Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Cristalle Kao

Chapter 3- Kaz

Arkacia Space Station

 

            Kaz walked into the launching bay to steal a pod. He’s never stolen anything in his life, and he never planned on it. Although if he had to choose between this and staying on the Council his whole life he would choose this no matter what. He was the top of his class and confident that he could fly this pod to Earth with no problems. His aim was to go to the Cotrella District, where all the clothes are made for people in Arkacia. It is apparently one of the better regions on Earth. Others are ravaged and desolated. Kaz spotted the pod he trained in his entire academic life, and walked towards it. This was it. He was about to make his dream come true.

As he entered the pod, it came to life with a whirring of electricity. Screens turned on and the craft hummed with life. He put his right hand on the sensor pad as it scanned his fingertips. KAZ SUNGAR: APPROVED USAGE. WELCOME. I AM SYRIYUM. PLEASE ENTER COORDINATES FOR LAUNCH. Kaz entered the Coordinates for Cotrella and waited as Syrium loaded it into the GPS.

*INCOMING MESSAGE*

            Kaz watched as the screen in front of him loaded a video feed from the control room. Reish’s angry face came into his vision. “KAZ! What do you think you’re doing? You are not authorized to fly this pod out of Arkacia. Now get back here this instant!” He demanded.

 

“Sorry Dad, but if you want me to stay on Arkacia my whole life I can’t agree with you. I need to see Earth; not just watch it from a screen. Don’t worry, I won’t cause any problems.” He said and shut off the communications. Kaz focused on overriding the controls to the bay and opened the doors. He began to move Syrium forward and they glided out of the bay.

He adjusted the degree, the temperature and made sure the shields had enough power to protect him from burning up when he entered Earth’s atmosphere.

After rechecking his speed, he leaned back and relaxed. In 30 minutes he would be on Earth. He let his mind wander and he reviewed what he knew about Earth and the people still living there. Earth apparently was once a very prosperous planet with life abundant. Now, it is overpopulated, forests are sparse and disease is rampant. Land has become desert and the oceans are filled with pollution and mutated animals.

 

The picture of the crowd of people around the representative from Arkacia and the one girl standing in front of him came to mind. Who was she? And what was going on?  He wondered. There was so much about Earth he doesn’t know. Who they people are, what they’re like, and especially nothing about the rebel group Archive. Or even why they are considered a rebel group. But he knows once thing: he doesn’t often listen to his father or takes Reish seriously, but he does believe that this C.J person leading Archive is dangerous. Whoever he is, Kaz wasn’t going to let him get the upperhand.

 

            Suddenly the alarm goes off, waking Kaz from his thoughts. What the hell? He thought. The alert appeared on all screens: WARNING: ELECTRICAL FAILURE.

Electrical Failure?? How? Kaz immediately looked on his progress. He was nearing the atmosphere fast, and now he’s running out of power? If he doesn’t fix this, He’ll die from entering the atmosphere. The pod began to violently shake as it neared the stratosphere. He began to manually reroute almost all power to the shields and kept the necessary power to the thrusters to control his speed.

            The pod entered the atmosphere and the impact threw Kaz against his seat. His vitals shot up Adrenaline in his system, fear, and his heartbeat was through the roof. He was so close. But one thing wrong with the shields and he would be nothing more than ash falling down to Earth. He reached to activate the thrusters to slow the pod down, and as soon as he pressed the button a current of electricity shot through him, and he fell into unconsciousness.

 

 

 



© 2016 Cristalle Kao


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on May 29, 2016
Last Updated on October 3, 2016
Tags: The, Abandoned, End, Of, world, Space, Sci-fi, teen, novel


Author

Cristalle Kao
Cristalle Kao

Syracuse, NY



About
I love to write my own novels, but don't have many people who I trust to read...I would love input from you guys! more..

Writing
Bullet Bullet

A Story by Cristalle Kao


Red Sand Red Sand

A Story by Cristalle Kao