled again. She looked at me with regret. I patted her hand and nodded. She turned the key.
    I woke up. Funny, I didn’t remember falling asleep. What I saw, was far from funny. Still in the car we were on the side of the road. I could hear sirens in the distance.
    “Lexi, what’s go-,” I screamed. Lexi, my baby, was slumped over the steering wheel covered in blood. I panicked. I reached for her, felt how cold she was. She wasn’t breathing. The sirens were getting closer. I became hysterical. I looked out, we were two miles from the Medical Center. Oh, why couldn’t I have made it? She was all I had left. In the mirror, I saw an ambulance and two cop cars. I watched them approach. The cop came to my side, the paramedics to Lexi. The cop opened the door and asked if I was ok.
    “No, far from it.” I never took my eyes off Lexi. The paramedic’s eyes widened. He looked at me, then at the cop. I was brought to his car and put in the backseat. He walked back and talked with the paramedic. They both looked at me. I lowered my head. The cop walked back to me. He had a little book and a pen out.
    “What happened?” He asked.
    “I don’t remember. We were going to the Medical Center and then it’s like I blacked out.” The cop grunted.
    “Officer!” The paramedic yelled. I watched as they went through Lexi’s purse. They pulled out an envelope, and opened it. After reading it, they looked at me again.
    “Put cuffs on her,” he shouted to the other cop. I cooperated and let him arrest me. The paramedic continued his examination. He came over with the paper in his hand.
    “This was in your daughter’s purse. I’m going to read it to you.” I nodded. “To who it may concern, if something happens to me, I want you to know it is not my mother’s fault. She is sick, has another personality. We hid it from the doctors because I could take care of her. Please make sure she gets the best care, she will need it now.” I started wailing. The cops looked confused.
    “Let’s take her to the Medical Center,” one of them said. They closed the door and we went the last two miles. I didn’t want to think. I lost everything. Then I thought of her violet eyes. They were so unique. I closed my eyes. Something pushed me. Not physically, but mentally. I became tired, not caring anymore. So I let it push. I let it enter and then I was no more.

© 2010 Ashley


Author's Note

Ashley
It's been awhile since I've written...two years. I hope this will be a good comeback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on April 1, 2010
Last Updated on April 1, 2010

Author

Ashley
Ashley

AZ



About
Well, I love to write on my own. I'm hoping to make new friends and what not so let me get started :D more..

Writing
Lover's Time Lover's Time

A Story by Ashley


War 2 War 2

A Story by Ashley


War War

A Story by Ashley