YOU

YOU

A Poem by CRZ

It's easier to be who you want to be.
When you forget who is around to see. 
But our egos and reputation 
is something we all care about
either on our everyday life or subconsciously 
Cause what they see in me , is part of the man
I command in me.

© 2013 CRZ


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

yes...here lies the truth:)
i completely agree with your words..its the people around, who no matter, how much we do for them, are never satisfied, and also at a time when we aren't able to fulfill their expectations, they r the only ones, who first criticize and grumble, sadly, a bitter irony:)

so yes, we first need to be us n value our self, because we are good and happy ever thing around and everyone will automatically be alright:)

well done:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like how you've brought out your message in simple words, but loud and clear all the same here. Good job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


"I think; therefore I am" :) nicely done...love the brevity and depth...my cup of tea.
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very true poem! I love the first lines especially;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


So true Jason. We create a persona - a front for the outside and only our trusted intimates know the real us (or what we choose to reveal even to them). Pretty soon its hard to break free from this character we have created.
A wry observation on the human condition CRZ
Well done

Posted 10 Years Ago


what they see in me is part of the man I command in me. Wise words.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This a great piece. Profound and solid. I would just say, you might want to loose the full stop at the end of the first line, to me it stops the flow when that line and the second one should flow together. But, a great piece.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like this very much and agree that for many years in our lives we never show who we want to be. As I get older I care less now about the side that I showed to others, now I say this is me and I care not what anyone thinks. Good write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


very true statement you have going here. no matter how much people say they don't care about other's opinions, that desire to please or just that slight care will always be present. great work and even if you can't forget who is around to see, always be who YOU are :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DJ
This is a deep write, really got me thinking.

"It's easier to be who you want to be.
When you forget who is around to see."

Love these lines, they sum it up very well. It is true that without others judgments and eyes, it is a lot easier to be true to ourselves. Thanks :)

Posted 10 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

824 Views
43 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on April 9, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..